Page 40 of 94 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 93 94
Thread Options
#1298787 - 12/04/09 03:17 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Quote:
Just saw this today. Did anyone listen to yesterday's presentation? Are these all going to address different topics? I really haven't time to listen to all five of them!

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Also wondering how you access the "live online presentation" or even the recording of it. I don't see in the press release where the instructions are, and none of them are listed on the Webcast page of HUD's website.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
RESPA
#1298790 - 12/04/09 03:20 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
Steve Doty Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
Originally Posted By: RR joker
Originally Posted By: pjs
Originally Posted By: ArrowHead
ForceFull1,

You will choose option #1, since you know the institution will be eating the fee prior to issuing the GFE.

I still have problems with that issue of the credit bureau fee- we don't waive it, we never charged the customer for it ever- I would not say the bank eats the fee- I'd say we pay the bill at the end of the month. I don't see how you should put a fee down when you never ever charged a borrower for it. It's not a hidden fee, it's not combined with any other fee either. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

pjs, I have the very same problem and have had forEVER. We don't know the charge until we get the bill which is often WAY after closing. It's always been a problem. Not a problem on secondary market, but is a problem for our in-house loans, mortgage or otherwise.

The ONLY thing I can think of to do (but haven't done it yet) is use "average charge" for that fee and show an "average credit"...it's not going to affect the borrower one way or the other. My other choice is to continue ignoring it all together. wink

Remember the settlement agent shall complete the HUD to itemize all charges upon the borrower and the seller by the lender....whether to be paid at settlement or outside of settlement...... If the bank is paying the bill at the end of the month or on each loan. It is still waiving, eating, or paying this fee for the customer. Even with todays rules it should be listed as "POC" if that is the banks practice.

As far as not knowing the actual charge, you hit it on the head! I think we will be seeing more banks start utilizing the average charge method.

Return to Top
#1298800 - 12/04/09 03:23 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ImGoinNuts
Steve Doty Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
Originally Posted By: Alwayscompliant
I'm sure this is a crazy question and I'm probably overthinking this - but on the HUD FAQ's - there is a question on the P.O.C.'s (which no longer exists on the GFE)- and the answer included the statement "The standardized GFE form does not allow information to be included on any part of those totals that would be paid outside of closing. Such information would not help borrowers to shop for loans and would not facilitate comparison of the charges on the GFE with the charges on the HUD-1."

So my question is - if it is P.O.C. (for example, homeowner's insurance on a refi) - do we not include the amount at all on the GFE?

I think I need to go back to the beginning and start over...

The GFE will need to include an estimate of charges (estimate...thats a laugh) that the borrower will "likely to incur". The insurance will need to be on the GFE,then listed as POC on the settlement statement.

Return to Top
#1298864 - 12/04/09 03:48 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Reads Regs
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Originally Posted By: Reads Regs
Thanks for posting this. Would you please provide a link to where you saw this?

I just saw a press release regarding live online presentations being offered by HUD about the RESPA changes. Here's a link to the press release.

http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page/portal/HUD/press/press_releases_media_advisories/2009/HUDNo.09-218

it must be an age thing....I went to the link, and read the press release. My question is....how do I go about viewing a session? I went to HUD's website, and there is nothing there about a webcast for RESPA. Anyone know how to access it?

Return to Top
#1298936 - 12/04/09 04:28 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 TINKerBell
Cloud9 Offline
100 Club
Can someone clear this up for me? I have a question pertaining to loans with real estate collateral and additional collateral such as a car or a recreational vehicle. If we are providing a hud-1 or hud-1A settlement statement to the borrower, would we also list the UCC filing fee and or the Secured Title fee for the car/rv on the settlement statement as well? What about VSI? If they should be on the HUD-1 could you tell me on what lines? Thank you!!

Return to Top
#1298995 - 12/04/09 05:10 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Cloud9
river girl Offline
Diamond Poster
On the GFE, blocks 9 and 11. If this is a purchase and we require 1 years homeowners paid by borrower upfront and they want to escrow for future payments, would we would include the annaul cost of homeonwers in block 11 and 3 months worth (if that is what our escrow requires) included in block 9?

What about for a refinance? If they borrower already has insurance but wants to escrow on the new loan - do we still list fee for 1 year of insu on block 11?

When these flow over to the HUD and we complete lines 903 and 1002 - are we placing the fees in both areas? that seems to me like we are double listing the fee.

Return to Top
#1299053 - 12/04/09 05:42 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 river girl
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Originally Posted By: river girl
On the GFE, blocks 9 and 11. If this is a purchase and we require 1 years homeowners paid by borrower upfront and they want to escrow for future payments, would we would include the annaul cost of homeonwers in block 11 and 3 months worth (if that is what our escrow requires) included in block 9?

You would include the annual cost in Block 11. You would calculate the opening deposit (using an aggregate analysis) for Block 9.

Quote:
What about for a refinance? If they borrower already has insurance but wants to escrow on the new loan - do we still list fee for 1 year of insu on block 11?

Yes. Because you require insurance to be paid to make a home loan, you must list the insurance in Block 11.

Quote:
When these flow over to the HUD and we complete lines 903 and 1002 - are we placing the fees in both areas? that seems to me like we are double listing the fee.

Line 903 would be the cross over from Block 11. The 1000 series would be the Block 9 amount. It isn't doubling up. It's showing what you need to close the loan (Block 11 - 903) and what you need to establish the escrow for next year's payment (Block 9 - 1001).

Return to Top
#1299065 - 12/04/09 05:58 PM RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP CalifDreamin
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
RESPA Plain English HUD PowerPoint

I just found this on Hud's website. It is the slides from yesterday's first Plain English Webcast.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#1299101 - 12/04/09 06:24 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP Patsy Cline
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
Thank you!! Now we need them to post the archive of yesterday's web cast.

Return to Top
#1299108 - 12/04/09 06:28 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP Patsy Cline
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
FlamingoGal & Tink, I went to the link Tink used and clicked on Schedule of Upcoming Webcasts. That took me here where it says
Quote:
Live links for the webcast and training materials will appear in a box on the webcast page approximately 1/2 hour before the broadcast taking you to the video.
Note, the times they're using are EST.

Return to Top
#1299147 - 12/04/09 06:51 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 David Dickinson
SnuffytheSeal Offline
Gold Star
State of Confusion
Quote:

Yes. Because you require insurance to be paid to make a home loan, you must list the insurance in Block 11.

That doesn't make sense to me - there is no premium due. To include one in Block 11 implies that the applicants will be paying that at closing. (Not that anything about this rule makes sense) We will not be displaying the premium at closing...

Quote:

Line 903 would be the cross over from Block 11. The 1000 series would be the Block 9 amount. It isn't doubling up. It's showing what you need to close the loan (Block 11 - 903) and what you need to establish the escrow for next year's payment (Block 9 - 1001). [/quote]

Return to Top
#1299174 - 12/04/09 07:03 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Cowboys Fan
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Cowboys Fan
Q and A Use the same sign on that you used for the Webinar and the Q and A is at the top.
The webinar is no longer in the list. David, how can I obtain a copy?

Return to Top
#1299280 - 12/04/09 08:07 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 swiggles
Mr. E. Offline
100 Club
Mr. E.
New England
I just reviewed HUD's RESPA training Powerpoint presentation. I'm a little concerned. In the Wholesale origination charges section of the examples, I don't think that they are expressing the YSP properly. I thought that we included the YSP in box 1 and backed it out in box 2.2.The Hud example does not appear to be including the YSP in the Origination charges. Is this correct? (I hope not)

Return to Top
#1299291 - 12/04/09 08:16 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 swiggles
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
To get the Webinar Q&As (or any webinar info), you'll need to contact BOL. I simply speak for them. I have no control or access over the materials.

Return to Top
#1299303 - 12/04/09 08:25 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Cloud9
Cloud9 Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By: Cloud9
Can someone clear this up for me? I have a question pertaining to loans with real estate collateral and additional collateral such as a car or a recreational vehicle. If we are providing a hud-1 or hud-1A settlement statement to the borrower, would we also list the UCC filing fee and or the Secured Title fee for the car/rv on the settlement statement as well? What about VSI? If they should be on the HUD-1 could you tell me on what lines? Thank you!!

Anyone? Please?

Return to Top
#1299313 - 12/04/09 08:32 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP Patsy Cline
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Originally Posted By: Lady Joey's Mom

I just found this on Hud's website. It is the slides from yesterday's first Plain English Webcast.

Thanks. Maybe I'm just dense, but I can't figure out how to sign up for their training. Here's a link to the announcement, but I don't see any instructions:
http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page/portal/HUD/press/press_releases_media_advisories/2009/HUDNo.09-218

Also, isn't it nice how they announced the training on the same day as the first session. Like this was a surprise - last minute decision of theirs???? They also don't list this in the Webcast schedule and they don't have the training from Thursday in the archives yet.

Return to Top
#1299330 - 12/04/09 08:45 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP David Dickinson
Clint,,,,, Offline
Gold Star
Clint,,,,,
Way Out West
David,

What else can you expect from DUH!!!!!

Return to Top
#1299343 - 12/04/09 08:53 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP Clint,,,,,
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
If ever there was a regulatory agency that needed to be replaced........

I wish that RESPA could be taken away from HUD and given to FRB to write. OR - remove all LENDER related provisions to RESPA and fold them into Regulation Z. Then HUD could simply concentrate on abuses by the real estate brokers, home developers, escrow and title companies (and there are PLENTY of abuses there but little enforcement it seems.)

Return to Top
#1299352 - 12/04/09 08:57 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Mr. E.
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Yaz8
I just reviewed HUD's RESPA training Powerpoint presentation. I'm a little concerned. In the Wholesale origination charges section of the examples, I don't think that they are expressing the YSP properly. I thought that we included the YSP in box 1 and backed it out in box 2.2.The Hud example does not appear to be including the YSP in the Origination charges. Is this correct? (I hope not)

Think about it. Hud's intent for YSP is for all of it to go to the borrower, after all it's THEY that are buying their rate up...so I wouldn't imagine them doing it any other way.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1299356 - 12/04/09 08:59 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP Truffle Royale
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
FlamingoGal & Tink, I went to the link Tink used and clicked on Schedule of Upcoming Webcasts. That took me here where it says
Quote:
Live links for the webcast and training materials will appear in a box on the webcast page approximately 1/2 hour before the broadcast taking you to the video.
Note, the times they're using are EST.

Here's the information about the HUD webcasts that I posted earlier today.

Return to Top
#1299363 - 12/04/09 09:03 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Cloud9
Sage Offline
Platinum Poster
I looked at the HUD Plain English slides and do I understand this correctly? It says we have to redisclose the GFE at the time we rate lock? What dates do you then "update" in the Important Dates section? Do they mean the 10 days?
Last edited by Sage; 12/04/09 09:26 PM. Reason: typo
Return to Top
#1299379 - 12/04/09 09:18 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Sage
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Without looking, I would imagine they mean how long the lock is good for and change 4 to NA.
Last edited by RR joker; 12/04/09 09:20 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1299651 - 12/06/09 04:30 AM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP David Dickinson
Sheldon Hendrix Offline
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
Originally Posted By: David Dickinson
Originally Posted By: Lady Joey's Mom

Thanks. Maybe I'm just dense, but I can't figure out how to sign up for their training. Here's a link to the announcement, but I don't see any instructions:

Ditto. If anyone figures out how to sign up will you please post.

Return to Top
#1299653 - 12/06/09 01:30 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP Sheldon Hendrix
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There is no sign up required.

Q. I heard a webcast has been scheduled but I don't see it listed on your website.

Answer:Notices of upcoming webcasts usually appear on the webcast schedule about one week before they air. Live links for the show appear about 30 minutes before the show starts.

Return to Top
#1299673 - 12/06/09 08:47 PM Re: RESPA "Plain English" Hud's PP rlcarey
Sheldon Hendrix Offline
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
This may have already been addressed in this forum, but its grown way to big for me to dig through. If we are not escrowing, does the the escrow section on the first page of the GFE still need to contain the amount of the monthly payment from the "Summary of your loan" section? The instructions and Q&As make it appear that we should, but aren't direct in answering this.

Return to Top
Page 40 of 94 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 93 94

Moderator:  QCL