Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Thread Options
#1244741 - 09/03/09 05:20 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
sorry Truf...altho I'm not afraid of ya! wink Actually, I misread...I read it "if you like a sweet wine you won't like this...I would try it, since it's sweeter! grin

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1244747 - 09/03/09 05:23 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Joker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Ya'll would laugh...RRBecca and I had a riding clinic to attend, so we hopped over to the liquor store next door and bought some local wine.

One was Blueberry something and one was Hahira (neighboring town) Red. laugh They were pretty good...for wine.

I like wine mixed with sprite pretty well...but Truf...I have trouble with the sulfites too (at least that's what I think cause some wine coolers really make my stomach hurt!)

Return to Top
#1244868 - 09/03/09 06:35 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Joker
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Some of the local wineries use less sulphites too.

As many on here can tell you, I am sssoooo not a drinker. Ice tea is my beverage of choice 99.9% of the time. An occasional margharita...if I were a horse you wouldn't be able to keep me in salt blocks. smirk I'm a cheap date too. Usually one and MOML starts laughing because my teeth go numb. Seriously...they do!

Return to Top
#1245188 - 09/03/09 10:58 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Truffii --- do you remember being in the islands with me??? I pretty much know all your choices in beverage... smirk Have to admit, that Muscado made a LOVELY little brunch wine in the limo.

JJ - you'll have to IM me and let me know what was on the back of that wine bottle the wannabeRanger is referring to. grin

TTFN!
grin

Return to Top
#1245202 - 09/04/09 01:41 AM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread HMS Pippii
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
And the wine survived the little fender bender better than some of us. grin

Return to Top
#1245203 - 09/04/09 01:48 AM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread HMS Pippii
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
[quote=HMS Hawkii]Truffii --- do you remember being in the islands with me??? I pretty much know all your choices in beverage... smirk That was YEARS ago! Guess you'll have to travel with me again to see if it's still true... smirk Have to admit, that Muscado made a LOVELY little brunch wine in the limo. Yup. Well worth the cost of shipping. JLJ, MB may still have the last one there. Maybe you could have it when you're presenting to her. wink

JJ - you'll have to IM me and let me know what was on the back of that wine bottle the wannabeRanger is referring to. grin ahem, that's what pm's are for!

TTFN!
grin ditto

Return to Top
#1245535 - 09/04/09 04:16 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread Truffle Royale
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale

JJ - you'll have to IM me and let me know what was on the back of that wine bottle the wannabeRanger is referring to. grin ahem, that's what pm's are for!

TTFN!
grin ditto

ditto the ditto here too! grin

Return to Top
#1247090 - 09/09/09 02:37 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread SMQ, CRCM
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I had to share this story - it's strait out of a Stephanie Plum novel:

Tenn. couple accused of assault using Cheetos
Verbal altercation escalates to involve the orange puffy snacks

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities say a Tennessee couple got into a fight using Cheetos.

The Bedford County Sheriff's Department say a 40-year-old man and 44-year-old woman became involved in a "verbal altercation." Somehow, the orange puffy snacks were used in the assault.

Deputies say they were charged with domestic assault. No one was hurt.

AP updated 4:53 a.m. CT, Sat., June 27, 2009

Return to Top
#1247098 - 09/09/09 02:41 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
ROTFLOL!!! That's hilarious... grin

Return to Top
#1247151 - 09/09/09 03:19 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Jen
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Wow. Since when does a food fight constitute domestic assault?

Return to Top
#1247159 - 09/09/09 03:28 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I know...it reminded me of the skip that she had that held up the Frito truck smile

Return to Top
#1247396 - 09/09/09 06:23 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Wow. Since when does a food fight constitute domestic assault?

doesn't surprise me in today's "legal" environment. Probably the same clan that consider's legitimately spanking a child, child abuse.

Return to Top
#1249445 - 09/14/09 01:31 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread RR Joker
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I'll read the entire thread at home tonite but had to put in my 2 cents worth on this book.
First- I've loved all of the Stephanie Plum books- I would actually laugh out loud reading those books.
I don't know if I was really disappointed in Finger Lickin Fifteen or if things happening with my life and family the last months have made me so depressed that I can't laugh at much of anything. I will re-read it this winter to see if it is any better.
A couple of things I did not like: the word Babe all the time with Ranger guy. That got old so fast. And for the record I love Morelli more than I love Ranger. If I was Plum I'd go for Morelli rather than the one word babe Ranger.
The book seemed to go on and on in a mundane sort of way and then voila it picked up the last 10 pages or so fast and furious. I was beginning to think that there was going to be a Part 2 because I couldn't believe everything was going to be taken care of in the last 10 or so pages.
Personally, my biggest "hate" word of the English language is the word "[censored]"- I can't stand it and I can't stand reading the word- I thought it was used so much in the book I really did not care for those parts.
The two times I actually laughed out loud- and these were the only two- was the red paint that got dumped on Stephanie when she went with Ranger to bring someone in. The other time was when she was in the hot dog custome and fell down and couldn't get up. That was hilarious.
Don't get me wrong- I like Ranger a lot I just tired of the babe word and him always trying or implying getting her into his bed. Anyhow, I'm a Morelli kind of lady.

The censored word is F a R t
Last edited by pjs; 09/14/09 01:32 PM. Reason: to explain the word golly gee
Return to Top
#1249482 - 09/14/09 02:18 PM Re: Official "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" spoiler thread pjs
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Since I am only on book 14 - I am skipping your post for now wink

I started reading and went - nooooooo.

I have been waiting a month and 14 days to read this book (I started book 1, the beginning of August).

Return to Top
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11