BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Thread Options
#1250750 - 09/16/09 12:47 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
No loss, but no gain either. Got to make sure I'm getting the fluids and have got to start exercising!

Return to Top
#1250758 - 09/16/09 12:55 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Good Job Tigg!
Welcome back P.B. great start back
Don't me discouraged Kitten, it'll start coming off

As for me, another one pound last night Yeah. My ww center is participating in the "lose for life" program so I brought in 4 pounds of food for the food bank representing the 4 pounds my husband and I lost over the last two weeks, him 2 per week, me 1 per week (just like a man to lose more smile

Return to Top
#1250816 - 09/16/09 01:41 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge EllenA
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I misunderstood the way we were doing this. I thought this week we started telling our weight (weigh in).

I weighed myself this morning and was 266.5

Based on the last time I recall weighing myself that is a 2lb gain. Considering the food consumption from Sundays Grand parents day dinner (ham, potatoes, corn, apple pie) I did OK. I have been walking and running and bike riding longer to try and burn that off.

Return to Top
#1250856 - 09/16/09 02:15 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Dang. Tigg beat me by .5 lb. I'm down 2. Pleased with that because I was sick most of last week. Thought chicken soup and no exercise might have added some weight.

Right now I'm living on tomatoes from the garden and cottage cheese sprinkled with dill. More veggies, a few crackers and a banana get me through the day.

Being much more conscious about making dinners. But it's hard when you have to meet the nutritional needs, not to mention picky eater choices, of five other people from 12 to 82!

Got the new Food Network TV magazine. Chock full of recipes. We decided to add one new recipe a week to the menu planning.

Keep up the good work, all! And thanks for the suport and encouragement.

Return to Top
#1250880 - 09/16/09 02:34 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Truffle Royale
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Truff - I love the idea of cottage cheese w/dill. Sounds yummy!

I like to mix in cucumber with cottage cheese, and the dill would go well with that also.

DD - that may not have been a very health conscious meal ----- but it sounds great!

Return to Top
#1250940 - 09/16/09 03:03 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Snow Bunny
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I have cottage cheese for lunch most days. Not a big fan of dill, but I might try to find something else to add for a different flavor. No loss, but no gain this week. I guess walking to the church festival wore off all of the great food.

Return to Top
#1250964 - 09/16/09 03:13 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Snow Bunny
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: P.B.
Truff - I love the idea of cottage cheese w/dill. Sounds yummy!

I like to mix in cucumber with cottage cheese, and the dill would go well with that also.

DD - that may not have been a very health conscious meal ----- but it sounds great!

I forgot, there also was fresh green beans, devil'd eggs, rolls, apple sauce cake, peanut butter cookies, and rolls.

Everything was off my parents farm but the rolls and ham and the peanut butter (but the cookies were home made).
Last edited by DD Regs; 09/16/09 03:13 PM.

Return to Top
#1250995 - 09/16/09 03:27 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
theskyglows Offline
New Poster
City of Angels
Good morning everyone!

My weight as of today, 9/16, for the BOL BLC is 148.5. When I first started to live and eat a better health style in July, I weighed in at 156. So, counting from that I have lost 7.5 lbs.

These past two days I haven't had the time to exercise so I gained a pound, but lost it by eating well. However, today I am going to exercise for sure.

Great job to everyone who has made a loss!

Return to Top
#1251000 - 09/16/09 03:29 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
theskyglows Offline
New Poster
City of Angels
DD, I love bike riding. It's one of my fave forms of exercise because it's not as boring as being in a gym. Keep at it, you can do it. smile

Originally Posted By: DD Regs
I misunderstood the way we were doing this. I thought this week we started telling our weight (weigh in).

I weighed myself this morning and was 266.5

Based on the last time I recall weighing myself that is a 2lb gain. Considering the food consumption from Sundays Grand parents day dinner (ham, potatoes, corn, apple pie) I did OK. I have been walking and running and bike riding longer to try and burn that off.

Return to Top
#1251090 - 09/16/09 04:02 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge theskyglows
QueenBB Offline
100 Club
TX
I'm at 164.9 this morning. That's only .3 from last week; BUT I just spent a week in Hawaii so didn't eat according to my WW plan. I had plenty of fruits, but they just don't eat too many vegetables there - mostly fruit, rice and fish. I LOVED IT!

Return to Top
#1251111 - 09/16/09 04:10 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QueenBB
theskyglows Offline
New Poster
City of Angels
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, QueenBB! What island were you vacationing at? I plan to take a trip to Maui next spring, it will be my first time there.

Originally Posted By: QueenBB
I'm at 164.9 this morning. That's only .3 from last week; BUT I just spent a week in Hawaii so didn't eat according to my WW plan. I had plenty of fruits, but they just don't eat too many vegetables there - mostly fruit, rice and fish. I LOVED IT!

Return to Top
#1251159 - 09/16/09 04:39 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge theskyglows
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Perhaps I misunderstod but I'm not going to be posting my actual weight in this thread, just how much I lost. I think anyone who doesn't want to post the number can just post the loss/gain, right? I'll be on the "honor system", and I promise not to cheat. smile On an annual basis, or as extenuating circumstances dictate, an audit of the documentation will be performed by an independent external auditor, known as my physician. laugh

I will weigh in "officially" tonight at my WW meeting, but according to my bathroom scale (which is calibrated to be the same as the WW scale), I am down 1.5 pounds from last Wednesday. Hooray!

Congrats to everyone who lost, maintained, or recommitted to trying harder this week! Persistence is our watchword!!!

Return to Top
#1251212 - 09/16/09 05:16 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge BurntSienna
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Goldenrod - you absolutely DO NOT have to post your actual weight here. (I'm not! No way, No how! laugh ) Just your weight change, and we'll celebrate that.

Contrats to everyone this week!! smile

Return to Top
#1251230 - 09/16/09 05:34 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge kitten
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
btw, thanks to JLJ for the link to Fit Day. It's really helped me keep track of what I'm eating, doing and feeling. And it's FREE!

Return to Top
#1251240 - 09/16/09 05:39 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Truffle Royale
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'll have to check that out from home.

Return to Top
#1251658 - 09/16/09 09:16 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Skittles
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I am in. Is that OK?

I need to lose 62 pounds from where I am at today. I was down 17, then I stopped keeping track, and then some crept back up. The only way is going to be to make a change that I can live with. No tricks. No gimicks. Just hard work and calorie counting. (I'm an auditor, I'm good with math smile ) I have a program on my ipod touch. I just need to stay under calories for my budget. Easy right? wink I can't believe that I have already eaten 1003 calories today. Carp wink

Can't wait to weigh in next week.

Return to Top
#1251680 - 09/16/09 09:43 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QCL
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Forgot to weigh-in this morning so will do it tomorrow. Hoping for no up/no down this week, I know what I ate cry smirk

Return to Top
#1251706 - 09/16/09 10:53 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge corkygirl
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Just now joining - weighed myself this morning, hopefully I will have a good weigh in next week! I want to lose 20 lbs, but my first goal is 10 lbs, I think I'll do better with smaller steps ... I'm an instant gratification kind of gal!
I ordered a wedding dress this week, so now I have a really good reason to lose weight!
Good luck to everyone!

Return to Top
#1251723 - 09/16/09 11:57 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
A wedding dress? How wonderful! Congratulations - and we're all behind you, StarryNight! smile

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1251741 - 09/17/09 01:42 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Tigg
A wedding dress? How wonderful! Congratulations - and we're all behind you, StarryNight! smile
Or in front of you pulling if you start to backslide. And congrats from me too!

Return to Top
#1251745 - 09/17/09 02:37 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge RR Jen
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: RR JLJ
I use fitday.com right now and like it for the most part. I've also used www.my-calorie-counter.com and my sister really likes The Daily Plate on Livestrong.com ...just to give you a few other options. They're all FREE...no need IMO to pay for the 'premium' features.
can you access any of these from a cell phone or upload them to an IPOD? If not, do you know of a similar plan that does? (gran needs to know. I stick to the plain ol' computer.) Thanks!

Return to Top
#1251778 - 09/17/09 11:47 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Truffle Royale
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
welcome to the newbies! we have no sign-up deadline, so you are more than welcome. smile

hey, liver lips, which program do you have on your touch to keep track? i am interested, and i bet some others would be as well.

thanks! and good luck to you. smile

Return to Top
#1251792 - 09/17/09 12:18 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge kitten
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm an down 4/10 of a pound this week for a total of 14.6. I'm super psyched and 65% to my goal. QCL - I did it exactly how you plan to - changing eating habits, eating smart, etc. It's been a long, slow process - started early May. I'm so excited. This has been one of the best, most positive changes I've ever made. This being said - there are 4 of us here that are doing this. We are charting and know what each other weighs. It has also helped tremendously - and I have the full support of my husband.

BTW - congrats StarryNight.

Return to Top
#1251806 - 09/17/09 12:40 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Skittles
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm finding that as I change what I eat, I don't even like the junk stuff anymore. I had a fast food burger with my parents last night and could barely eat half of it - it was just gross. Same with chips, etc. at the house...my hubby loves that kind of stuff and eats it by the barrel (he's also really thin and works hard outside all day), but just watching him eat it is enough to make me mildly nauseous anymore.

Of course, anything chocolate, baked goods, and other 'real' desserts will always be an exception. You can keep the chips and grease just don't take away my cheesecake!

Return to Top
#1251947 - 09/17/09 02:20 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Truffle Royale
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Originally Posted By: RR JLJ
I use fitday.com right now and like it for the most part. I've also used www.my-calorie-counter.com and my sister really likes The Daily Plate on Livestrong.com ...just to give you a few other options. They're all FREE...no need IMO to pay for the 'premium' features.
can you access any of these from a cell phone or upload them to an IPOD? If not, do you know of a similar plan that does? (gran needs to know. I stick to the plain ol' computer.) Thanks!

I havent tried to access my log from my crackberry, but I do look stuff up on The Daily Plate a lot. It's super easy!

Return to Top
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett