Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#128528 - 11/05/03 03:00 AM Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
We may have covered this topic before, but since we're now getting cool weather (Thank you G-d!) in California, and it's downright nippy outside (52 degrees), my thoughts start wandering towards coffee!

Actually, my thoughts never stray very far from coffee, and I'm just glad that it's still legal because I do believe I'm an addict. It's kind of like being a BOL addict, but with a bit more caffeine

So, at the risk of sounding like a parody of L.A. Story, what are some of your favorite ways to have coffee?

Right now, my personal fave is Turkish coffee brewed with a hint of sugar and cardamom. Yummy, but very hard to find!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#128529 - 11/05/03 04:08 AM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Cappucino and I like mocha flavored coffee. At work I drink the cheap stuff, but have flavored creamers, so I can feel special .

Return to Top
#128530 - 11/05/03 01:17 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
My personal favorite is Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee. VERY Pricy but such a wonderful flavor. Definitely saved for special occassions. Unless I'm ordering a cappucino - mine is always minus any additives. I like it black and strong.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#128531 - 11/05/03 01:28 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Tea (basic) with sugar and 1% milk, please.

Return to Top
#128532 - 11/05/03 01:39 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
acatully my favorite way is what i call "bosian coffee", we have friends that are bosian and they use this very very fine ground coffee and it's sooo strong, but sooo good... you drink it in little cups, like a shot of expresso but smoother... and you can stay awake for days on that stuff!!!

Return to Top
#128533 - 11/05/03 01:41 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Black, thank you. When I feel adventurous, I put a teaspoon or so of cinnamon in the filter before brewing. The Turkish coffee with cardomon and a hint of sugar sounds good. I'll have to try it. I know we have cardomon.

Return to Top
#128534 - 11/05/03 01:48 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Mostly I'm a Diet Coke addict - you simply cannot start out a morning without a good dose of cold caffeine. (When I was pg, I had to substitute Barq's rootbeer - still caffeinated, just no nutrisweet.)

But I am EXTREMELY fond of the smell of freshly ground coffee. And I love Starbucks' Mocha Frappuccinos. Oooh, and coffee ice cream!!!! Preferably with caramel and fudge topping.

Return to Top
#128535 - 11/05/03 02:08 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I have never met a coffee I didn't like, as long as it's hot.

Return to Top
#128536 - 11/05/03 02:38 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
I had Cuban coffee for the first time last week in Miami. That stuff is to die for! Very strong and very sweet. I've ordered some online hoping that I might be able to duplicate it at home.

Return to Top
#128537 - 11/05/03 02:53 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
The last time I drank any coffee was at the ABA compliance graduate school a few years ago. I was desperate! That lecture hall was so incredibly cold, I had to do something to stay warm! They kinda frowned on you bringing the blankets from your dorm room bed with you to class!

I like my caffeine cold - Diet Coke with Lemon is my favorite. Diet Dr. Pepper is pretty good too.

Return to Top
#128538 - 11/05/03 03:17 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Quote:

I have never met a coffee I didn't like, as long as it's hot.

Amen, Brother Ben!

Recently I received some Yukon Blend beans from Starbucks. Boy howdy, that was good! I mostly drink mine black, but I like to experiment with different flavors, creamers, etc. At one of the previous banks I worked at, we kept a bottle of Kahlua (sp?) in the kitchen, and late on Friday evenings we would add it to our coffee. I miss those days.

Return to Top
#128539 - 11/05/03 03:41 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
captain morgan Offline
100 Club
captain morgan
Land of "uffda"
Strong and Black so a spoon stands up !!

Return to Top
#128540 - 11/05/03 04:30 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like Starbucks. Here's my drink: Grande, Ristreto, Vanilla, Non-Fat Latte'

(Ristreto is the first 9 or so seconds of the espresso shot and it is also the sweetest part of the shot)

Return to Top
#128541 - 11/05/03 05:06 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go to JoToGo and get a Good Morning! (has to be the Grande size). It is a triple shot of espresso topped off with regular coffee. Rocket-fuel, baby!

Return to Top
#128542 - 11/05/03 05:10 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
My favorite coffee ever is Kona coffee grown in the Hawaiian islands, soo smooth, soo light..just right. Extremely expensive also.

Return to Top
#128543 - 11/05/03 05:57 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I hate all fancy coffee, and by that I mean starbucks, etc. I like a normal cup of coffee - greasy diners, Dunkin Donuts, White Hen, Citgo, etc.

Return to Top
#128544 - 11/05/03 06:52 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Dunkin Donuts

You should take this off your list of greasy diner coffee. Their coffee is specially blended and is renowned for being one of the best cups of coffee you can buy anywhere. And I think it is better than Starbucks.

Return to Top
#128545 - 11/05/03 06:58 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Anonymous
Unregistered

Z - you misread - I love Dunkin Donuts coffee - it tastes like a regular cup of joe, unlike the bitter stuff you pay $4 for at Starbucks.

Return to Top
#128546 - 11/05/03 07:32 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Z - you misread - I love Dunkin Donuts coffee - it tastes like a regular cup of joe, unlike the bitter stuff you pay $4 for at Starbucks.

Amen!

Return to Top
#128547 - 11/06/03 05:37 AM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
The Chevron station by my house makes a pretty good cup. And it's only 89 cents!

BTW Skye2477 - the coffee you described sounds just like Turkish coffee. I've also heard it referred to as Arabic coffee. Very strong, very smooth, and in very small cups with about an inch of grounds in the bottom of the cup.

Also, cofee served this way is the KING of caffeine. Contrary to what most people think, espresso has the least amount of caffeine than almost any method of brewing coffee. Drip brewed coffee has more caffeine than espresso. Percolated and French Press have more caffeine than drip, but Turkish coffee....ahh yes!

Return to Top
#128548 - 11/06/03 11:51 AM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
When my in-laws ask me what I want for Christmas, I just say coffee with "no adjectives;" i.e. I don't want "butter brickle," "Christmas spice" or any perversions of the drink. Kona is simply the best. French roast starts the day well. CWilliams is right about the Cuban coffee, they grind it too fine, but it is still very good.

The best way to have coffee? Black, and sitting on the balcony of one of the John Fripp Villa condos at Fripp Island, South Carolina watching the sun rise over the Atlantic.

Return to Top
#128549 - 11/06/03 05:21 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Snickerdoodle is the choice at our house. I also love cappucino (sic). But I bring vanilla creamer to work so that I can get the day going.

Return to Top
#128550 - 11/06/03 09:08 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
BEE Offline
New Poster
BEE
Somewhere in the middle
I like my coffee with a little Baileys Irish Cream. Looks like cream.

Return to Top
#128551 - 11/07/03 09:47 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like coffee
I like tea
I like the java jive and it likes me
Coffee and tea
The java and me
a cuppa cuppa cuppa cuppa ahhhhhhhh.

Return to Top
#128552 - 11/07/03 10:00 PM Re: Coffee in the BOL Watercooler
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

I like coffee
I like tea
I like the java jive and it likes me
Coffee and tea
The java and me
a cuppa cuppa cuppa cuppa ahhhhhhhh.

Great oldie Anonymous, but who sang the popular version? Come by Cleabatsu's, we've got some great Kona blend.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2