Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#13280 - 03/14/02 03:54 PM Credit Union Seminars
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
I just recently moved and I am no longer working for a bank - I have now entered the world of credit unions. I still love using all of my familiar sites - like BankersOnline! I can't give that up. I also love all of the banking seminars I used to attend, but it sounds like I now have to find ones specific to credit unions. Any suggestions on who offers good seminars and training for credit unions? Something that can compare to the quality of ABA, CBA (Calif. Bankers), etc.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
General Discussion
#13281 - 03/14/02 05:18 PM Re: Credit Union Seminars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi B. Dyess. Where do you work now? Complete your used ID info so your ABA Compliance School friends can stay in touch

Return to Top
#13282 - 03/14/02 05:46 PM Re: Credit Union Seminars
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Try cuna.org. They will give you information about seminars and education that they offer and they will also send you to the credit union league for your particular state. Your state league should have good seminars that are closer to home.

Return to Top
#13283 - 03/15/02 05:58 PM Re: Credit Union Seminars
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Thanks David!
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#13284 - 03/16/02 11:59 AM Re: Credit Union Seminars
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
BDyess:

In addition to the state leagues and CUNA, many credit unions participate in Regional Learning Centers (RLCs) that offer an abundance of staff and supervisor training seminars. Contact your state league for information on these organizations.

Just because you now work for a credit union doesn't necessarily preclude you from attending bank seminars. In many of the week-long Bank Security Schools that I developed and managed for ABA and BAI, an average of 20% of the participants worked for credit unions. I don't recall any fights among the participants . . . and the alternate viewpoints proved valuable.

Credit Union Executives Society (CUES - www.cues.org) produces events that are applicable to supervisors, managers and executives. And if you haven't joined as yet, please consider membership in the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS - www.asisonline.org). ASIS chapters operate in every state and they frequently offer regional, state and national training events that are applicable to many industries -- including financial institutions of all types.

Return to Top