Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1303634 - 12/11/09 04:05 PM CTR Question
parr04 Offline
Gold Star
oklahoma
We have a business owner who sent an employee to cash a check drawn on the corporate account and made payable to cash. The check is for $ 15,000.00 and we have verified the transaction is authorized and valid.

Who would be listed in section "A" Persons on Whose Behalf Ttransaction(s) is conducted of-- the person who gets the cash or the corporation?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1303685 - 12/11/09 04:30 PM Re: CTR Question parr04
ComplianceGurl, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
I just ran across this very same situation the other day. We actually filed on the person who cashed the check and walked out with the money. I'm curious to see if anyone feels differently.

Return to Top
#1303697 - 12/11/09 04:38 PM Re: CTR Question ComplianceGurl, CRCM
Steeler fan Offline
New Poster
Michigan
It all depends on who the transaction is really be done on behalf of. If the individual who is in your branch says he is taking the money back to the owner of the business then it appears that the business would be listed in section A. If you know the individual is keeping the money for themself then they would be listed in Section A.

This is a perfect situation where a question by the teller to the individual needs to be asked and that should hopefully provide the answer.

Return to Top
#1304095 - 12/11/09 09:16 PM Re: CTR Question Steeler fan
ComplianceGurl, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Ok..so I'm going to put on my criminal hat. cool So let's say the check is made payable to cash for $15,000, but I really don't want my name on the CTR as the person who benefited from it. I'll just say it's going back to John Doe at the office. I always thought for CTR purposes the person or persons walking out of the FI is the one benefitting from it?

Return to Top
#1304168 - 12/11/09 09:57 PM Re: CTR Question ComplianceGurl, CRCM
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Your name will still go on the CTR in Section B as the conductor of the transaction.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z