Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1312664 - 12/23/09 07:32 PM BAI Certifications
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Does anyone know what is going on at BAI regarding their certification programs? I noted their website states that applications are not being accepted at this time and I cannot readily find the CPE page. Also, I have been unable to get someone to answer the phone.

Return to Top
Risk Management
#1312884 - 12/23/09 09:13 PM Re: BAI Certifications Last Mango
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
If I recall correctly when I was able to contact them a few weeks ago they said that they were no longer in the certification business and were focusing their mission elsewhere. I don't remember if I saved the e-mail, but I'll look for it.

Return to Top
#1313426 - 12/24/09 05:48 PM Re: BAI Certifications Doug Hendrickson
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
That's a shame. I worked hard to get my CRP designation and am proud of it. I am sure others are dissapointed as well.

Return to Top
#1313847 - 12/28/09 06:06 PM Re: BAI Certifications Doug Hendrickson
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Finally got someone on the phone. She said that the certification offerings are on hiatus until management reviews the programs. During this period, the BAI will support the exisitng certification holders and CPE reporting will be accepted. They intend to bill existing cert holders in January.

After reviweing the design of their website, it seems to me that they will eventually drop all programs just like they abandoned the CBCO. As far as I am concerned, I would not give another nickel to this organization.

Return to Top
#1313858 - 12/28/09 06:19 PM Re: BAI Certifications Last Mango
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
How are they supporting it? But they still want the fees for the certifications. I thought their ACE conference was excellent and they dropped that too. They used to be a good company, I don't understand it.

Return to Top
#1321002 - 01/08/10 05:04 PM Re: BAI Certifications Comply 101
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
The rep did not say how they would support everyone's existing certs. I guess she meant that they would gladly continue to take our money. Come to think of it, I am not sure that they ever did really support the CRP as a professional designation. What did anyone really receive from the annual fees? smirk I am not one who usually bashes any organization, but it is ridiculous for that rep to say that we will no longer take apps for the certs because BAI is reviewing what it wants to do and then tell me to go ahead and make a payment for my existing cert. BAI should be up front with everyone and put out a statement on its intentions.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z