Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1257225 - 09/25/09 05:49 PM Debit Card Transactions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there a certain time frame that non-pinned debit card transactions should show memo posted against accounts? An example would be: Customer purchases gas at a pay at the pump station Wednesday morning before 8:00 a.m. It's now Friday afternoon and the transaction has still not memo posted to the customer's account nor has it hard posted to the account either. Is this normal or should we be seeing memo post activity already? Thanks for your help!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1257567 - 09/26/09 03:26 PM Re: Debit Card Transactions Anonymous
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
There is no time frame - it generally depends on when the merchant downloads all of his transactions to his/her processor for completion. The bank, and the card processing systems, have not control over that.

#1257569 - 09/26/09 05:02 PM Re: Debit Card Transactions RBanker
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
A smaller merchant may only send transactions once a week. A larger merchant may send transactions for settlement multiple times per day. If the bank's customer has a concern, I would recommend the customer contact the merchant directly to find out when his debit may be expected to post.

#1257678 - 09/28/09 01:59 PM Re: Debit Card Transactions BurntSienna
YoungAndEager Offline
100 Club
Indiana
I waited a month once for a fast food purchase to post to my account. Of course they were nice enough to debit my account a 2nd time another month later! smile

#1257726 - 09/28/09 02:26 PM Re: Debit Card Transactions YoungAndEager
Anonymous
Unregistered

Original Anon here. I can understand that some merchants may take longer to settle the charge, but in the meantime should the initial transaction at least memo post to the cutomer's account for a certain number of days after it was conducted?

#1258935 - 09/29/09 10:44 PM Re: Debit Card Transactions Anonymous
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Probably it depends upon your core software and how it works. If we memo posted the transaction to the customer's account today, it would fall off when end-of-day processing ran tonight. Then, it would be gone again off the account, so I wouldn't see the value in memo posting it manually. Maybe I'm not understanding your question properly...?

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale