Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1252464 - 09/17/09 08:56 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
You know - I see I didn't post the results of the Bloodhound search. They tracked Elliott to an area about 2 blocks away and specifically indicated about 3 houses.

The gal took me around to show me the areas, and one of the houses the hounds indicated is the one where the guy called me that he had seen Elliott.

He does trap-neuter-release, so he's been baiting a trap every night to see if we can catch Elliott. No luck so far.

My fear is that he may have been caught by a coyote and we may never know.

Return to Top
#1252469 - 09/17/09 09:00 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Sorry you don't KNOW anythign yet frown That would be worse for me then knowing he was dead and getting over it.

I let me cat out during the day sometimes when I am hoem and he stays in the yard, btu he finally figured otu the 2-door doggie door and had a chance to roam to the end of the street. I keep a bell on him so I can hear him when I can't see him, and I called and shook his food and didn't hear anything. He came back 15 minutes after I called him. This weekend, I secured the dog run so he can no longer jump out. Crazy thign is, another cat somehow got in the dog run and then couldn't get out. When Boeign went out to pee, thsi cat went nuts! He got the motivation he needed to magically fly out when I got the hose grin

And all week, Rocco has stayed home. Just doign whatever I can to make sure I'm nto in the same boat as others who've lost a cat.

Return to Top
#1252499 - 09/17/09 09:20 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Dip
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Elliot is beautiful! Sending my thoughts and prayers your direction for the safe return of your daughter's beloved cat.

Return to Top
#1252580 - 09/18/09 10:40 AM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Sounds like no news is good news in this case Bonnie. Stay hopeful! smile

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1253421 - 09/19/09 04:15 AM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Tigg
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Aaaww.. Elliot IS beautiful. Still hoping the handsome guy is found!

Return to Top
#1253517 - 09/21/09 01:35 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Sorry to hear that he hasn't been found yet. frown

Return to Top
#1253643 - 09/21/09 03:17 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Retired DQ
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Thank you everyone. Another weekend and no Elliott. I pray that he's not suffering somewhere. It's the not knowing that's really tough.

Return to Top
#1260361 - 10/01/09 08:01 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
another tactic to try - I think there's a new program - FindToto.com - that for a fee will phone everyone within a given radius with a description of Elliott.
https://www.findtoto.com/finding-missing-pets.html

You probably did the equivalent and more....hope it all works out -

Return to Top
#1260491 - 10/01/09 09:49 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Phoenix
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Curious--how does FindToto work with the do not call lists???

Return to Top
#1260554 - 10/02/09 09:51 AM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Dip
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Any news, Bonnie?

Return to Top
#1261330 - 10/02/09 10:16 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Retired DQ
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
No news - frown

I didn't do the FindTo calls, but I did send out the Pet Harbor postcards to about 1000 addresses. I got a call from a neighbor that thought they had seen Elliott, but it turned out not to be him. I also got calls from people who had lost their cat - they didn't have any news to tell me - just that their cat had also been lost.

I've been taking my dog on walks to see if she can pick up Elliott's scent. And then I see my creepy next door neighbor watching me though his front window.

If I find out he had ANYTHING to do with Elliott's disappearence - so help me..... Between his nasty threatening letters (that he send via Certified Mail no less) and what I suspect about his past - it would not shock me to learn he harmed the cat.

Return to Top
#1261483 - 10/05/09 01:12 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
!

What's the deal with the neighbor?

Return to Top
#1262600 - 10/06/09 09:34 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Originally Posted By: Princess Rooney
No news - frown

I didn't do the FindTo calls, but I did send out the Pet Harbor postcards to about 1000 addresses. I got a call from a neighbor that thought they had seen Elliott, but it turned out not to be him. I also got calls from people who had lost their cat - they didn't have any news to tell me - just that their cat had also been lost.

I've been taking my dog on walks to see if she can pick up Elliott's scent. And then I see my creepy next door neighbor watching me though his front window.

If I find out he had ANYTHING to do with Elliott's disappearence - so help me..... Between his nasty threatening letters (that he send via Certified Mail no less) and what I suspect about his past - it would not shock me to learn he harmed the cat.

Threating letters via certified mail.... is that legal?

Return to Top
#1262699 - 10/07/09 04:24 AM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Search_Me
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
He threatens to sue us and take away our house if he wins. The man is a real piece of work and seems to absolutely hate my dog and our family. **sigh** There's always one in a neighborhood.

Creepily enough, his first certified letter was sent 2 months prior to our first two dogs disappearing, and I have him on videotape sticking his head above the side fence separating our yards and yelling at our dogs.

I did a search on his name and came across a news story from 15 years ago of a man with his exact same name (first, middle and last) and the right age - who kidnapped his 2 year old son from his ex-wife and took him to Iraq. The FBI and a private security company got involved in retrieving the boy by tricking th man to travel to London for a meeting. I am looking into how much it would cost to hire an investigator see if this man and my neighbor are the same person. In story, the ex-wife discussed the increasingly violent tendencies and anti-American tirades of her ex-husband.

It's really a long saga, but rest assured, I have all of his letters and notes filed away and scanned copies backed up. I am now looking for an inexpensive video system that will record to a DVR drive because I suspect he has tampered with the gates to our backyard.

Return to Top
#1262703 - 10/07/09 10:40 AM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
^^^ that's just scarey! eek

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1262730 - 10/07/09 01:04 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
He threatens to sue us and take away our house if he wins. The man is a real piece of work and seems to absolutely hate my dog and our family. **sigh** There's always one in a neighborhood.

Creepily enough, his first certified letter was sent 2 months prior to our first two dogs disappearing, and I have him on videotape sticking his head above the side fence separating our yards and yelling at our dogs.

I did a search on his name and came across a news story from 15 years ago of a man with his exact same name (first, middle and last) and the right age - who kidnapped his 2 year old son from his ex-wife and took him to Iraq. The FBI and a private security company got involved in retrieving the boy by tricking th man to travel to London for a meeting. I am looking into how much it would cost to hire an investigator see if this man and my neighbor are the same person. In story, the ex-wife discussed the increasingly violent tendencies and anti-American tirades of her ex-husband.

It's really a long saga, but rest assured, I have all of his letters and notes filed away and scanned copies backed up. I am now looking for an inexpensive video system that will record to a DVR drive because I suspect he has tampered with the gates to our backyard.

Holy cow, and I thought my neighbors who won't clean up their back yard were bad!

Return to Top
#1262781 - 10/07/09 01:51 PM Re: Lost cat - need some positive thoughts Princess Romeo
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I am now looking for an inexpensive video system that will record to a DVR drive because I suspect he has tampered with the gates to our backyard.

Try Security Cameras Direct I have used them and was very happy with the price and service.

By the way, depending on what state you live in criminal cases could be available free on the Internet. I know in PA I can look them up for free with just a first and last name.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett