Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
Thread Options
#1251963 - 09/17/09 02:31 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QCL
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver
I am in. Is that OK?
Hey, Liver! Welcome aboard. I have a program on my ipod touch. That's what my Ana has. What program are you using? She was so thrilled with Fit Day because it lists synchronized swimming as an activity so she can get a good calorie burned count there. Wish I'd had tools like this available when I was her age. Heck, I might have been a super model! eek laugh

Return to Top
#1252019 - 09/17/09 03:16 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Truffle Royale
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
The program on the ipod is called Lose it! But I like the Fit Day too.

When I was a teen I was a stick, when I was in HS I was still a stick. And still I hated myself. I love me now more than I did then, but want to get my body back.

Return to Top
#1252212 - 09/17/09 05:53 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QCL
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Ok, weighed in this morning and I stayed the same so I'm pleased. Jen has been my "personal nag" to help me stick to my 3 times a week on the stationary bike and I am so grateful - - a little sore but grateful.

I find that I really have to track what I eat each day. If I don't I end up "grazing" - a bit here, a nibble there and it adds up too fast. I am trying to remember what I heard at WW "if you bite it - write it, if you drink it - ink it". I have 2 lbs to get to my original goal but would love to get another 5 off after that for a total of 26 lbs gone. I would weight what I did before the breast cancer - - that would feel good.

Return to Top
#1252253 - 09/17/09 06:28 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge corkygirl
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I haven't weighed in, but I had to report this new milestone...I ran a mile today! I've been walking between 3 and 4 miles every day for the past couple weeks, but I was running behind today, so I decided to speed it up a little and ran part of it. I finished a mile!! Woo Hoo! I've NEVER been a runner. Hate running, in fact, but I did it! That's a big step for me, so I thought I'd share.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Return to Top
#1252261 - 09/17/09 06:34 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge theskyglows
QueenBB Offline
100 Club
TX
theskyglows - I was on The Big Island (Hawaii). I have also visited Maui and Kawai, but we wanted to see the volcano. My favorite is Maui. Be sure to eat at Momma's Fish House while you are there. It's wonderful! Also go to Iao (the needle) and visit the botanical garden and nursery at the bottom. It is absolutely breathtaking. If you can save the bucks to do so - take a helicopter tour of the island. That is the ONLY way to see some of those sites, including waterfalls. We usually take the Blue Hawaiian tours. Have fun!!!

Return to Top
#1252283 - 09/17/09 06:49 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Originally Posted By: Tigg
A wedding dress? How wonderful! Congratulations - and we're all behind you, StarryNight! smile

Thanks Tigg! I have 4 months until the dress gets here (wonder why it takes so long?) so I hope that when I go in for my first fitting it won't fit - in a good way! smile

Return to Top
#1252285 - 09/17/09 06:50 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QueenBB
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
WOOT!!!! for busy bee!! that's fantastic!! congratulations.

Return to Top
#1252289 - 09/17/09 06:52 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Truffle Royale
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Originally Posted By: Tigg
A wedding dress? How wonderful! Congratulations - and we're all behind you, StarryNight! smile
Or in front of you pulling if you start to backslide. And congrats from me too!

Ha ha, thanks TR smile

Return to Top
#1252524 - 09/17/09 09:44 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Congrats to all that have lost, maintained and who are making new committments!

I have my weigh in tonite... so I'll pop in tomorrow with my results.

FWIW... Over the Moon FF Milk is yummy... this coming from an individual who HATES milk with a passion!

Can't recall who was talking about chips... but if you like sweet potatoes I have an awesome reciepe from WW.... Baked sweet potato chips... if ya like... I'll share! It's so yummy!

Return to Top
#1252563 - 09/18/09 01:47 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Search_Me
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Great news....

down another 3.4 pounds this week.

Yay!

Tried another new WW receipe tonite... Tangy BBQ Pitas - 6 points per serving. Mmmm.... good!

Return to Top
#1252582 - 09/18/09 10:50 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Search_Me
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
wOOts for Busy Bee and Search_Me!! Great job Ladies!

And corkster - no gain is great too! smile

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1252642 - 09/18/09 01:26 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
Nancyod Offline
New England
I forgot to post on Wednesday, but I'm down 1 lb this week.

Return to Top
#1253473 - 09/20/09 10:13 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Nancyod
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
What have I done? cry

I promised my hubby his first apple pie of the season. It's in the oven now and the smell is making me crazy !!! Help!!

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1253475 - 09/21/09 12:42 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Tigg, have a small piece. It won't throw you over the edge. If you don't have any you'll drive yourself bugnuts.

My good news? I had to go out today and buy a new pair of black pants A SIZE SMALLER!!!!

Return to Top
#1253481 - 09/21/09 10:33 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Truffle Royale
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
I had an itty bitty piece. smile

And Congratulations on you smaller pants size Truff! wOOts!!

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1253485 - 09/21/09 12:30 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Tigg - eat the filling and not the crust. That will keep the calorie level down quite a bit.

Return to Top
#1254175 - 09/21/09 10:48 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Snow Bunny
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
hi everyone! i'm popping in to see how everyone is doing this week? i'm proud to say i have been exercising - 3 days this week (thurs, sat, mon).

go me! smile

Return to Top
#1254176 - 09/21/09 10:50 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge kitten
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I admit it...I didn't really exercise (much) in the last couple of weeks so I haven't lost any more.

Cycled today at lunch though, time to get back on track!

Go Kit! Go Kit!
Last edited by Boatn Shasta; 09/21/09 10:51 PM.

Return to Top
#1254183 - 09/21/09 10:59 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge bOaty
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I'm really motivated again. I ended up joining a gym Friday because it's too dark to go walk at 4:30 in the morning! So, I've been every day since I joined. I'm doing 60 minutes of cardio 4 days/week and then the other 3 I'm doing 45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of resistance training. I've finally reached that point where I'm sick of the unhealthy lifestyle I was living. I wasted enough years!

I really need to focus on my eating now that the exercise is under control. I'm making good choices, but I know my calorie intake is too low, especially with the amount of exercise I'm doing.

Good job to everyone else here too! This has been good for me & I hope everyone else is getting great motivation!

Return to Top
#1254187 - 09/21/09 11:14 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Busy Bee, CRCM
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
I have done good and bad! We went camping this weekend and I think know I had too much junk food and beer! But I did exersize and am shopping for a treadmill so I can still exersize in the winter months. We don't have a gym in our town, pretty small and rural.
I think this thread will help me keep motivated!

Return to Top
#1254188 - 09/21/09 11:18 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Search_Me
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Originally Posted By: Search_Me
Can't recall who was talking about chips... but if you like sweet potatoes I have an awesome reciepe from WW.... Baked sweet potato chips... if ya like... I'll share! It's so yummy!

It wasn't me, but I'd love to hear the recipe, sounds great! Hope your weigh in goes well tonight!

Return to Top
#1254221 - 09/22/09 11:33 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
last chance workout/eating today! smile

since some of you weigh in tonight, today is your last chance to eat well. for you who are weighing in in the morning, you have time to do your last chance workout.

THINK THIN THOUGHTS!! smile

Return to Top
#1254222 - 09/22/09 11:35 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge kitten
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
::taps head in winnie-the-pooh motion::

::think, think, think, think::

grin

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1254442 - 09/22/09 02:52 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Tigg
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
With 2 sick dogs I haven't had much time to exercise this week, but have been able to resist the temptation to pick up fast food. The good news - so far the scale is down for the week!

Return to Top
#1254948 - 09/22/09 08:57 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Busy Bee, CRCM
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee
I'm really motivated again. I ended up joining a gym Friday because it's too dark to go walk at 4:30 in the morning! So, I've been every day since I joined. I'm doing 60 minutes of cardio 4 days/week and then the other 3 I'm doing 45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of resistance training. I've finally reached that point where I'm sick of the unhealthy lifestyle I was living. I wasted enough years!

I really need to focus on my eating now that the exercise is under control. I'm making good choices, but I know my calorie intake is too low, especially with the amount of exercise I'm doing.

Good job to everyone else here too! This has been good for me & I hope everyone else is getting great motivation!

As a starting point you can use this calorie calculator http://www.marathonguide.com/fitnesscalcs/Caloricneeds.cfm
It will give you what you need to maintain, or you can substract for weight loss. It also gives you a break down of composotion of calories. Don't let the fact that it comes from a marathon web site throw you. It works for any type of exercise program. Good Luck!

Return to Top
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett