Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1306366 - 12/15/09 05:52 PM Audit Director's Annual Report to the Board
one auditor Offline
100 Club
Midwest
Due to a recent examination, our Audit Department, specifically the Manager, has been directed to provide the Board of Directors, on an annual basis, a report on audit activities and an opinion on the bank's overall condition of controls and operations. The report is to further include an assessment regarding the quality of ongoing operations being either satisfactory or unsatisfactory.

Does anyone perform this type of annual reporting (or something similar to it) to the Board, and if so, is it done verbally or in a written format? I am looking for any input as to how to perform this and any examples of report formats and topics. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#1306995 - 12/16/09 01:15 PM Re: Audit Director's Annual Report to the Board one auditor
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Isn't this communicated to the Audit Committee already? It sounds like it would just be a recap of the last twelve months of Audit Committee presentations.

Return to Top
#1311759 - 12/22/09 08:30 PM Re: Audit Director's Annual Report to the Board rlcarey
BSBIA Offline
New Poster
We were told to do this as well after a FRB exam. I present a written report the board at the January meeting highlighting the major events from the past year and how the overall performance of the bank is doing in my opinion. Then I open up the floor for a Q & A session. This format is acceptable to our examiners and external audit group.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z