BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1270128 - 10/20/09 08:40 PM Assumed Name Certificates - Expiration Date
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
For as long as I've been working in Texas I worked under the concept that assumed name certificates were good for 10 years from date of issue - today on a web-training, the presenter stated that such documents were good for 1 - 2 years, depending on the state - did something change and I didn't pick up on it?

Return to Top
#1270156 - 10/20/09 08:59 PM Re: Assumed Name Certificates - Expiration Date RBanker
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
The Assumed Name Certificates issued in those counties around me (Dallas, Tarrant & Collin) may be valid for a period not to exceed 10 years.

Don't ask me why they would, but the owner (at his/her discretion) may opt to file the business name for a lesser period.

Return to Top
#1271038 - 10/21/09 08:45 PM Re: Assumed Name Certificates - Expiration Date RBanker
mck401 Offline
Diamond Poster
Texas
our local counties state 10 yrs. we do verify to see if they have been "abandoned" at the time we open the account.

Return to Top
#1271278 - 10/22/09 01:21 PM Re: Assumed Name Certificates - Expiration Date mck401
Lil'Belle Offline
100 Club
Lil'Belle
Texas, United States
Is there a website that you go to to verify if the assumed name has been abandoned or do you place a call to the county?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z