BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1285901 - 11/13/09 06:25 AM Re: Pancreatic Cancer tahdah
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Sorry you have to deal with this, tahdah but know your brother is no longer suffering. I'm glad your family was together.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1285917 - 11/13/09 12:33 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Kathleen O. Blanchard
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I'm so sorry for your loss, tahdah. Prayers that you and your family may find peace.

Return to Top
#1285925 - 11/13/09 01:15 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer tahdah
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Tahdah, my heart aches for your loss. If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. We both live close to each other, and I am here for you....

Return to Top
#1285930 - 11/13/09 01:25 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer TINKerBell
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
So sorry for your loss. I lost my sister to cancer four years ago. She wasn't just my sibling - she was also my best friend.

Things will get better, but it's hard. PM me if you need to "talk".

Return to Top
#1285943 - 11/13/09 01:40 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Bagweaver
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
Sorry for your loss tahdah.

Return to Top
#1285954 - 11/13/09 02:08 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Buccs
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
My heart aches for you, Tahdah. May God hold you in his loving arms, comfort you and give you peace. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1285991 - 11/13/09 02:31 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Tahdah - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Return to Top
#1286046 - 11/13/09 03:23 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Skittles
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Go ahead and be angry and hurt, tahdah. It's part of the grieving process so don't feel bad about what you're feeling. I'm so sorry for your loss but so proud to virtually know someone who fought the good fight for her brother. You are to be commended for all you did for him these last few months. May he rest in peace.

Return to Top
#1286126 - 11/13/09 04:39 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Truffle Royale
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I'm am so sorry for your loss. You brother is now at peace and pain-free. Many of us understand the loss of a best friend/sibling. Take comfort in your family and friends. The pain in your heart is so severe now, but is does get a bit better day by day. It has been 4 1/2 years since I lost my sister. Remember all your happy times together. Many thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

{{hugs}}

Return to Top
#1286135 - 11/13/09 04:48 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer HRH Okie Banker
blvsinangels Offline
Gold Star
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's very hard to find words of comfort...when my husband died, I couldn't even hear the words...I just wanted someone to sit with me in my pain and let me hurt...it's ok to be angry, it's ok to be sad, it's even ok to be happy....sending hugs and prayers your way...

Return to Top
#1286156 - 11/13/09 05:06 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer blvsinangels
Bankerette Offline
100 Club
South of Canadian Border
Tahdah,I am so sorry. It is so hard to see the one you love in pain. Bless you for your continued strength to be there for him. You must be physically and mentally exhausted. Close your eyes now and feel all the BOL family wrapping you in one big hug.

Return to Top
#1286599 - 11/13/09 10:15 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Bankerette
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
#1286626 - 11/13/09 10:37 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Bones
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
tahdah, you have my deepest sympathy for your loss. Like others have said, your brother is not suffering now. We should all have a sister like you.

Return to Top
#1286668 - 11/13/09 10:59 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Truffle Royale
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Go ahead and be angry and hurt, tahdah. It's part of the grieving process so don't feel bad about what you're feeling. I'm so sorry for your loss but so proud to virtually know someone who fought the good fight for her brother. You are to be commended for all you did for him these last few months. May he rest in peace.

I cannot say it any better than this. And will only add:

Until you meet again, may God hold him in the palm of His hand.

Return to Top
#1286734 - 11/14/09 12:05 AM Re: Pancreatic Cancer QCL
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tahdah. You did everything you could do for your brother, and he left knowing how much you loved him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I hate cancer. I too have lost several family members and friends to it. It's a horrible disease and hope and pray that we can keep doing everything we can to improve treatments and find a cure.

Return to Top
#1286739 - 11/14/09 12:41 AM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Sing A Little
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
These tears in my eyes are for you tahdah, I would send a hug to you if I could.

I am glad that you had such a wonderful relationship with your brother. There are a lot of people that haven't had a special bond like that with anyone, you were blessed. Remember the good times.

Return to Top
#1286808 - 11/16/09 01:24 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer bOaty
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Tahdah-my heart aches for you. I am so sorry. Prayers to you and your family. Prayers also that God keeps you strong and helps you through the pain. Hugs always.

Return to Top
#1287121 - 11/16/09 06:00 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer pjs
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Hugs and many prayers for you Tahdah. I am so deeply sorry for your loss! Will be lifting you and your family to the throne of Heaven praying that God gives you peace and comfort during each step of this most difficult journey.

