Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Thread Options
#1209249 - 06/29/09 02:54 PM Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
It appears enough of us have now read this to move the discussion out of the book thread.

**SPOILER WARNING AND DISCLAIMER**

By continuing to read this thread you are hereby accepting that spoilers WILL appear and you forfeit your right to complain about it.

OK - so, addressing spoiler issue #1 as presented by TR in the book thread:
The ending. I have to agree that the last couple of chapters kind of collapsed. It was almost like JE went, "Oh carp, I'm almost to 300 pages - better wind this up now." I thought it was pretty good up to that point, though.

Now, MY issue with this one was: since when is Ranger smarmy and Joe the nice guy?!?! Did anyone else get the feeling that JE is setting Ranger up to be phased out somehow? I hope that's not the case, but she seems to be making his character less likeable lately.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1209259 - 06/29/09 03:00 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
My thoughts EXACTLY ! She keeps hitting us with 'BABE' all through the book and then at the end she has Stephanie just turn up at Joe's place? It's like Stephanie is loosing her moxi. Joe is being portrayed more and more like a Jersey cop while Ranger represents the path to really growing and learning not just schlepping for Vinnie for the rest of her life. Isn't that what cracking Ranger's problem was all about? Then she runs back to beer and a f**ting dog???!!! Puhleeeeze.

Wonder where she's going with Lula now that it's been established she's not just heavy, she's morbidly obese. Janet isn't one to do bring health into her writing.

Return to Top
#1209267 - 06/29/09 03:06 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
On a side note (speaking of Lula's weight) - I laughed so hard I snorted when she got stuck in the car window. Now THAT scene was getting back to the silly, slapstick writing style that made this series so popular!

Return to Top
#1209298 - 06/29/09 03:41 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Yes Becca...that was hilarious!!!! Especially when she f**ted and then could fit through the window!

I agree with you both on how quickly things were wrapped up. Anti-climatic actually but I did enjoy the book.

For the record...if Ranger goes, I go!!! wink

Return to Top
#1209346 - 06/29/09 04:18 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Sarah
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
What is Stephanie so afraid of regarding Ranger? It's not the unknown anymore so what is it? Not to mention I'll take 'Babe' over 'cupcake' anyday! The latter is so pompom squad demeaning.

Return to Top
#1209348 - 06/29/09 04:19 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
what's the name of this book?

Return to Top
#1209364 - 06/29/09 04:30 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Pale Rider
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Ummm, Pale, are you having a senior moment? Read the title of the thread!

Truff, I totally agree with you. The only thing I can think of is that Stephanie secretly desires the house with the white picket fence and she knows Ranger is not that guy. But, Joe Morelli probably is.

Return to Top
#1209370 - 06/29/09 04:43 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Sarah
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Or at least, Morelli is growing into that guy.

Return to Top
#1209371 - 06/29/09 04:43 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Sarah
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I'm ready to write the sequel. It'll be called Shake it Off! Sixteen In it, our heroine will finally rid herself of her mother's hold on her by forgoing the white picket fence and actually nab a criminal while remaining totally clean and unscathed. Meanwhile, her trusty sidekick, Lula will win 'Dance your A**' off and give Joyce a run for her spandex and spikes heeled boots. laugh What'da'ya think? Should I pitch it to Janet to co-write?

Return to Top
#1209377 - 06/29/09 04:57 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Finger Licking and Shake it... are these chicken cookbooks or something??

Return to Top
#1209378 - 06/29/09 05:02 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
I'm ready to write the sequel. It'll be called Shake it Off! Sixteen In it, our heroine will finally rid herself of her mother's hold on her by forgoing the white picket fence and actually nab a criminal while remaining totally clean and unscathed. Meanwhile, her trusty sidekick, Lula will win 'Dance your A**' off and give Joyce a run for her spandex and spikes heeled boots. laugh What'da'ya think? Should I pitch it to Janet to co-write?

First you also have to tell us what Gramda Mazur will be up to. Will she swear off funeral home cookies and open casket viewings? grin

Return to Top
#1209381 - 06/29/09 05:16 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread HRH Okie Banker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
You should go to the website and enter the contest to name the next book!

Return to Top
#1209409 - 06/29/09 05:42 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Queen Mum
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
It's awfully tempting to write a fanfiction that flips the ending. I mean....we'd all really rather have her turn up on Ranger's doorstep, right?

Return to Top
#1209414 - 06/29/09 05:43 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
there is a novel entitled "finger lickin' fifteen"?

Return to Top
#1209429 - 06/29/09 05:50 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Pale Rider
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Yep. The entire series is numbered in the titles. They start out: One for the Money, Two for the Dough, etc...

Return to Top
#1209442 - 06/29/09 05:58 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
It's awfully tempting to write a fanfiction that flips the ending. I mean....we'd all really rather have her turn up on Ranger's doorstep, right?

Oh heck yes!!! I mean, who does she turn to when she really needs help?!!

Return to Top
#1209444 - 06/29/09 06:00 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale

I was soooo hoping that Lula would hit Joyce with her tazer!

Return to Top
#1209447 - 06/29/09 06:02 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Sarah
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Finger Linckin' 15 has to do with Cluck in a Bucket and bar-b-que sauce, Pale.

Granma gets caught in the basement of the funeral parlor and eats too much of the ice cream that was on sale at Costco. She passes out in a drawer that's stuck open and nobody can find her for days until.... (you have to buy the 16thbook to find out how she's found!)

Return to Top
#1209460 - 06/29/09 06:15 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Sarah
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah
I was soooo hoping that Lula would hit Joyce with her tazer!

Me too! And is it horrible that I was disappointed when Joyce finally did get shot and it didn't even blow out an implant or something? I mean come on...Joyce has *always* been the target of malice, why did she get a serious scene?

Return to Top
#1209465 - 06/29/09 06:25 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Isn't it funny how we all know that Lula should have tazered Joyce and Steph belongs with Ranger but Janet doesn't???!!! Methinks she needs a time out to reread her own books and get these characters back on the track we want them on!

btw, did you like how a lot of supporting characters got more page time this time around? Gotta say I'm glad Steph's mom isn't out shopping the grocery isles for men for me!

Return to Top
#1209490 - 06/29/09 06:55 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
If there were to be a movie based on these books, who would you want to play the regular characters in the books?

Return to Top
#1209508 - 06/29/09 07:18 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Bagweaver
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Ooh - I'll have to try and remember to play this game from home. It's always more fun when imdb pages accompany the names. grin

Additional challenge: provide two cast lists. One using all-stars and one using little-knowns. The all-starts are always fun because everyone recognizes them and can argue about it, the little-knowns are more likely to actually be cast if anything ever comes of it. wink

Return to Top
#1209941 - 06/30/09 02:22 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I think Miss Congeniality (whoever played her) would be a great Stephanie; Queen Latifah as Lulu, and I dunno about the others.

Return to Top
#1209942 - 06/30/09 02:23 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Retired DQ
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Danny DeVito as Stephs bailbondsman

Return to Top
#1209948 - 06/30/09 02:27 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Retired DQ
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Ali Larter as Joyce

Return to Top
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11