Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#123880 - 10/21/03 12:49 PM RegCC -- Case-by-case and Exception notices
Anonymous
Unregistered

According to my understanding, an exception hold extends the normal hold time the bank would use by either 5 or 6 days. The bank has, as policy, next day availability and routinely uses case-by-case holds. Does the bank have to use a case-by-case notice in addition to the extended (Exception) hold notice? (My question applies to both deposits greater than $5000 [local / non-local] and to other exception hold reasons.) If you have the answer would you please provide your reference cite.

It just wouldn’t surprise me if a double disclosure was required -- you know, not seeing the forest…

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#123881 - 10/21/03 01:21 PM Re: RegCC -- Case-by-case and Exception notices
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Re: Does the bank have to use a case-by-case notice in addition to the extended (Exception) hold notice? No, you don't have to do two holds unless you want to maximize the hold for an over $5,000 deposit and have no other reason for the hold.
The exception hold only allows you to hold the amount in excess of $5,000. Adding the case-by-case hold allows you to hold $4900 for for 2/5 days.

Return to Top
#123882 - 10/21/03 01:29 PM Re: RegCC -- Case-by-case and Exception notices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you.

In regards to a deposit greater than $5000 exception hold, can you combine the language from 229 appendex C-12 (exception) and C-16 (case by case) model notices?

Return to Top
#123883 - 10/21/03 01:47 PM Re: RegCC -- Case-by-case and Exception notices
BeachGirl Offline
100 Club
Myrtle Beach, SC
We have a combined notice for both case-by-case and exception holds. We did this because there were too many mistakes being made as to which notice to provide the Customer. I'll gladly share it with you if you PM me. I cannot take credit for the design of the notice. A speaker at a seminar I attended a few years ago shared the notice with the attendees. I just revised it to fit our needs.

Return to Top
#123884 - 10/22/03 11:06 PM Re: RegCC -- Case-by-case and Exception notices
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
In Bankers Tools, there is a combined Hold Notice form as well as a step-by-step Guide for completing the form.

Reg CC Tools

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett