Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1287670 - 11/17/09 02:32 PM Online Employee Training
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
Our bank currently uses TRC INteractive to do employee training online but we are looking to change vendors. We have looked into Bankers Edge but does anyone else use any other online training resource?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1287674 - 11/17/09 02:40 PM Re: Online Employee Training Cale_N_Oats
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
There is also Banker's Academy.

We are just wrapping up our contract with Digital University and and signing up with BAI Center for the next three years.

Return to Top
#1287681 - 11/17/09 02:50 PM Re: Online Employee Training #Just Jay
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
We are looking into BVS. Contact Michael Sacks at Michael A. Sacks [msacks@bvs.com] or BVS Training Solutions
T. 800.553.5972
F. 866.234.4141
www.bvs.com

They've got quite a catalog of available courses, you can set up curricula for specific job positions and you can 'roll your own'. It also has a very good tracking and testing/recording system which is what we need for the examiners.

Return to Top
#1287765 - 11/17/09 03:49 PM Re: Online Employee Training Doug Hendrickson
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
Originally Posted By: Doug Hendrickson
. . . BVS . . .
They've got quite a catalog of available courses, you can set up curricula for specific job positions and you can 'roll your own'. It also has a very good tracking and testing/recording system which is what we need for the examiners.

I have used BVS for 3 years now and have been very pleased - their tracking & reporting is excellent & you can schedule required courses for future dates & it emails the employees when the new assignment rolls around

Return to Top
#1287829 - 11/17/09 04:42 PM Re: Online Employee Training ktac MITCH
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: ktac MITCH
Originally Posted By: Doug Hendrickson
. . . BVS . . .

I have used BVS for 3 years now and have been very pleased - their tracking & reporting is excellent & you can schedule required courses for future dates & it emails the employees when the new assignment rolls around

Ditto

Return to Top
#1287935 - 11/17/09 06:06 PM Re: Online Employee Training 'Lil Freak!
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
with BVS do they update the quizzes each year or is it the same quiz over and over again?

Return to Top
#1288311 - 11/17/09 09:25 PM Re: Online Employee Training Cale_N_Oats
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
In my previous job (that I just left 2 weeks ago) I was responsible for setting up employee training and getting the vendor, etc. I HIGHLY recommend BankersEdge. I can't recommend them enough. The courses are great, they make sure the courses are constantly up-to-date with regulatory changes, the reporting function is great, it's easy to manage (input new employees, delete employees, assign courses, manage curriculum groups, etc.)

I have used various other systems and I have to say BankersEdge has been my favorite. Plus, their customer service is top notch. Very helpful. They even do the "admin option" for $150 a year. A YEAR!!! That was a life saver for me in 2008 when I had no staff and didn't have time to set up all new employees and curricula in the system. I paid them $150 and the whole year they did all the administrative work for me - set up employees, assigned courses, ran reports (any report I requested), etc.

Again, I highly recommend them.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1288318 - 11/17/09 09:29 PM Re: Online Employee Training Cale_N_Oats
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: QUINCY
with BVS do they update the quizzes each year or is it the same quiz over and over again?

With BankersEdge, the final exams change. So even if you fail it the first time and go back in to retake it, the questions will change. Not all new questions, but enough new ones to make it interesting.

I also liked the option to stagger the due dates - our regulators recommended it and it worked well. I had about 2-3 courses due by the end of each quarter. Everytime an employee logged in, the first screen they saw was their course status and it gave them the due date for each class, how many days they have left to take each class, etc. Each course can also be customized completely - how many tries to pass, passing score, which sections are required before the exam can be taken, etc.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1288384 - 11/17/09 10:02 PM Re: Online Employee Training Cale_N_Oats
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
BVS does not use the same test over and over. There is a larger pool of test questions from which a randomized selection is made for each test. So although you may get a question or two repeated, it's all a matter of chance. As changes are made to the course, test questions would change with the revised or new material.

Return to Top
#1294091 - 11/25/09 08:58 PM Re: Online Employee Training Doug Hendrickson
In Need of Help 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
We currently use TRC Interactive...may I ask why you are changing? Did you detect problems with the training?

Return to Top
#1294143 - 11/25/09 09:35 PM Re: Online Employee Training In Need of Help 101
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
love BVS......

Return to Top
#1294707 - 11/27/09 06:37 PM Re: Online Employee Training MyKidsMom
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
We use Compliance University with Wolters Kluwer.

Return to Top
#1296397 - 12/01/09 06:24 PM Re: Online Employee Training Lele
kiemo Offline
Gold Star
kiemo
MidUS
BVS has worked well. It is updated and tailored to a bank's needs.

Return to Top
#1296546 - 12/01/09 08:20 PM Re: Online Employee Training Cale_N_Oats
DRN Offline
Virginia
We are a BVS user - and have been for 3 years. We are very pleased with the course offerings, tracking of assignments and test results, and especially our ability to place our own training materials on the BVS site or to modify the BVS class to reflect our Bank's polcies and procedures. Additionally, I have always gotten great customer service - they really listen when you ask for assistance or enhancements.

Return to Top
#1297647 - 12/02/09 11:04 PM Re: Online Employee Training DRN
Funky Falcon Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
We switched from BVS to Banker's Academy. BVS was very expensive compared to BA. Our staff actually likes the course material better on BA because it is more "to the point" and easy to follow. Did I mention it was MUCH cheaper!

The transition was easy and the customer service staff is fabulous! I would highly recommend it.

Return to Top
#1297771 - 12/03/09 02:32 PM Re: Online Employee Training Funky Falcon
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We choose not to go with Banker's Academy because the sales staff was so overly persistant, borderline harrasing.

I am curious to know how much BVS was costing since when we were obtaining quotes this summer, BA was more than double Banker's Edge or BAI Center. eek

Return to Top
#1299968 - 12/07/09 04:47 PM Re: Online Employee Training #Just Jay
Funky Falcon Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
The staff has been excellent for us with Banker's Academy. The cost of BVS for one year is the same as our three year contract with BA.

Return to Top
#1300400 - 12/07/09 09:06 PM Re: Online Employee Training Funky Falcon
Midwest Banker Offline
Gold Star
Cheeseland
We wer previously with Bankers Edge for many years and switched, not because of any problems but we felt it was time for a change. We went with Bankers Academy and are going back to Bankers Edge.

Bankers Acadment is much harder to administer (IMHO) compared to Bankers Edge. The reporting is also much easier within Bankers Edge. Our personnel also like Bankers Edge better. They can be flexible with their course offering and prices.

Return to Top
#1300526 - 12/07/09 11:00 PM Re: Online Employee Training MyKidsMom
nbk2yj2 Offline
Platinum Poster
Paradise!
I am an admin for BVS and they have been excellent for us. There are many benefits to having BVS. One of which is a compliance attorney at your fingertips. I appreciate their support as well.
Last edited by nbk2yj2; 12/07/09 11:01 PM.
Return to Top
#1300552 - 12/08/09 01:14 AM Re: Online Employee Training nbk2yj2
Jennifer Offline
Pacific Northwest
We were with BVS for a number of years & had developed customized training for the various regs. The program was easy to use and reports were good, however it didn't interface with or have the ability to use the information for performance or succession planning. We have switched over to Halogen, which is also what we now use for online performance evaluations, goal tracking & succession planning.

Return to Top
#1406480 - 06/22/10 01:22 PM Re: Online Employee Training DRN
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
If you don't mind me asking, how much does BVS cost annually?

Return to Top
#1411039 - 07/01/10 09:50 PM Re: Online Employee Training Cale_N_Oats
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
We're going with BankerEdge! Thanks for all your comments!

Return to Top