BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#124683 - 10/23/03 01:43 PM Va. Tech vs. WVU
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
I arrived home last night around 10pm and turned on ESPN. To my delight, the score of the Va. Tech-WVU game was 28-7, WVU. WVU won the game by the same score. Being a UGA fan, this is good news for my team, but I have the following things to say:

To the ACC: Are you feeling nervous yet about inviting VT into the conference? This colossal crash has happened for the past three years to Va. Tech. If this happens to them in the Big East, what's going to happen to them in the suddenly more competitive ACC?

To Georgia head coach Mark Richt: Please obtain the game tape of the aforementioned Va. Tech-WVU game. Please show this tape to the Bulldog players before Saturday's game.

To UGA players: PLEASE take every game seriously! Lose one game, and you can forget ANY chance of playing OU (gulp ) in New Orleans.

To Miami: I hope you get blown out by Va. Tech in Blacksburg.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#124684 - 10/23/03 02:28 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
I'm a Dawg myself, & Richt must be kicking himself for letting LSU beat them. If only....
I think even if we win out, Miami would have to lose twice for us to have shot. I did love that game last night, it should have been 35-0!!

Return to Top
#124685 - 10/23/03 02:53 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Maybe, but I think that if Miami loses even once, we can be in. Nothing is final yet. Like you, I sure would like to have that LSU game back. That's why I am hoping we'll see them again in December. I think we lost the September game because we blew scoring chances. I think another crack at them will reveal that UGA is the better team. We could also face Auburn twice. They have always been a dangerous team to play. That's why I'll be watching the Auburn-LSU game this weekend. I was at the USC-LSU game last weekend, and LSU looked really good. Actually, I don't ever recall seeing LSU play defense . In any case, we have to worry about the opponent in front of us. I think that's why Va. Tech lost last night. They were worried about Miami. What do you think will happen to Frank Beamer?

Return to Top
#124686 - 10/23/03 03:43 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

To Miami: I hope you get blown out by Va. Tech in Blacksburg.

AMEN!!!

Return to Top
#124687 - 10/23/03 04:01 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
So, Boomermom, please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to ask. Are OU fans at all nervous about facing Ok. State later on? They have been the thorn in your side the past couple of years. Personally, I don't think you have a thing to worry about. The way OU is playing, it may not even be a contest. But we'll see. The rivalry games at the end of the year have a way of changing things.

Return to Top
#124688 - 10/23/03 05:21 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I can't speak for all OU fans, but I get nervous at the beginning of EVERY game. When Texas tied up the game in the first quarter I started sweating it. I was worried about us all last week in the second half.

Yes, O ESS WHO always worries us. It doesn't make any difference how good or bad one of the teams is, the game is always big. Bragging rights are on the line. Usually it is the last game of the season and OU has everything to lose and OSU - well - win or lose won't make much difference in their season. This year there are still several games to go and hopefully they will be more ready and not worn down. It's too easy to be complacent when playing OSU, but I hope they have learned their lesson.

Return to Top
#124689 - 10/23/03 05:23 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Z - where were your predictions or rankings at the beginning of the week? I missed them.

Return to Top
#124690 - 10/23/03 06:07 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
I missed Z's predicitons as well. They make more sense than the other polls. Of course, last year's UGA-GT game was a colossal blowout in favor of the Dawgs, but I think GT will be a little tougher this year. They beat NC State, Auburn, and took FSU the distance. Another game that is always good is the USC-Clemson rivalry. This year is the 100th game, I believe. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched, and I think that there is going to be a huge collision in Williams-Brice Stadium come November.

Return to Top
#124691 - 10/23/03 06:12 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
Quote:

...and OSU - well - win or lose won't make much difference in their season.

Maybe not to you, but it will to many an OSU fan.

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
#124692 - 10/23/03 06:29 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Sorry, I did not have time for my poll this week, but I will see if we can do something this week. I guess my Horns losing to OU took the wind out of my sails--I was hoping they would crack the top 10 with a win or a close loss to OU.

Return to Top
#124693 - 10/23/03 06:34 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Sorry, J. Bruce, I didn't mean anything personal. I work with so many OSU fans that remarks like that are just automatic. We really give it to each other. OSU has a very good team and is nothing to laugh at. And yes, I always yell for OSU except when they are playing OU, unlike a lot of my OSU friends! It's a great year for our state schools. Even my Alma Mater, NWOSU, has had a great run. They have been National Champions and Runner-Up two of the last 3 years. They have only lost one game this year and are making another good run. Lynn Scott with the Dallas Cowboys is one of their graduates. So we have a lot to be proud of in this great state!

Return to Top
#124694 - 10/23/03 06:53 PM Re: Va. Tech vs. WVU
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
Boomermom,

No personal offense taken (I figured it was said in jest, and I like a little friendly sparing). Had I taken offense I probably would have mentioned OSU's recent success against OU (last 5 of 8 games). But I wouldn't do that. Oops, just did. Sorry. (Also, like you I root for both OU and OSU 'till they play each other). Go Sooners and Pokes.

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top