Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1282888 - 11/06/09 08:08 PM Documenting Job Creation
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
I can't find where my FI has ever reported a community development loan in the category of "economic development" for job creation.

I have a loan for a start-up business in a moderate-income area, where the owner plans on (has already?) hiring one full-time and two part-time employees. It ain't much, but it's something! grin What do I need to get to document the job creation? All I have right now is verbal verification from the loan officer, who asked the business owner.

Return to Top
CRA
#1282940 - 11/06/09 08:48 PM Re: Documenting Job Creation Jaeger Schnitzel
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
In my experience, I've asked the business owner for something in writing to document the jobs that were created. I've also been able to find newspaper clippings occasionally.

Return to Top
#1282951 - 11/06/09 08:52 PM Re: Documenting Job Creation Kelsey D
bubs63 Offline
Platinum Poster
bubs63
Highland Park IL
What is the loan amount. You will want to make sure the loan is not a small business reportable loan first

"truth does not occur in the database" - Actual search result on a goverment website

Return to Top
#1283141 - 11/07/09 12:46 AM Re: Documenting Job Creation bubs63
rocky Offline
Bubs made a good point, but if you're considered an intermediate small institution and have chosen not to be examined under the large bank test, then small business loans for the purpose of community development may be considered for community development, at your institution's option.

Return to Top
#1283328 - 11/09/09 03:41 PM Re: Documenting Job Creation rocky
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
We're an ISB that's examined under the ISB test. This would be a loan that qualified as a normal small business loan, but I'm trying to wrangle some CD credit out of it. If a letter from the business owner would be sufficient, I think I should able to have the loan officer get one of those.

Return to Top
#1283438 - 11/09/09 05:24 PM Re: Documenting Job Creation Jaeger Schnitzel
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
We are an ISB and have received credit for these loans via a letter from the company explaining the number of jobs created, the type of jobs and the average salary.

Return to Top