Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1274036 - 10/26/09 08:21 PM address part III form 104- help
nemsi Offline
Gold Star
Something that i knew would eventually happen has happened. An error notice- CTR- was sent to the branch address printed on part III of the CTR. The notice was not forwarded to me in a timely manner. In fact it was forwarded in a very untimely manner. The only way I know to limit the risk of this happening again is to have my mailing address on form 104 and not the address of the branch where the transaction was processed. Is it ok to use the corporate office address and not branch addresses?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1274105 - 10/26/09 09:08 PM Re: address part III form 104- help nemsi
Sunshine_101 Offline
100 Club
Sunshine_101
IMO I don't think that would be okay unless the transaction took place at the corporate office only.

The CTR instructions state the following "Items 38, 40, 41, and 42. Address. Enter the street address, city, state, and ZIP Code of the financial institution where the transaction occurred. If there are multiple transactions, provide information of the office or branch where any one of the transactions has occurred"

If you don't have very many CTR's to file why not e-file, it doesn't matter which office is indicated on the CTR, the errors always come to you within a few days. It is also free.
Last edited by Get_Me_Outtahere; 10/26/09 09:53 PM.

Return to Top
#1284159 - 11/10/09 03:10 PM Re: address part III form 104- help Sunshine_101
BOHICA Offline
New Poster
Jefferson City, MO
I agree - why not efile? Regardless of how many you file, you get 25 days to file, immediate response and it looks as if they are moving to require it anyway (not yet..but the handwriting is on the wall.)

The hardest part of the process is signing up and it isn't that bad. If you are using automated software, check with them on the process they use and it will pay off in the long run.

Don't forget to efile SARs too - much easier and in the long run it saves money, mailing, time and you are sure they got it timely.

Return to Top
#1284240 - 11/10/09 03:57 PM Re: address part III form 104- help BOHICA
nemsi Offline
Gold Star
Thanks for the responses.
I do understand the benefits of efiling and it's in the works. If I were "queen for the day" it would already be in place but I'm not and unfortunately there are areas of the bank where "non-BSA bank officers" are in charge of the implementation pace. I will remember to use it for SAR filings. Thanks again.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z