BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1312663 - 12/23/09 07:32 PM Stupid Reg CC Question
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
OK, at this point my brain is fixated on sugar plums and I can't for the life of me figure anything out right now....

I am in the middle of updating our compliance policies, specifically Reg CC at the moment, and am trying to figue out the longest hold we can put on under a new account exception. After the consolidation is completed, would it be 9 or 11 days? (Our current policy lists 10...I inherited it....)

Thanks so much for any help!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1312698 - 12/23/09 07:58 PM Re: Stupid Reg CC Question Dani York, CRCM
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Other than next-day items, Reg CC doesn't set a limit on the number of days you can hold other local and non-local checks deposited to new accounts. That is set by bank policy and is not affected by the consolidation of check processing centers. For next-day items, you can hold the amount exceeding $5,000 for 9 days.
Last edited by Kelsey D; 12/23/09 08:01 PM.
Return to Top
#1312730 - 12/23/09 08:15 PM Re: Stupid Reg CC Question Kelsey D
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Return to Top
#1312736 - 12/23/09 08:20 PM Re: Stupid Reg CC Question Dani York, CRCM
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
You too! And don't feel bad about being fixated on sugar plums. For the most part, I'm here physically, but mentally I'm going through the 50 things I need to do before Christmas!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett