Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1253659 - 09/21/09 03:29 PM APOR Table
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
This probably an ignorant question but.....

I thought that the APOR was a new calculation/table. Yet when I click the link from the FFIEC calculator, the actual table includes rates going back to the year 2000.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1254276 - 09/22/09 01:05 PM Re: APOR Table swiggles
WHEDA Offline
100 Club
WHEDA
Wisconsin
A survey of mortgage rates conducted by Freddie Mac will serve as the base test for what is classified as higher-priced. The Primary Mortgage Market Survey (PMMS) will be published weekly on the FFIEC web site, and include two versions, one for variable-rate loans and one for fixed-rate loans.

The regulation calls for the comparison of a loan's APR to an "average prime offer rate," or APOR. Freddie Mac's PMMS will act as the APOR. The reporting threshold will be set at 1.5 percent above comparable terms reported on the PMMS for first-lien loans, and 3.5 percent for subordinate lien loans.

You will find the entire summary of the Reg C changes at -
http://www.bankersonline.com/compliance/regc20081024.html

Return to Top
#1254327 - 09/22/09 01:39 PM Re: APOR Table WHEDA
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
I thought that the APOR was a new calculation/table. Yet when I click the link from the FFIEC calculator, the actual table includes rates going back to the year 2000.

It is a new calculation in that we have to now calculate the rate spread based on this table instead of the Constant Maturities, however Freddie has been publishing this table for quite some time.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z