Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1248397 - 09/10/09 08:55 PM Internal Monitoring Schedule
Asher1013 Offline

Would anyone be willing to share a sample of their internal monitoring schedule with me? Or has a general one for overview?

Also - does anyone have Regulation review checklists they use annually?

I have gone from a large holding company bank with a team for compliance - in which all departments were separated and handled individual issues exclusively - to a smaller bank with only just me as the compliance officer.

Any help you could offer would be appreciated. I have been searching online, but so far have had little luck.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#1248856 - 09/11/09 04:45 PM Re: Internal Monitoring Schedule Asher1013
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
I'll take a stab at this since you have no responses.

For checklists, I use what's in the FDIC compliance exam handbook.

As far as the internal monitoring schedule goes, there are some things we monitor regularly. Excessive withdrawals for Regulation D comes to mind. There are other things that we periodically do an in-depth review on, such as RESPA or Reg Z. The frequency and order in which these are done are driven by our risk assessment.

Return to Top
#1248876 - 09/11/09 04:51 PM Re: Internal Monitoring Schedule Bullseye
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
Originally Posted By: Bullseye

For checklists, I use what's in the FDIC compliance exam handbook.

As far as the internal monitoring schedule goes, there are some things we monitor regularly. Excessive withdrawals for Regulation D comes to mind. There are other things that we periodically do an in-depth review on, such as RESPA or Reg Z. The frequency and order in which these are done are driven by our risk assessment.

DITTO what Bullseye said.

Since you are new, you should start by reading the prior Exams to get an idea of where the higher risk areas are & make sure the findings have been adequately addressed.
That should help to update your Risk Assmt (hopefully there is already one there), and let it determine how frequently you Audit / Self Check an area.
Also you should have some ongoing controls, that are owned by the other departments (ie credit admin, and operations or new accts). They might monitor some of their own areas on an ongoing basis, ie CIP, Excessive IMMA, etc.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z