Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1293517 - 11/25/09 04:36 PM Third Party Verification
one auditor Offline
100 Club
Midwest
I have received a third party verification from a company representing a financial institution asking for verification of information provided on a loan application by a former employee of our institution. This third party company appears to be one that is used when a customer's loan with that financial institution is in serious default or perhaps a fraudulant situation might be occuring with it.

The question I have is when I receive this third party verification from a company acting on behalf of the financial institution is there any due deligence that I have to perform before providing information requested in the conformation sent by the thrid party company which asking for former position, monhtly earnings as reported on the original loan application back in 2007. Do I need a sign off by the financial institution that the third party company is acting on behalf of them.

The document received form this third party company is entitled "Borrowers Certification & Authorization" dated 2007 and signed by the customer of the financial institution.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1294288 - 11/26/09 11:08 PM Re: Third Party Verification one auditor
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are uncomfortable with the request, you are under no obligation to provide any information even if you have a signed authorization by the individual. If they want it that bad, tell them to get a subpoena.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry