Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#123355 - 10/17/03 04:10 PM Any Yankee Fans?
LCM Offline
LCM
Am I the only one who likes the Yankees? I'm so happy they won last night, but I have no one to share my happiness with. I'm the only NYY fan at the bank. I feel so alone sometimes.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#123356 - 10/17/03 04:12 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll be a Yankee fan.

Return to Top
#123357 - 10/17/03 04:14 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Now that the Red Sox lost, I guess I am, too.

Return to Top
#123358 - 10/17/03 04:14 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Yes, I think you are. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

Eeeeegadds! I just noticed you are in my old back yard in O's country. Fear not, Yankee fans do exist down there - you just need to look a little harder. By now you must know that Bawlmer fans realllllly do not like the Yanks. Most would rather see the Marlins win. (When it comes to NY and DC, Bawlmer has a complex.)

So, find a few Yankee fans, go out and watch the series while washing down some steamed crabs with a few beers. Shoot - just for you . . . and just for this year, I'll side with the Yankees too!
Last edited by Tin Man; 10/17/03 04:27 PM.

Return to Top
#123359 - 10/17/03 04:20 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, I'm not a Yankee fan!!! I'm tired of seeing them in the World Series......Let some other team have a chance! And, I think the Yankee players' egos are all a bit too big!

Return to Top
#123360 - 10/17/03 04:34 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I am not a Yankee fan either. They are the evil empire, the darkside of the force, etc. (I can hear the Darth Vader music playing now).

The networks have loved the ratings for the baseball playoffs so far----well, they better get over it now that the CUBS and RED SOX have lost. Imagine what the ratings would have been for a CUBS/RED SOX world series? Now the ratings will plunge. I hope the Marlins win, but I won't be watching.

I was really ticked that NBC pulled The West Wing Wednesday because of the game.

Return to Top
#123361 - 10/17/03 04:46 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
I have several teams that I like, Cubs, Yankees, Cardinals, Braves. The Braves used to be higher on the list, but they pretty much traded away all the players that I liked.

Last night when it looked like a Sox-Marlins series, I wasn't even interested in the series. The Yankees made a game of it and we are again excited about the series. Of course, if it had been Cubs-anyone, I would have been pulling for the Cubs!!

My favorite moment from last night, Posada hitting the double and the sheer excitement on his face as he stood on 2nd base. Also liked it when one of the players went to Zimmer in the dugout after the game and Zimmer was in tears.

Return to Top
#123362 - 10/17/03 05:20 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My daughter is, but just because her 3rd grade softball team was the Yankees. I almost had to ground her when I asked if it was Cubs/Yanks World series, who would she root for and she hesitated!

Return to Top
#123363 - 10/17/03 05:36 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
LCM Offline
LCM
Oh, CubDave, out of the mouths of babes.... Thanks to all who offered support! Go Yanks Go!

Return to Top
#123364 - 10/17/03 05:43 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't feel alone - I'm the only Yankee fan in our bank. When you live not to far from Dallas, who could possibly cheer for the Rangers??

Go Yanks!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#123365 - 10/17/03 06:02 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Gotwood Offline
Platinum Poster
I've been a closet Yankee fan since I was about 9 years old. At that time I met my great grandfather who told me of the joy he had listening to Yankees games. In the national league I've always been a SF fan because my brother was a Dodger fan and as brothers, we could never be for the same team!

Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#123366 - 10/17/03 06:26 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Yankees?

How about them Brewers! Just wait until next year (at which point I'll be saying wait until next year again).

Oh what a lonely existence it is being a Brewers fan.

I didn't think it would be relevant starting a Brewers thread. I didn't want to be the only one posting to it.
Last edited by tmf; 10/17/03 06:28 PM.

Return to Top
#123367 - 10/17/03 06:53 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Am I the only one who likes the Yankees? I'm so happy they won last night, but I have no one to share my happiness with. I'm the only NYY fan at the bank. I feel so alone sometimes.

I'm from Mass and a Red Sox fan, need I say more?
I too am sick of seeing the Yankees in the series. I have a feeling that the ratings may be one of the lowest of all time, just my opinion.

Return to Top
#123368 - 10/17/03 06:58 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
I am a great fan of the Yankees of Ruth, Gehrig, Hoyt, Dimaggio, Ford, Mantle, and Berra. I am even a fan of the Yankees players like Paul O'Neill, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Roger Clemens. I think that Joe Torre is one of the calssiest acts in baseball.

It's just a shame that their owner is an unmitigated SOB. I have a hard time rooting for them, just because of him.

Sorry, I'll be rooting for the Fish.

Return to Top
#123369 - 10/17/03 07:01 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
I'm not a Yankee fan. However, I will say that Yankee fans have it pretty good. Yes, they have to deal with the ego that is George Steinbrenner, but at the same time, they are fans of a team that is always trying to win.

Granted, many people say that they try to "buy" championships and that the Yankees use their deep pockets to annihilate the competition. Bottom line is, I'm a Cardinal fan and I was disappointed this year that they didn't make a move down the stretch to improve the team with a trade. I was disappointed last spring that they didn't make any free agent acquisitions to improve the team. No matter what, Yankee fans can always feel like management is trying to field the best possible team instead of feeling like management is trying to coax the best possible ROE from their investment.

With that said, Go Marlins... (apologies to the Yankee fans.....)

Return to Top
#123370 - 10/17/03 07:31 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steinbrenner is just like Jerry Jones. "Daddy Warbucks" can spend his money - just needs to keep his mouth shut.

Yes, I'm a Cowboy fan also, just don't like the owner....

Return to Top
#123371 - 10/17/03 07:50 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
chuck Offline
chuck
northwest missouri
I will be able to get some work done since the series is only the yankees and Marlins. Could care less!

Return to Top
#123372 - 10/17/03 08:27 PM Re: Any Yankee Fans?
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
I appear to be the only Yankee hater in an office filled with Yankee fans. It has not been a good day.

At least I won't be losing sleep watching the World Series.

Return to Top