Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1248620 - 09/11/09 02:02 PM Escrow newbie question
Frank Offline
100 Club
Central Arkansas
On the initial escrow statement, 3500.17 (h)(2) says you can incorporate it into the HUD.

Does this mean that Lines 1000-1008 would suffice for the statement or is it meaning that you could incorporate the format of an initial escrow statement (as given in the HUD public guidance documents)as additional information to the HUD.

If I look at it the second way, what it says to me is that I would just attach a sheet of paper to the HUD-1 in the format HUD gives as an example in its public guidance.

I don't know diddly about escrow, but I guess I'm going to learn.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1248708 - 09/11/09 03:07 PM Re: Escrow newbie question Frank
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
No.

(g) Initial escrow account statement. (1) Submission at settlement, or within 45 calendar days of settlement. As noted in Sec. 3500.17(c)(2), the servicer shall conduct an escrow account analysis before establishing an escrow account to determine the amount the borrower shall deposit into the escrow account, subject to the limitations of Sec. 3500.17(c)(1)(i). After conducting the escrow account analysis for each escrow account, the servicer shall submit an initial escrow account statement to the borrower at settlement or within 45 calendar days of settlement for escrow accounts that are established as a condition of the loan.
(i) The initial escrow account statement shall include the amount of the borrower's monthly mortgage payment and the portion of the monthly payment going into the escrow account and shall itemize the estimated taxes, insurance premiums, and other charges that the servicer reasonably anticipates to be paid from the escrow account during the escrow account computation year and the anticipated disbursement dates of those charges. The initial escrow account statement shall indicate the amount that the servicer selects as a cushion. The statement shall include a trial running balance for the account.

Return to Top
#1248712 - 09/11/09 03:09 PM Re: Escrow newbie question CompDat
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Sorry to further clarify, I believe you can give the initial statement at closing or with the HUD, but lines 1000-1008 do not qualify as an initial flood statement.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z