Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Thread Options
#129364 - 11/07/03 05:44 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Magic Banker, here's another fiver! That was a cute trick.

Mr C- It is after 12 in NJ, I think I'll have a special with extra olives (I have to eat something for lunch!).

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#129365 - 11/07/03 05:59 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
This is quite a hotspot. I think we may have to enlarge the bar Mr. Clean. In one short morning, we have become the #18 most posted thread in the Watercooler. We have 440 views and 101 posts (unless someone beats me to the punch). That is almost one post for every four views. Compare that with the BOL bar that had one post for every 10 views.

Mr. Clean--I like our chances of staying in business. Of course, that is only if you kind folks keep ordering the drinks and food. I think Mr. Clean forgot to tell you about Mel , our cook. We have a full menu. Go ask Alice and she will get your order in.

Return to Top
#129366 - 11/07/03 06:13 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
Quote:

Retread - if my math is correct, and assuming you were not a whiz kid who graduated college at 16, or conversely, a slacker who experienced 6th grade for a few years, I put you at 61.

CubDave, There's nothing wrong with your math. Actually, I did participate in an accelerated program in high school and college and graduated from college just before my 19th birthday. JFK was assassinated five months after my 18th birthday and six months before I graduated. Sometimes I regret going through the program because it was so difficult to get a meaningful job at that age. Oh well, think I'll have that drink with the extra olives.

Return to Top
#129367 - 11/07/03 06:19 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
RFitzpatrick Offline
Gold Star
RFitzpatrick
Pacific NW
Boy you guys start early (5:36 first post my time)

The last time I remember being up that early to party was a "hardcore" kegger in college. It was on the Sunday morning that Mt. St. Helens blew. Snowed ash for two days and closed the school to end my freshman year. No finals, and probably saved me from flunking out . The date (do you know?) should cover my ID.

But it's still too early for me. I'd like tea, Earl Grey, double bergamot, hot.

Return to Top
#129368 - 11/07/03 06:21 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
baseballfan Offline
100 Club
baseballfan
Midwest
Magic you are doing great, here's a fiver from me. Also, what do you recommend from Mel. Its lunchtime here and I will have another special with extra olives.

Return to Top
#129369 - 11/07/03 06:24 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Hey madams, how ya doin'? I haven't seen you since last Friday. Have you seen Dawnie? No? Did you check behind the bar on the floor?

Return to Top
#129370 - 11/07/03 06:33 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
baseballfan Offline
100 Club
baseballfan
Midwest
I am doing great today. I have been busy all week with examiners. I have not seen Dawnie anywhere, but I forgot to look behind the bar. If I keep it up, I might not be in any better shape than that!!

Return to Top
#129371 - 11/07/03 06:41 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Welcome everyone-even you late West Coasters Thanks for kicking the new place off with a real bang!! But I knew the BOL crowd would know how to get a fine bar, such as this place, off the ground.

madams try my spicy wontons, Maria and EGB give them four thumbs up

Return to Top
#129372 - 11/07/03 06:45 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England

Quote:

Mr. Clean--I like our chances of staying in business. Of course, that is only if you kind folks keep ordering the drinks and food.

Hey Z it's not polite to count the money in front of the customers!!

And some people said Lawyers and Law Enforcement couldn't work together

Return to Top
#129373 - 11/07/03 07:07 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I agree with madams. I don't remember as much as some of you folks, but I do remember the Challenger explosion and when the hostages were released in Iran (1979?). We watched it on TV in my Kindergarten classroom. I don't know any jokes to make Tiny laugh, but I am over 21, so can I still come in?

Return to Top
#129374 - 11/07/03 07:09 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Please don't forget to RATE us. The virtual Zagat's rating is very important to our continued excellent service. See the rating button below.

Quote:

Have you seen Dawnie? No? Did you check behind the bar on the floor?

Don't forget that if Dawnie has been missing for a week, she is not behind our bar, she is behind the bar over at the BOL bar. This bar just opened today. Will someone go over to the BOL bar and see if she is still hanging out there? If we don't find her soon, I'll just have Magic conjure her up.

OK, OK, I've put down the money, but these new $20's are so kewl. Or maybe its just the 32 million dollar in advertising that has brainwashed me into thinking it is kewl.

Return to Top
#129375 - 11/07/03 07:14 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quick Angie I think Tiny is in the bathroom, come on in and get your drink!!

Return to Top
#129376 - 11/07/03 07:18 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
I like the place already. Set me up w/ a Glenfidich Solaro Reserve rocks please.

Cool. The last time I saw a backgamon table in a bar was at Angel's in Boise, ID about 1981. Anybody remember how to play backgamon? Remember that line from the start of the Buck Rogers movie "put away your cards and get out your backgamon sets, Buck is back". (?) Feeling old again.

Return to Top
#129377 - 11/07/03 07:22 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Hey, Z, I looked at the old BOL bar and even your old place, and Dawnie wasn't there! Maybe Magic B can find her.

And Omega, I was the backgammon champ of my floor in college (except when we had the grain punch parties)! Wanna play?

Return to Top
#129378 - 11/07/03 07:23 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Thanks, Mr. Clean. So tell me, what's the drink special for today?

Return to Top
#129379 - 11/07/03 07:24 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Here’s a joke for Tiny:

Fred and Ethel just got married and they went to the County Fair. There were airplane ride for $10. Fred said to Ethel I’ve never ridden in one of those aeroplanes and Ethel said but it costs 10 dollars and 10 dollars is 10 dollars. Fred didn’t get his ride.

On their 25th anniversary they go back to the County Fair. The airplane rides were still there. Fred said to Ethel I’ve never ridden in one of those aeroplanes and Ethel said but it costs 10 dollars and 10 dollars is 10 dollars. Fred didn’t get his ride.

On their 50th anniversary they go back to the County Fair. The airplane rides were still there. Fred said to Ethel I’ve never ridden in one of those aeroplanes and Ethel said but it costs 10 dollars and 10 dollars is 10 dollars. Fred said yeah but if I don’t do it now it’ll be too late.

The pilot overhears them and said I’ll make you a deal I’ll take you both for a ride in the bi-plane and if neither of you says a word the ride will be free, but one word you pay.
Fred and Ethel agree.

The pilot takes them up and does all sorts of barrel rolls, loop the loops, power dives, etc. He thought for sure he’d get a sound out of Fred and Ethel but neither of them uttered a sound.

When the pilot helped Fred out the plane, he said sir you really impressed me, with all the dare devil stunts I did ya’ll never said a word.

Fred said young man that was quite a ride and when Ethel fell out on the first loop the loop I thought about saying something, but 10 dollars is 10 dollars.

Return to Top
#129380 - 11/07/03 07:27 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Czargazer Offline
Gold Star
Czargazer
Pacific Northwest
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but while no one was looking Magic switched all the cards! So of course your card isn't there, none of the original cards are!

Oh, as for Tiny... well my parents tell me Mt. St. Helens blew shortly after I was born, so that makes me good doesn't it? Allright, so I'm young, but I remember 8-tracks and records, one of my favorite things to do as a kid was listen to Bill Cosby's routines on record.

Could I have a nice smooth Henry Weinhard's Root Beer? And I'll drive, BTW.

Return to Top
#129381 - 11/07/03 07:33 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
Quote:

As to the name of this establishment: Mr. Clean + zaibatsu = Cleabatsu's ("Where everyone knows your username")

You could have called it "Take a CIP" ("Where everyone knows your name, street address, ID number and Date of Birth")

Return to Top
#129382 - 11/07/03 07:41 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Belly up to the bar and join the discussion. The topic was started by Cliff Claven, who snuck in while Tiny was in the bathroom. (Note to Mr. Clean: Buy some air freshener.) The topic is Cheesiest Movie Scene. Here are some suggestions: Cheesiest Movie Scenes

Return to Top
#129383 - 11/07/03 07:44 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Hey guys how about lettin me in. I remember seeing "True Grit" when it was released in the movie theaters and I was a junior in college when Challenger exploded. Hey Tiny, "My mom said she learned to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, Mom they weren't trying to teach you how to swim." I'll take some Knob Creek straight up if you please and make it a dirty glass.

Return to Top
#129384 - 11/07/03 07:49 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
I just went ahead and ordered my Scotch. Was I supose to check with that "mountain" at the door?

Return to Top
#129385 - 11/07/03 07:53 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

I just went ahead and ordered my Scotch. Was I supose to check with that "mountain" at the door?

You must have gotten a thumbs up when you mentioned backgammon Tiny always was a sucker for games of all types!

One scotch coming right up.

Return to Top
#129386 - 11/07/03 07:53 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
I could use a drink today. Does hosting the Texaco Star Theatre in the early days of TV get me in?

Return to Top
#129387 - 11/07/03 07:55 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

I could use a drink today. Does hosting the Texaco Star Theatre in the early days of TV get me in?

One would think your name Uncle Milty would gain you entry...however now we all want to hear a story about your hosting days!!

Return to Top
#129388 - 11/07/03 07:56 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Czargazer--Tiny is still laughing out loud because the same thing happened to his mom, but it was only the two of them in the boat at the time. He served his time and is real, real sorry. Let's keep this our little secret. Tiny is laughing too hard to give you entrance, so I will admit you. Have fun!

Return to Top
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13