Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#125639 - 10/29/03 05:28 PM Re: Wildfires
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
My aunt talked to a fireman last night and apparently her home is still there, though more than one of her neighbors have lost theirs. I hope Chuck's home is spared, and Don's as well. I'm thrilled for Auntie But they're not out of the woods yet, we need to keep sending positive thoughts out that direction!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#125640 - 10/29/03 05:57 PM Re: Wildfires
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Chuck and his family have had to evacuate down the mountain and its questionable if he will have a home to go back to, as all of Big Bear where he lives is threatened.

We do have nuts like the following, and two others are being sought in conection with setting the fire thats threating Chuck's and a population of 20,000 others, home in the Big Bear area..

"A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson Tuesday after he set a small fire in brush-covered Eaton Canyon in the Angeles National Forest above Altadena, Los Angeles sheriff's deputies said.It was not immediately clear whether Dikran Armouchian of Glendale was thought to be connected to any of the devastating fires in Southern California."

Return to Top
#125641 - 10/29/03 06:50 PM Re: Wildfires
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
We have a marine layer that brought in some fog and low clouds. When combined with the smoke and ash in the air all over the Southland, the resulting effect would rival the depiction of Mordor in Lord of the Rings.

For anyone interested in helping with a donation, the Red Cross can take donations by mail, phone or over the internet at Red Cross - Southern California You can select the specific area. The hardest hit areas are San Diego, San Bernardino, and Riverside.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2