Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#129162 - 11/12/03 02:57 PM Re: If there life after banking...
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Life after banking????? How about retirement? One that is filled with love, health, and happiness.

Return to Top
#129163 - 11/12/03 04:08 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Anon, regarding this comment:
Can I get a job at that bank? I usually work no less than 50 to 60 hours a week and that has been for many years. And we do have budgets to meet, payrolls to keep within budget restrictions set to meet profitability, net interest margin, ROA, ROI, ROE goals that allow us to remain competitive and stay in business.

It's nice for management that you have taken on all those goals yourself, but unless you are part of senior management those are not your goals, just delegated goals. My compliments to your management team for being able to create the illusion that you also have those goals as a worker bee. But all you are is a worker bee on a well torn path.

Return to Top
#129164 - 11/12/03 05:10 PM Re: If there life after banking...
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Why the dreary, depressing outlook on things?

Return to Top
#129165 - 11/12/03 05:28 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Why the dreary, depressing outlook on things?

Reality has no feeling, so if you view this as a depressing outlook, you are not dealing with reality as it is. If it's not your reality, it doesn't concern you, so there is no need to comment.

Return to Top
#129166 - 11/12/03 05:43 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN

Return to Top
#129167 - 11/12/03 07:18 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Repeat after me:

REALITY HAS NO FEELING!

Return to Top
#129168 - 11/12/03 07:23 PM Re: If there life after banking...
obx nut Offline
Gold Star
obx nut
Midwest
I'd say that "anonymous" has no feelings......how sad to resort to that kind of life.

Return to Top
#129169 - 11/12/03 07:48 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Reality is Feeling, Not feeling is Denial

Return to Top
#129170 - 11/12/03 08:08 PM Re: If there life after banking...
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

Or living life anonymously.

Return to Top
#129171 - 11/12/03 08:51 PM Re: If there life after banking...
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Quote:

Repeat after me:

REALITY HAS NO FEELING!

Actually, Anon, I agree with you that Reality has no feeling. In and of themselves, facts are facts. But humans do not live only in a world of facts. If they did, life would be boring and very machine-like. I think that is the entire premise of this thread. The facts say otherwise, but determination and challenging the status quo are part of human nature. It's why we have America in the first place. Reality says that no group of Colonists can survive the cold, hard winters. They did, and succeeded. Reality says it's crazy to challenge the British Empire. It was done, and successfully. Just a thought.

Return to Top
#129172 - 11/12/03 08:52 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Or living life anonymously.

90% of the "registered" users are anonymous, Brigette. What is your last name, email, company, etc. At least you put your first name on your profile...many don't even do that.

Return to Top
#129173 - 11/12/03 09:10 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Repeat after me:

REALITY HAS NO FEELING!

Actually, Anon, I agree with you that Reality has no feeling. In and of themselves, facts are facts. But humans do not live only in a world of facts. If they did, life would be boring and very machine-like. I think that is the entire premise of this thread. The facts say otherwise, but determination and challenging the status quo are part of human nature. It's why we have America in the first place. Reality says that no group of Colonists can survive the cold, hard winters. They did, and succeeded. Reality says it's crazy to challenge the British Empire. It was done, and successfully. Just a thought.

You've, once again, missed the point - Reality has no feeling - other than the feeling the you elect to give it and at any time you can elect to give it some other feeling - but reality continues to be reality, regardless of how you elect to "feel" about that reality. It's the feeling part that causes all the pain in life, professionally and personally. Reality does not say a thing, it just is and if it's your highest purpose to live with reality to achieve a worthly goal, that is what you do, but that does not change reality - although you may change your view of reality through a willful experience.

Reality is always right.

I heard a true story about a woman who lived in a San Francisco apartment and left a suicide note there. The note was found by police after her death.

The note said that she was going to walk toward the Golden Gate bridge and if no-one smiled at her along the way she was going to jump off. And jump off she did.

At the level of existence where it appears that we make "choices," the universe is a responder. It responds to us; it is a perfect mirror of us. The universe was waiting for her to smile; then it would smile back. It has to, because it is we ourself—part of the same process, like the turning of the earth that produces both night and day.

"The flying geese have no mind to cast their shadow; the water has no mind to give its reflection." —Zenrin

Existence is a mirror. Whatever vibration we're putting out gets reflected back to us. If we smile at others, they smile back. If we scowl at others, they scowl back. If we're in love with the universe, we feel loved back. It all happens instantaneously.

In that respect I disagree with the idea of karma. Karma exists, in my opinion, but it happens instantaneously. It is always paid off at the instant the debt is incurred. The very act of being brutal to someone shapes us, molds us in that very moment to who we are. The act of being kind to someone also shapes and molds us—and our experience of life—in the very process of being so.

Everything we do has an instantaneous feedback inside of us that not only shapes and molds who we are, but deeply affects how we feel about life. As part of that process, it affects our view of the world. And of course, our view of the world is the world that we get to live in.

Nothing above is meant to make, say, a cancer victim feel guilty. This is not a "We create our reality" kind of thing. "We" don't even exist as a personal something; with what are "we" going to create?

No, it's more subtle than that. Essentially, everything we do is controlled by how we "choose" to see it. At the deepest level everything is being done by the one energy and there are no "choices" whatever, but at the level where we appear to be personal beings making "choices," the really core choice is how we choose to experience what happens.

That in turn has a lot to do with surrender. It has a lot to do with acceptance, love, gratitude for this existence just as it is, in all of its splendid and necessary duality. Even the duality doesn't actually exist, but to our human minds it appears that existence contains endless duality—good and bad, beautiful and ugly, up and down, light and dark, summer and winter, on and on.

When we love and accept the world as it is, we are loving and accepting ourself at the same instant. Because there is no separation—the world is us, we are it, it is us, it is itself—"choose" your phrase.

So, if you are feeling dissatisfied with your life or your current situation, "try" asking yourself these questions: Who do you think is running the show? Where do you think your real security is coming from? Do you trust it/you or not?

Of course, if you realize your own non-existence, the whole issue of security immediately goes out the window. Because who is it that's supposed to be made secure? The question becomes unanswerable, because you forget to be concerned with asking it.

Again, this doesn't mean that we don't "take action." We might very well be a whirlwind of action, but we also see that there's nobody doing anything. It's all just happening, by itself, as itself.

Reality becomes awake to itself when we become awake to it. We, as it, are also the vessel through which "it" moves.

Return to Top
#129174 - 11/12/03 09:25 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Absolutely none of this has any bearing on the topic, and once again this person who really isn't anonymouse to anyone who has been on BOL for awhile spews forth.

You do have your sucesses R.

Return to Top
#129175 - 11/12/03 10:14 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Absolutely none of this has any bearing on the topic, and once again this person who really isn't anonymouse to anyone who has been on BOL for awhile spews forth.
You do have your sucesses R.

Don - now you are trying to control what happens on the couch? When it comes to the couch, the subject may not be the subject at all. Stick to what you know.

Return to Top
#129176 - 11/12/03 10:31 PM Re: If there life after banking...
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Quote:

90% of the "registered" users are anonymous, Brigette. What is your last name, email, company, etc. At least you put your first name on your profile...many don't even do that.

Quote:

Don - now you are trying to control what happens on the couch? When it comes to the couch, the subject may not be the subject at all. Stick to what you know.

"Everybody loves Raymond!"

Maybe you should go back on your meds and watch one of those Arizona sunsets Ray.....

Return to Top
#129177 - 11/13/03 01:14 AM Re: If there life after banking...
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
"It's nice for management that you have taken on all those goals yourself, but unless you are part of senior management those are not your goals, just delegated goals. My compliments to your management team for being able to create the illusion that you also have those goals as a worker bee. But all you are is a worker bee on a well torn path."

Actually, I am management. But I got there because I always cared about my work and have always worked hard. And if I wasn't rewarded, I moved on to a place that would reward my hard work. When something has my name on it, it is going to be done to the best of my ability.

I think you do need to get your prescription refilled. Or at least get into another line of work, if you are in banking. You are totally burned out and over it. Time to move on.

www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#129178 - 11/13/03 04:10 AM Re: If there life after banking...
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Existence is a mirror. Whatever vibration we're putting out gets reflected back to us. If we smile at others, they smile back. If we scowl at others, they scowl back. If we're in love with the universe, we feel loved back. It all happens instantaneously.

In that respect I disagree with the idea of karma. Karma exists, in my opinion, but it happens instantaneously. It is always paid off at the instant the debt is incurred. The very act of being brutal to someone shapes us, molds us in that very moment to who we are. The act of being kind to someone also shapes and molds us—and our experience of life—in the very process of being so.

How true...

Return to Top
#129179 - 11/13/03 03:21 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Actually, I am management.

I think you do need to get your prescription refilled.

But not SENIOR management and it's a lot easier to take on goals that are not directly assigned to you.

The second statement is the calf path, following the lead of posts above your, all of which I don't understand, but I do recognize the source.

Return to Top
#129180 - 11/13/03 05:06 PM Re: If there life after banking...

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I am ending this now because it is a waste of time. I am an SVP, but you wouldn't know that would you.

Return to Top
#129181 - 11/13/03 06:13 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Peepers Offline
10K Club
You go Kath.

Someday I’ll be a SVP, but right now I’m just a lowly Assistant VP (or worker bee in Anon’s world).

Actually, I didn’t have much to add to this thread, as entertaining as it is though.

I really just wanted to get my 100th post.

Return to Top
#129182 - 11/13/03 06:53 PM Re: If there life after banking...

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Congratulations on your 100th post! I too was a lowly worker bee once upon a time (but a hard working worker bee), now I am an overworked senior manager..a bigger bee! But I still like banking!

Return to Top
#129183 - 11/13/03 08:13 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I am ending this now because it is a waste of time. I am an SVP, but you wouldn't know that would you.

Well, here we have it - a Queen Bee!

But, since this is about life after banking, keep in mind that come the first sharp drop in temperature and frosts the old queen, her workers and the independent drones will die. Only the newly mated queens will survive in hibernation to begin the cycle again the following Spring.

Return to Top
#129184 - 11/13/03 09:29 PM Re: If there life after banking...
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Hey Kath, just passing through, I heard that R.. fellow was acting up again and I had to see for myself, kinda like a wreck on the side of the road--you really don't want to know, but you just can't help yourself. Anyway, drop by the WC and I'll buy you a VUD, maybe Mr. Clean will whip up some new snacks for us.

Return to Top
#129185 - 11/13/03 09:30 PM Re: If there life after banking...
Risk Officer Offline
100 Club
Dallas
Ray, while I wouldn't dream of suggesting that you stop your irrational, ridiculous and mostly annoying posts, you might consider avoiding the direct attacks on people. You might even consider getting some help (or medication) to help your outlook on life. Just a thought...

Return to Top
#129186 - 11/13/03 10:16 PM Re: If there life after banking...

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
That is sort of how I felt about it! You just keep looking 'cause you just can't believe it. Fortunately I am feeling quite mellow as I just returned from vacation. Dawn would have liked it because we drank a LOT of wine!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett