Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1321793 - 01/11/10 04:11 PM Changed Circumstance Log?
CathRugg Offline
How is everyone handling the requirement to keep track of changed circumstances and redisclosing?

I don't want to overcomplicate things but I wonder if our files should all have a simple log and if we need it, we have it and if we don't, it will just stay in the file blank?

I am so afraid our processors or loan officers will miss something!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1321893 - 01/11/10 05:30 PM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? CathRugg
manylayers Offline
Gold Star
manylayers
PA
we are planning to track it electronically, but with the same thought that you have. If there is a changed circumstance, we want it detailed CLEARLY in the file what the change was and why we deemed it to be a changed circumstance and the action we took as a result.

Return to Top
#1321946 - 01/11/10 06:25 PM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? manylayers
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Ditto Manylayers. I have instructed our disclsoure processor not to redisclose without proper documentation and my approval. Our LOS is set up so after the first disclosure is sent, a new one can not be generated without supervisory override.

Return to Top
#1323407 - 01/13/10 01:41 AM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? TB 12
jlroberts Offline
Diamond Poster
jlroberts
Ohio
Our LOS is tracking this for us. When we change the GFE we get a box that pops up for re-disclosure purpose, then it lists the HUD defined reasons. We can print the GFE history for the file which is backed up with the proper documentation.

Return to Top
#1323408 - 01/13/10 02:14 AM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? jlroberts
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We too will require a description sheet to be included in the file detailing the reasoning for the additional GFE.

Return to Top
#1324811 - 01/14/10 07:03 PM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? #Just Jay
Farm Girl Offline
Missouri
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
We too will require a description sheet to be included in the file detailing the reasoning for the additional GFE.

Just Jay----would you be willing to share your description sheet for details on your changed circumstances???

Return to Top
#1324817 - 01/14/10 07:07 PM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? Farm Girl
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
no formal form... either an email, basic word doc, or a printout from the notepad on the LOS.

Return to Top
#1324840 - 01/14/10 07:18 PM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? #Just Jay
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
When I audit loan files this year, I will be looking for something (in the system, in the loan file) that will explain the transaction to me (initial GFE, revised GFE and why, dates, etc.)

Without some sort of documentation you won't know what occurred or why it occurred when you have to look at an older file if questions arise from the customer (or their attorney), an auditor or an examiner.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1324893 - 01/14/10 07:58 PM Re: Changed Circumstance Log? Kathleen O. Blanchard
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
We sell loans on the secondary market to a major west coast bank; they have a changed circumstances sheet that must be placed with the GFE in each case to document the blessed event.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z