BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1266469 - 10/14/09 06:26 PM Removing a Authorized Signer
Playin 88-Keys Offline
New Poster
Playin 88-Keys
Riding along the Coast
Should we require the signature of the party being removed from a Business account on our Account maint. form indicating that change?

Several Internal staff have different views either way. Majority feel that the customer being removed should sign bank documentation.

I have always been under the impression that if you have a Partnership and one of the partners are being removed, then yes their signature or written authorization should be obtained, but not for all commercial accounts.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Any feedback is soley based on my experience and do not reflect that of my employer.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1266503 - 10/14/09 06:48 PM Re: Removing a Authorized Signer Playin 88-Keys
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Your customer is the corporation, partnership, or LLC that owns the account. That customer may add or remove signatories as it sees fit by its own resolution.

It's much like the process your bank's board of directors uses to authorize signatories on official checks...if someone leaves your bank's employ no one is going to ask them to agree to the termination of their ability to sign official checks.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett