BOL Conferences
Page 28 of 94 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 93 94
Thread Options
#1291278 - 11/23/09 01:59 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 TB 12
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
FWIW, I agree with SOX on both of the last two posts.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
RESPA
#1291307 - 11/23/09 02:38 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
bstritecky Offline
Gold Star
sd
Can someone direct me to finding an answer to the following: On construction/perms we may do several inspections throughout the construction phase. Sometimes the inspections are done by bank staff and sometime by an appraisers. We typically charged a fee per inspection - can we just increase our origination fee and eliminate the inspections fee?

Return to Top
#1291320 - 11/23/09 02:47 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ahou
creditcommander Offline
New Poster
That is what I assumed also, but I read that box 2 and 3 were to be checked off only if a mortgage broker is involved, and box 2 was for the amount of the YSP. There is no mortgage broker on a home equity loan.

Return to Top
#1291322 - 11/23/09 02:48 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 bstritecky
bstritecky Offline
Gold Star
sd
My next question: Can we go back to preapprovals? We have done these since the beginning of time - we take an application without a property address, do complete underwriting and verification and issue a GFE, early TIL and committment letter subject to certain conditions. We have never "required" the customer to provide the verification information but since they are requesting the preapproval they provide it. I'm still unclear as how to handle these based on my readings here.

If we issue a good faith estimate so we don't have issues with the verification portion - we will be bound to it for 10 days?

If we just issue an "information sheet" instead of a GFE - can we still do the verifiction portion?

Return to Top
#1291347 - 11/23/09 03:15 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 bstritecky
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
You can do preapprovals, but I beleive it was mentioned somewhere in this thread when a borrower finds a property, it is not considered a "change of circumstance" , so you may not have quoted accurate fees from your initial GFE.

Return to Top
#1291441 - 11/23/09 04:40 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Trixie
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Trixie
Third Party Service Provders - Block 6- If the offer to purchase has listed Well, home inspection etc. Do we need to provide a Providers List? This is something the seller ususally pays for and is ordered by the Realtor. Very confusing how would the bank know who to list on the provider list and keep up on the fees.

Trixie-are these services that you as the lender require or are they simply contingencies in the sales agreement? If they are not lender required items, you would not need to worry about them.

Return to Top
#1291443 - 11/23/09 04:40 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 dottiec
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: dottiec
I'm trying to understand when I use a credit in Block 2 and when I have to use Block 204 on the HUD-1 form for a junior lien.

We collect a fee of $141.50 to cover all closing costs on the junior lien. This is the exact amount it costs us provided there is only one tax parcel included on the mortgage.

Our loan involves a property that has two tax parcels. This will cost us an additional $5.00 in government recording fees. We know when we issue the GFE that we will not be collecting the $5.00 from the customer, the bank will pay it.

Since we are "splitting" the fee, do I show a credit in Line 2 of the GFE and can I close using a HUD-1A? Or do I leave Line 2 of the GFE N/A and use the HUD-1 to close with a credit in Line 204?

Thanks to anyone brave enough to attemp an answer!

Can anyone help me with this?

Return to Top
#1291445 - 11/23/09 04:41 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 bstritecky
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Becky, all of the new GFE changes only solidified our choice to do only prequalifications, not pre-approvals. You might want to consider doing the same.

Quote:
We are leaving the option on the customer (bank)as to when they actually begin using the new method. .... Also, keep in mind the new HUD booklet is still not available and these changes can not go into effect unless it is available as well.
The above quote is from my software company. Am I missing something or is this woman nuts? She thinks we don't have to use the new method beginning for apps after 1/1/10? Does the issuance of the HUD booklet have anything to do with this? Did I misinterpret something? aaarrrggghhhh. This is not the way to start a busy week!

Return to Top
#1291461 - 11/23/09 04:47 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Becky, all of the new GFE changes only solidified our choice to do only prequalifications, not pre-approvals. You might want to consider doing the same.

Quote:
We are leaving the option on the customer (bank)as to when they actually begin using the new method. .... Also, keep in mind the new HUD booklet is still not available and these changes can not go into effect unless it is available as well.
The above quote is from my software company. Am I missing something or is this woman nuts? She thinks we don't have to use the new method beginning for apps after 1/1/10? Does the issuance of the HUD booklet have anything to do with this? Did I misinterpret something? aaarrrggghhhh. This is not the way to start a busy week!

We could only hope she is correct, TR, however, in the OTS/HUD conf call, they made it crystal clear this is going forward-no reference to whether the HUD booklet would be available. Isn't the new format a mini hud booklet anyway? What else would a cust need to know?

Return to Top
#1291470 - 11/23/09 04:49 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Truf...they may be meaning you can begin using earlier if you want to? As far as the book? I see no delays just based on the SCB.

Return to Top
#1291479 - 11/23/09 04:53 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
bstritecky Offline
Gold Star
sd
Truffle - I agree that we are going to have to change from preapprovals to prequals - I just met with loan origination and opertions to begin that process.

In addition, I agree your software company is nuts. I have never seen an exception to compliance until the book gets updated. There are many issues here that don't have logic so why then would we expect the book to be updated before we implement the changes???! (Sorry that is a sarcastic monday morning comment!)

Thanks for yor reponse.

Return to Top
#1291480 - 11/23/09 04:53 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 David Dickinson
dollars & sense Offline
Gold Star
Will the good faith list of required providers notice (currently on the back of our GFE's) go away with the use of the new form?

Return to Top
#1291481 - 11/23/09 04:53 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I'm so po'd at our software company. We're not going to get an update till hopefully 12/18. Then we can start running tests. Are you kidding me???!!! And, once we go live, it's all or nothing. So any loans I've taken an application for in 2009 that haven't closed yet, my system is going to force me to redisclose on the new GFE. Seriously, I'm spitting tacks here.

Return to Top
#1291485 - 11/23/09 04:56 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
D&S-that is a great question-hadn't thought of that. In all the reading I have done I haven't seen a reference to that.

Return to Top
#1291486 - 11/23/09 04:57 PM HELP-Yield Spread Premiums RR Joker
dollars & sense Offline
Gold Star
If we recieve a yield spread premium from a secondary market company such as Fannie Mae do we need to disclouse this on the GFE or does the last statement on page 3 cover this?

Return to Top
#1291507 - 11/23/09 05:16 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
I'm so po'd at our software company. We're not going to get an update till hopefully 12/18. Then we can start running tests. Are you kidding me???!!! And, once we go live, it's all or nothing. So any loans I've taken an application for in 2009 that haven't closed yet, my system is going to force me to redisclose on the new GFE. Seriously, I'm spitting tacks here.

Ahh we must have the same software company. frown

Return to Top
#1291512 - 11/23/09 05:20 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
SnuffytheSeal Offline
Gold Star
State of Confusion
Hey Truffle - I know who your software company is. Because I got that little "news" last week. If you're like every other company in America, you have folks who are on vacation for the holidays - including both the IT people who INSTALL the upgrades and the people that test! - which includes me!!

They did send partial release notes this morning but not totally happy : (

Return to Top
#1291517 - 11/23/09 05:29 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 dollars & sense
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: dollars & sense
Will the good faith list of required providers notice (currently on the back of our GFE's) go away with the use of the new form?

Yes, David stated that in his webinar.

Return to Top
#1291551 - 11/23/09 05:54 PM Re: HELP-Yield Spread Premiums dollars & sense
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
If we recieve a yield spread premium from a secondary market company such as Fannie Mae do we need to disclouse this on the GFE or does the last statement on page 3 cover this?

It probably depends...are you defined as a broker? or do you do your own funding and sell later.

Return to Top
#1291556 - 11/23/09 05:56 PM Re: HELP-Yield Spread Premiums RR Joker
dollars & sense Offline
Gold Star
We are not defined as a broker. We do our own funding and sell the loan later. At that time we also retain the servicing.

Return to Top
#1291560 - 11/23/09 05:59 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 pjs
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: pjs

pjs-do you know if this is written somewhere-perhaps the FAQ's? I'd like that as back up.

Return to Top
#1291561 - 11/23/09 06:00 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 CompDat
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: CompDat

Ahh we must have the same software company. frown

Our software is going to have the old HUD settlement statement available on for loan applications dated before 1/1/10. We haven't had our update yet- they are waiting on the last word from HUD so they can tweek any thing they might need to.

Return to Top
#1291565 - 11/23/09 06:02 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 TB 12
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: Sox in 07
Originally Posted By: pjs

pjs-do you know if this is written somewhere-perhaps the FAQ's? I'd like that as back up.

No I was looking for you all regarding that. Maybe David can pipe in. I was going to go look in the Federal Register to see.

Return to Top
#1291585 - 11/23/09 06:16 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 pjs
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I should point out that it was said in David's webinar regarding Required Settlement Service Providers the Lender Selects: There is no longer a requirement for the lender to disclose the use or nature of any specific required third party settlement service provider relationship.

Now it's called a Recommended Settlement Service Provider List (Appendix c to part 3500 -page 7045)

Timing: The same time the GFE is given ( no later than 3 business days after the lender receives an application)

List: RESPA FAQ GFE Written List of Providers starting on Page 11 under Written List of Providers.

Sounds like your recommended Settlement Service Provider List replaces the Required List.

Return to Top
#1291597 - 11/23/09 06:26 PM Re: HELP-Yield Spread Premiums dollars & sense
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We are not defined as a broker. We do our own funding and sell the loan later. At that time we also retain the servicing.

Bona fide transfers on the secondary market do not require disclosure (because they are RESPA exempt. SO...anything you make on the loan after-the-fact, doesn't apply.

Return to Top
Page 28 of 94 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 93 94

Moderator:  QCL