Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1269341 - 10/19/09 09:48 PM Safe Deposit Access Times
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have always been told that access to the safe deposit boxes should only be during lobbys hours. I understand the reasoning behind this. But an officer at a sister Bank asked where we found that at and could we give him something in writing. Does anyone know where I could find this information?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1269603 - 10/20/09 02:44 PM Re: Safe Deposit Access Times Anonymous
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
It should be included in the safe deposit box agreement.

#1269725 - 10/20/09 04:05 PM Re: Safe Deposit Access Times BrendaC
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree it should be included in the Safe Deposit Agreement. But at our small town bank we've had occasion for emergency purposes to let a customer get to there safe deposit box at 11:30 p.m. to access money and their passport because their child was injured in a foreign country and they needed to get these items right away. Would this have been a violation?

#1270200 - 10/20/09 09:40 PM Re: Safe Deposit Access Times Anonymous
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Oh wow......what it means that now if a safe deposit box renter ever sues you, you can not ever say that you never make exceptions to your safe deposit box agreement, immediately putting you at risk to lose the lawsuit.....

Your Operations Officer/COO could not ever get on a stand and state, unequivically - 'we follow all of our procedures and never deviate from those' - if they do, and the court/plaintiff's attorney ever find this situation out, they would be open to a perjury claim - not good.

IF this is not in your current agreement, you probably should discuss how to proceed with your legal counsel...

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale