Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#123373 - 10/17/03 04:38 PM Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
pgrimes Offline
pgrimes
Glenview, IL
We are doing annual compliance training for the staff. It will include BSA, CRA and Fair Lending. Do we make the maintenance staff attend??? The last time we did they looked like deer in headlights and needless to say struggled through the tests. However, they could witness suspicious activity and someone could intercept them in the lobby to ask for about our CRA Notice???
What is everyone else doing???

Return to Top
General Discussion
#123374 - 10/17/03 04:50 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
AMXSteve Offline
Wilmington, OH, USA
We don't make our maintenance staff attend compliance training. The material covered simply has nothing to do with their normal job functions. We did do some abreviated privacy training with our maintenance staff because they could see things that are on people's desks and, theoretically, they could come in contact with files. Also, some of our maintenance staff make our runs to the post office, so they do handle mail (sealed) containing customer information. For the other compliance training, we exempt them.

Return to Top
#123375 - 10/17/03 04:52 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Deer in headlights? That sounds like some of the lenders around here.

Return to Top
#123376 - 10/17/03 04:53 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Here too!!

Return to Top
#123377 - 10/17/03 08:50 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The CRA file has some valid points and I recall a bank getting kudo's because a janitor did refer the examiner to the CRA Officer for the public file.

I wouldn't include them in to awful much, except for what applies. Customer information applies to an extent, as mentioned. And they may handle the shred too so that is important. Consider including them in security training. They may be in a lobby during a robbery, as an example, and they need to know what to do. You don't want John Wayne trying to save the bank and possibly causing injury, and you do want him to know the basics of ID'g someone, as examples.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#123378 - 10/17/03 09:13 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skittles and Soccer Mom
This is the BOL Auto Responder function notifying you that your posts have been forwarded to your senior lender along with several other similar posts by someone named Maria.

Return to Top
#123379 - 10/19/03 03:25 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

We are doing annual compliance training for the staff. It will include BSA, CRA and Fair Lending. Do we make the maintenance staff attend???

We include the courier and maintenance staff in CRA, Privacy, OFAC, and BSA. They are exempt from all other.

Return to Top
#123380 - 10/19/03 09:18 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you think an Auditor or Regulator would find a deficiency in your training program if you excluded the Maintenance folk from your BSA and OFAC training? I will be conducting training here at my bank for virtually all employees very soon, but I will not be including the Maintenance folks...seems like wasted time for them, as I can't see where their jobs tie into BSA or OFAC.

Return to Top
#123381 - 10/20/03 03:38 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
I Wear Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
I Wear Many Hats
the beautiful state of ME
our maintenance/courier staff is exempt from most compiance training. We do make copies of presentations available for them to review if they want.

Return to Top
#123382 - 10/20/03 06:38 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Quote:

Skittles and Soccer Mom
This is the BOL Auto Responder function notifying you that your posts have been forwarded to your senior lender along with several other similar posts by someone named Maria.

Return to Top
#123383 - 10/21/03 12:20 PM Re: Maintenance Personnel and Compliance Training
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

Skittles and Soccer Mom

Hey what's up with that? I didn't even post here!!

Return to Top