Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Thread Options
#1282931 - 11/06/09 08:40 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Search_Me
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Had a good week, down 3.4lbs woo hooooooo. So now I'm 1.4 down from when this thred started. Now, onward and downward

Return to Top
#1283951 - 11/10/09 12:13 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge EllenA
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Down a pants size! I tried them on not expecting them to fit at all, but they did! Yay!

Great job and keep it up to all my fellow "losers" out there!

Return to Top
#1284520 - 11/10/09 06:18 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
YEAH!!!

Return to Top
#1285232 - 11/12/09 01:55 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

Well Well Well, weighed myself this morning and to my suprise 261. Couldn't believe it so I stepped of and weighed again. smile

Return to Top
#1285291 - 11/12/09 02:59 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I have now hit my Thanksgiving goal. I'm down 18 pounds with 5 left to get to where I actually want to be. It's been a long 6 months, but it's working.

Return to Top
#1285746 - 11/12/09 09:54 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Skittles
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
DD and Skittles sounds like you both had a great week, that is awesome!

Return to Top
#1285851 - 11/13/09 12:06 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
The birthday season is taking a toll on me. No more birthdays allowed this month!! I'm going backwards!

Return to Top
#1285918 - 11/13/09 12:34 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge bOaty
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Congrats to the losers. I want to know how I gained weight in the hospital! It sure wasn't from the food.

Return to Top
#1290073 - 11/19/09 10:02 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge hmdagal
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
I have been doing so bad this week! Last week skinny(er) pants were fitting, this week I am afraid to get on the scale! Hopefully I keep the motivation for my treadmill tonight!

Return to Top
#1290155 - 11/20/09 02:04 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I'm back to where I was when we started. The extra pounds from vacation and surgery are gone. Now to get through the holidays without too much damage smile

Return to Top
#1290281 - 11/20/09 02:29 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge hmdagal
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: hmdagal
Now to get through the holidays without too much damage smile

Heard that. Already had two "Thanksgiving" style meals in the last week.

It is soooooooooo hard to not over eat.

Return to Top
#1290361 - 11/20/09 03:05 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Staying within a lb of my original goal weight, even with the stress of my "gosh darn" shingles & my hubby's recent neck/spinal surgery so I consider that a victory grin First of the year I'll go at it again to lose maybe another 5 or so off. And get back to some sort of regular exercise/activity to tighten up what ain't tight anymore blush

Return to Top
#1291099 - 11/20/09 10:23 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge corkygirl
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Hey hey losers! smile

Checking in with ya guys.... gotta keep faithful... that said I'm reporting for last week and this week:

last week: down 3 lbs
this week: down 1.2 lbs

Wishing everyone success as we celebrate Thanksgiving this Thursday...and as my leader says... Thanksgiving is ONE day only... it's not a week's worth of binge eating.

A lil' quote that I heard in one of my meetings that keeps me motivated: "NOTHING taste as good as skinny feels!"

Keep plugging away gang!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Return to Top
#1291223 - 11/22/09 03:01 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Search_Me
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
One of our co-workers sent us the same quote, Search. Congratulations on your reduction.

Return to Top
#1294231 - 11/25/09 10:23 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Skittles
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Ok... since tomorrow is Thanksgiving and that's my normal meeting time I had to change meetings this week.

That said, I'm down another 1.2 lbs.

Hoping everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving and remember.... it's just ONE day of eating... not an entire week!

Here's to hearing bout less of one another!

Oh yeah.... I've got a dark chocolate cake recipe from WW that I tried... shocking nough it's really yummy!

Will share if any are interested!

Return to Top
#1294566 - 11/27/09 05:09 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Search_Me
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Ok, I'm back on the straight and narrow! Lost 1.1 pounds even though it's Thanksgiving week!!! Hooray!!!

I made WW crustless pumpkin pie for yesterday - yummy!

Return to Top
#1294813 - 11/27/09 08:07 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge BurntSienna
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Anyone have a good recipe for Turkey Soup that would be WW friendly? Have the carcus and thought it would be a good idea to acutally use it this year instead of throwing it out.

Return to Top
#1295037 - 11/27/09 10:14 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge corkygirl
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Turkey Noodle Soup
Slice up three carrots---place them in a microwavable bowl with about 1/4 cup water covere with saran wrap and microwave on high for three minutes.

Chop three celery stalks (including the leafy tops) and 1/2 an onion, saute in soup pot with two tablespoons of melted smart balance spread.

Dice up about two cups of turkey.

When veggies are done sauteing, add 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth (I use Swanson's because it's MSG-free); three shakes of dried parsley, 3 dashes of garlic powder, about 3/4 teaspoons poultry seasoning, and a few shakes of pepper.

Stir well, then add diced turkey

Bring all to a boil over high heat; then add 10 ounces of noodles (I use whole wheat to boost the fiber content) and carrots (mine were still a bit crispy), cook till noodles are done.

I did add a little cornstarch mixed with water to thicken it a bit. Yummy.

Haven't tried this one yet, but plan to cuz it sounds scrumptious.

TURKEY SWEET POTATO SOUP

Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total preparation time: 40 minutes
Makes 9 cups
2-1/2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped celery (2 ribs)
1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
14 ounces canned chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
2 cups chopped cooked turkey (leftover or pre-cooked)
6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled (optional) (MIGHT USE TURKEY BACON FOR LOWER FAT???)
1 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups skim milk

Combine sweet potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, water and broth in an 8-quart Dutch oven. Add marjoram, thyme and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a slow boil and cook about 15 minutes until sweet potatoes are fully cooked. Stir in turkey, bacon and peas. Combine cornstarch and milk in a small dish, then stir it slowly into the soup mixture. Cook until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per generous 1-cup Serving (with/without bacon): 173/195Cal; 15/16g Protein; 3/5g Tot Fat; 1/2g Sat Fat; 21/21g Carb; 3/3g Fiber; 415/478mg Sodium; 27/31mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 3/4 points

Return to Top
#1295346 - 11/30/09 03:42 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge BurntSienna
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
I had my official weigh in this morning (I do on-line weight watchers, so I just hop on the scale before my shower on Mondays), and I met my goal of not gaining any weight this past week! I enjoyed some special holiday treats - pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a couple of glasses of wine - but resisted less special, but equally fattening foods (like the free doughnuts at the Friday morning sales). And I ate a ton of veggies. Now that I'm back home and in better controll of my food destiny, I'm focused and actually really excited to get back on my normal work out routine. I've lost 19 lbs since the end of September and this week I'm going to hit the 20 lb mark. Christmas season? HA! Bring it on!

Return to Top
#1295609 - 11/30/09 07:45 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Jaeger Schnitzel
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
That is awesome Jaeger, 20 lbs and during the holidays is no easy task! smile

Return to Top
#1299976 - 12/07/09 04:52 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
Oh for goodness sake. I lurk on this thread for months, then as soon as I post the thing dies. But I'm down another 4 pounds this week and need to tell someone! I got the weight watchers pop-up telling me I'm not supposed to lose more than 2 pounds a week, and to slow it down. I pretended to be contrite, but secretly, I'm not sorry. How is everyone else doing?

Return to Top
#1299988 - 12/07/09 04:57 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Jaeger Schnitzel
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Well, congratulations.

I was shocked when I got on the scale this morning. I grazed all weekend and still managed to lose a little more. I'm down 19.5 pounds now, with about 5.5 to go <I lowered my goal a tad>.

BTW - I LOVE your picture and can't figure out what kind of dog that is. Looks like it has some basenji.

Return to Top
#1300023 - 12/07/09 05:14 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Skittles
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
He's a decker rat terrier - like a normal rat terrier, but bread to be bigger. He's about 40 lbs. He's a good dog, but has short hair and a thin skin and consequently pouts a lot when the weather gets cold. We were below freezing all weekend and he sat around in front of heaters all weekend looking forlorn.

Return to Top
#1300172 - 12/07/09 06:52 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Jaeger Schnitzel
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Jaeger that is awesome! What are you doing? 4 lbs in a week is great, I wouldn't be sorry either wink

Return to Top
#1300380 - 12/07/09 08:49 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
For me, the biggest change I've made is portion controll. I wasn't eating food that was particularly bad for me, just way too much of it. My little boy just turned 2 and between being pregnant, and nursing, I was "eating for 2" for over two years. As soon as I weaned him I started gaining weight scary fast (not that it hadn't been creeping up anyway). Obviously, when you need to lose weight you're supposed to eat less and exercise more. So I started exercising (walking and eventually running on a treadmill) directly after work every day to make sure I got it in. And I tried to cut back on how much I was eating. Unfortunately, all I did was slow down the gain.

Finally, I decided to try the on-line weight watchers. It does a good job of quantifying "moderation" and "portion controll." Turns out that the "less" I needed to be eating was a LOT less. So I'm eating a lot less meat (2 or 3 oz portions) and cheese and filling up more on veggies and fruit. Oh, and tracking what I eat every day helped me identify some bad habits I had: eating after my baby (who eats like a bird, so if I made him a peanut butter sandwitch, he'd take two bites then I'd eat the rest), taking bites of things while I was cooking (especially cheese), and after dinner, eating what was leftover rather than putting it away.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett