Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#125581 - 10/31/03 08:51 PM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I-You can see why I enjoyed the SEC most in the 70's. What total dominance by the Tide.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#125582 - 10/31/03 09:00 PM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Yes, that's true. The Tide have a glorious history. I am sorry to see that they have had problems of late. Even though we beat them this year, I was pulling hard for them last Saturday against UT. I had ulterior motives, though. One, I can't stand UT, and two, that would have broken up that logjam in the East. Now, though, that logjam may actually benefit UGA, depending on the outcome of this weekend's game.

So, Bartman, who are you pulling for in Michigan vs. Michigan State? I like MSU, they are a great team, but I gotta say that I think that Michigan is the better team. I just hope they beat OSU this year.

Ok, I can't resist, what's the difference between a Gator and a carp?

Return to Top
#125583 - 10/31/03 09:08 PM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Mich. State has a great team this season, but their secondary is suspect. They gave Minnesota too much cushion and almost blew the game. They'll put up a bunch of points, but they can't outlast Michigan. (And heaven help them if they kick to Steve Breaston...)

I have good friends (and even relatives) that attended both schools, but whenever this game is played, I come down on the Michigan side. My wife was in the marching band in 86 & 87 - that was the experience that converted me from casual observer to huge fan. Go Blue!

Return to Top
#125584 - 10/31/03 09:28 PM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Got to keep the wife happy. By the way, the difference between a Gator and a carp? One is a bottom feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish. GO DAWGS!

Return to Top
#125585 - 10/31/03 09:37 PM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
You can't imagine the anguish of being a Dawg fan in Gainesville today!! Of course, if we lose, Monday will be no peach either! Everybody is in head to toe Orange & Blue. My Red & Black sticks out like salt in the pepper shaker!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEASE let the DAwgs win.

Return to Top
#125586 - 10/31/03 09:49 PM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I know how you feel. Since tomorrow is Bedlam, we are dressed in your favorite teams colors today. I am in an office just down the hall from our President. There are 4 out of 6 of us on this side today. I am the only one in crimson and cream. Everyone else dressed in Orange and Black - for Halloween I guess! Ha! There are a few of us around, but not that many. In fact, someone asked me once how I got hired here since I was an OU fan and not OSU! Geez we better win tomorrow!!!!

Return to Top
#125587 - 10/31/03 10:07 PM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Quote:

You can't imagine the anguish of being a Dawg fan in Gainesville today!! Of course, if we lose, Monday will be no peach either! Everybody is in head to toe Orange & Blue. My Red & Black sticks out like salt in the pepper shaker!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEASE let the DAwgs win.

JMS, I gotta say, I do not envy you. I live in SC, and I am surrounded by kitties and chickens. They don't talk a whole lot of trash. I am very confident today in our team. I think Richt has let some of this talk take on a life of its own. Yes, we have injuries, but I think their impact is overestimated. Gibson will likely be in there, and if he can make a little noise, Florida will have to respect him. Hopefully, Browning, Lumpkin, and Cooper will get in the mix and have big games. This can be a statement game for our young O-line. We have the number one defense in the country, and it is time for them to step up and reinforce that. Coach VanGorder is about to unleash the rabid Dawgs on Chris Leak. I think Coach Richt is going to open it up, as well. This is going to be fun. That's why they play the game. Bottom line, I have faith in our Dawgs. It's time to make the series record in Jacksonville 39-31-1 (by the way, the 39 would be in favor of the Big Georgia Dawgs, haven't heard that much, huh?). HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!

Return to Top
#125588 - 11/03/03 05:35 AM Re: College Football-the week of 10-27-2003
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
All right, lets steer this conversation back to the Big Blue. "Hail to victors glorious, hail to the midwest champions, hail, hail Michigan the leaders of the West", once we get past "oh how I hate ohio state, it is on to the Rose Bowl.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2