Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#128930 - 11/06/03 05:06 PM Final Escrow Statement - Foreclosure
Risk Officer Offline
100 Club
Dallas
Do you have to send a final escrow statement when you foreclose on a house?

Does it matter if there is a deficiency and the escrow balance will be totally offset?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#128931 - 11/06/03 05:37 PM Re: Final Escrow Statement - Foreclosure
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
No to both questions.

Return to Top
#128932 - 11/06/03 06:19 PM Re: Final Escrow Statement - Foreclosure
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
3500.17(i)(2) is your cite. No annual statements in the case of default, foreclosure, or bankruptcy. This paragraph (i)(2) contains an exemption from the provisions of §3500.17(i)(1). If at the time the servicer conducts the escrow account analysis the borrower is more than 30 days overdue, then the servicer is exempt from the requirements of submitting an annual escrow accountstatement to the borrower under §3500.17(i). This exemption also applies in situations where the servicer has brought an action for foreclosure under the underlying mortgage loan, or where the borrower is in bankruptcy proceedings. If the servicer does not issue an annual statement pursuant to this exemption and the loan subsequently is reinstated or otherwise becomes current, the servicer shall provide a history of the account since the last annual statement (which may be longer than 1 year) within 90 days of the date the account became current.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#128933 - 11/06/03 07:16 PM Re: Final Escrow Statement - Foreclosure
Risk Officer Offline
100 Club
Dallas
Thanks guys. Normally I would have looked it up myself, but I was running out the door.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z