Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1325956 - 01/15/10 10:28 PM CSR's changing email addresses on E-Statements
Gandalf Offline
New Poster
Customers are able to change their email address online without employee involvement. As an option, customers can call a CSR at the bank to have their email address updated.

My concern is that by allowing CSR's to do this they can re-direct the e-statement to be sent to a different person to conceal any improper activity going on with their account. I realize they have online banking but so do many of our customers with paper bank statements and we require them to sign something for any mailing address change. I would think this would apply to email addresses if CSR's can change them.

How is everyone else handling this?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1326107 - 01/16/10 06:32 PM Re: CSR's changing email addresses on E-Statements Gandalf
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Do your customers' receive a notice that their email address has been changed? Every bank and other company (insurance, travel points, etc.) sends me a notice at my original email acct when I make any changes to my profile.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1326746 - 01/19/10 08:18 PM Re: CSR's changing email addresses on E-Statements Kathleen O. Blanchard
Gandalf Offline
New Poster
Our customer's do receive an email notice if they change their email address themselves online. We are unsure if this email notice occurs if a CSR does this on behalf of a customer internally on our core processing system. We are now checking.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z