Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options Tools
#124175 - 10/22/03 01:37 PM New Project...Purchase Orders
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
As the trainer for a growing bank, we have seen our external training expense go through the roof - I have been tasked with researching and setting up a Purchase Order system whereby I have to approve all education expenses prior to the fact ('Oh, Joy'). Can anyone point me in the right direction for something like this. Thanks much, in advance.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#124176 - 10/22/03 02:02 PM Re: New Project...Purchase Orders
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
We have a process in place kinda like what you describe. We're spread over a lot of geography, though - so it's just not as easy as it sounds. A simple training request form, completed and sent to your attention might do the trick - or an email request.

The hard part is getting everyone to follow the process. Obviously, if you don't know about it, you can't do anything about it. This will work only if your top management is emphatic about it to the staff, and if there's some kind of accountability for not following the procedures.

Return to Top
#124177 - 10/22/03 04:51 PM Re: New Project...Purchase Orders
Risk Officer Offline
100 Club
Dallas
For training that we know about in advance, the Training Director approves during the annual budget process. If the budget is approved, no other approval is required. This also helps Executive Management, the Training Officer, and the Personnel Committee see an overview of training for the coming year and make adjustments where appropriate.

Other training requests throughout the year are approved by the Personnel Committee which meets monthly.

Return to Top