Return to Top
#1287615 - 11/17/09 04:47 AM Re: Pancreatic Cancer KTMiteComply
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I had one of his friends do a beautiful eulogy, really beautiful. And I thank all of you. I knew that I could count on the BOL community for support. Heres what I put in his memorial card.
"God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be, so he put his arms around you a whispered come live with me. With tearful eyes we watched you suffer and saw you fading away. We loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, your hardworking hands put to rest, God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best. God will love you and keep you until we meet someday." That's really what I thought in the case of the cancer. He slipped away so fast. I found out 9/17 and he died 11/12. I have an 18 year old that was his only nephew and and a friend called and said that she saw him crying in a corner of the funeral home. I never saw him crack but by husband is having a really hard time. He knew him before we married and loved and respected him. He didn't grieve his father this hard and even my husband acknowledged that his own dads death didn't hit him this hard. Maybe it's the age difference, you expect a mother or father but not a brother, sister (in-law) or God forbid (a child). I'm so very sad, thats all I can say to people, I knew it was coming but I'm just very sad.
I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It means more that you can imagine.
Last edited by tahdah; 11/17/09 04:50 AM.
Return to Top
#1287628 - 11/17/09 12:57 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer tahdah
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
The memorial card was beautiful Tahdah. The words you put in there are so true. God bless you and your family.

Return to Top
#1287646 - 11/17/09 01:55 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer pjs
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
The card is beautiful tahdah. I haven't posted, but have been praying for you and your family.

Return to Top
#1287663 - 11/17/09 02:22 PM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Countess Kiwi
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
tahdah, I have been very out of touch with the couch lately but you and your brother have been in my thoughts. I am so sorry to hear of his passing but that memorial card really does say it all. May all your warm and loving memories of him give you comfort now and in the future.

Return to Top
#1288540 - 11/18/09 04:25 AM Re: Pancreatic Cancer corkygirl
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I am so very sad but grateful for the BOL community. You mean much to me, many thanks. I probably won't be posting for a while. I need to take care of things. What a wonderful place to deal with a sadness and loss, and get the support of a great group of people. You are the best!

Return to Top
#1288573 - 11/18/09 11:38 AM Re: Pancreatic Cancer tahdah
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Tahdah, I am so sorry for your loss. I feel terrible I have not been in the couch in some time. You've been a wonderful sibling for your brother all this time. You make a person proud!

Please take care of yourself. Many good thoughts and prayers going your way. and {{hugs}}.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1303410 - 12/11/09 05:47 AM Re: Pancreatic Cancer Tigg
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Not to keep this going, but Saturday I will bury his ashes. It was his wish to be cremated and it took a couple of weeks to get his remains and then my other brothers 2 yr old grand kid had "santa" things. So we will gather Saturday to finalize that part of his life.
I just again wanted to thank all of you. It helped me more than you can imagine to talk this out during his final days. I really had no one else to talk to. Oh I had family and friends but they shied away from the subject to protect me. And of course they were in denial. So again, thank you for being there. You can't begin to believe how great it was to express my feelings here, even I can't believe how healing it was for me. I'm not a user of on line things, this is the only place I ever go, and it was very healing.
Now if only you could clean up the mess my brother left to me as his trustee (ha ha) What a mess! (Oh yes I have a shister (sp?) (oops lawyer) and although he had a living will he never followed thru with it so I'm having a lot of fun (?) dealing with frozen accounts,bounced checks that I wrote while he was alive and I had POA (which ended with his death which we all know as bankers) and now probate and such.
Tomorrow I begin to deal with that by taking the new personal rep papers to the bank and unfreezing the accounts. Lets hope that goes well. I won't mention the bank, super huge, got government bailout, fomerly West Coast based, and now has headquarters in a southern state maybe NC. I think, but the manager dismissed, really dismissed me, when I tried to do some business very rudely after my brother died. I understood that POA ended with death but wanted to find out how I could get bills paid that were EFT and she basically told me to get out. She actually did an about face and walked away from me. Didn't give me any advice so needless to say they will never see another tranaction from me. It could have been handled more compassionately. So I guess to other branch managers I would say, I understand privacy and laws, but have some manners, don't do an "about face" and walk away from a customer saying " laws don't allow us to talk to you, the POA ended when the customer died". It was just cold and as I've always been told a customer ticked off will tell many people and a customer happy won't tell many. I will tell everyone about this bank.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett