BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21
Thread Options
#1325509 - 01/15/10 06:30 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge BurntSienna
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Finally went for a nice long walk last night without bundling up or freezing! I've got the stretchy rubber things - and a neon vest - but keep forgetting to use them. Last night I walked mostly down the middle of the street because the sidewalks were a little slick from the snow that had melted and then frozen.

Return to Top
#1326242 - 01/18/10 10:14 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge hmdagal
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
Woo Hoo! Down 4 lbs this week for a total of 33, bringing me to the goal weight that I set back in September. After briefly relishing the moment (and the big yellow star I got on my weight watchers chart), I revised my goal down another 5 lbs. Just a few more weeks and then I'll shift my focus to maintenance and starting a consistant lifting routine. Happy MLK day to all!

Return to Top
#1326258 - 01/19/10 01:48 AM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Jaeger Schnitzel
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Congrats JS! Go celebrate with a 30 minute run!

Return to Top
#1326301 - 01/19/10 02:04 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
[quote=DD Regs]

Likewise haven't reported for a while, been afraid to step on the scales, so I weighed myslef this morning...262.5 So, only gained 1.5 pounds, was afraid it was going to be worse.

After a weekend with the flu, am down to a 258. Haven't seen the 250s in some time. Been coaching my son's Basketball team this year and as part of that been runnigg the drills with them.

Now lets see how long it take to see the 240s.

Return to Top
#1326303 - 01/19/10 02:08 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge DD Regs
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Finally started on WW 2 weeks ago and am doing great. Can't tell a whole lot on the scale but I can in my clothes and I definitely have more energy. grin

Return to Top
#1326313 - 01/19/10 02:19 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Mrs. Rizzo
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Down 2 more lbs as of this morning. Only 5.6 to go!

Return to Top
#1326321 - 01/19/10 02:26 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I hit 149.8 this morning...I was happy to see the 140's (even though just barely)! It's been a couple years since I've been below 150. My goal is to get under 145 and stay there. I'm finding it hard to balance eating enough to have the energy to run the miles needed for the 1/2 marathon training and still trying to lose 5 pounds.

Congrats to everyone and keep up the good work!

Return to Top
#1326326 - 01/19/10 02:34 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge RR Jen
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
My goal is to fit into my riding jackets. I really don't want to have to buy new ones! I think another inch off my waist should do the trick for most of them...but am afraid that I may never be thin enough for my favorite jumper jacket again. I was at pony jockey weight (125ish) the last time I wore it comfortably. frown

Return to Top
#1326332 - 01/19/10 02:41 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge RR Becca
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
No weigh in this week for me. I learned the last time WW worked for me, not to weigh myself in at a certain time of the month. smile My run yesterday kicked my rear. I am overpronating (rolling my ankles out to compensate for the extra weight) and twisted one. My new Nike's are supposed to help. Not sure if they do.

It doesn't help that I slipped an fell on the ice leaving the library yesterday morning either.

I can't wait to run outside again, but with more cold weather and snow coming this week, it doesn't look like that will happen soon. Oh yeah, my neighbors have an old treadmill that they are not using and said that I can have it, for the times that I don't feel like going to the gym. smile

On my way, one short penguin like stride at a time wink , to my goal...

Return to Top
#1326340 - 01/19/10 02:54 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QCL
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
It's finally above freezing here, so it's nice to be able to get outside and walk. spring!!!!! where are you????????? laugh

Return to Top
#1326344 - 01/19/10 02:58 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Mrs. Rizzo
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
NW Illinois.

Return to Top
#1326353 - 01/19/10 03:09 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Becca...go to a running speciality store and have a video gait analysis done. The store I go to does it for free. You dont have to buy the shoes from them either. They'll recommend a shoe for you...I'm going to guess that the Nike's aren't supportive enough. As much as I love cute shoes, my running shoes generally aren't. (my current white/hot pink pair are the exception...last pair was red/white and before that was Barney purple/grey ICK!) They have a job to do and the $140 a pair is well worth it to keep from having shin splints and the various aches, pains and injuries that come along with running in the wrong shoe.

You would probably also be a good candidate to go back and have the analysis done every 6 months...if you reach a weight goal, your shoe needs might change. Ask thomasj about that...I think he had to go to a less supportive shoe after reaching his goal weight.

Return to Top
#1326410 - 01/19/10 04:09 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge RR Jen
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I can not agree more with what Jen just said. Find a good running shoe store and have the analysis done. It makes worlds of difference. The one that I go to has such great customer service. They do not even sell Nike shoes of any kind though. And if you start talking about the color, they will likely just look at you funny. I have had blue, orange, black, grey, red, white in some really ugly combinations. I run in the Asics Gel Nimbus which are about $110 a pair but they are the shoe that I need to keep my legs and feet happy while running a lot of miles. You have to watch the mileage on your shoes as well - I usually don't go over 350 miles on a pair. I have had to make an exception due to my economic situation the past few months and have over 900 miles on this last pair of Asics but my hips are telling me to open my wallet - NOW! I have a new pair ordered and they should be in next week. Hopefully I won't have to stretch a pair this far again.

It is a good idea to have the analysis done each time you go for new shoes. Models change and there are new shoes coming out all the time. I had been running in a more supportive shoe without issues until I started running more miles and I began having injury problems. A trip to the running store corrected the problem and has kept me running in relative comfort since.

Return to Top
#1326414 - 01/19/10 04:12 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge RR Jen
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I had the pronation thing going on too and my doctor suggested different running shoes (which I purchased) and Super Feet inserts for my workout shoes. The Super Feet made a HUGE difference for me because they provide the support I needed (arches). I think I spent about $45 for the inserts, but it was well worth the investment. I got them at a local speciality shoe store.

Return to Top
#1326461 - 01/19/10 04:43 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge QCL
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver
NW Illinois.

NO! I meant where was Spring! LOL!

Return to Top
#1326474 - 01/19/10 04:54 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Mrs. Rizzo
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Spring comes after HMDA submission...

smile smile smile smile smile

Return to Top
#1326603 - 01/19/10 06:24 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge hmdagal
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
9.8 lbs lost last week. I know losses this big aren't sustainable over the long term, but darn if it didn't feel good!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well!

Return to Top
#1326621 - 01/19/10 06:33 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge Buccs
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
So I went to Zaxby's to get a salad for lunch (yes, I know they don't really count - but they're the closest thing to an edible salad on this side of town), and they now sell fried pickles. *sigh* So much for fitting into my dressage coat on Saturday...

Return to Top
#1327480 - 01/20/10 07:35 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge RR Becca
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
I love this thread! It sounds like a lot of you done really well this week! Great job my skinnier friends smile

I had a slip up last week due to finding out about some minor health issues. It just stressed me out and I turned to food and merlot! Bad choice, I should have turned to my treadmill. I am not beating myself up about the slip up too much. I am back on track and have almost lost the 2 lbs this week that I gained back last week. Phew!

If I work really hard I expect to reach my first goal be down a total of 14 lbs by the end of the month, which means I have 6.5 to go!

Return to Top
#1327491 - 01/20/10 07:43 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Congrats Buccs and StarryNight! I've finally headed back down and lost 1.8 lbs this week.

Return to Top
#1327761 - 01/20/10 11:21 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge hmdagal
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Congrats to you too hmdagal!

Return to Top
#1329066 - 01/22/10 06:07 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I'm a couple days late reporting in, so I'll catch up. I lost 2.2 lbs. over the past week as of my Wed. night WW mtg. Hoooooooooray! That's 2 weeks in a row down in weight for me, and I'm very excited! Had the day off yesterday and fit in a 40 minute walk in the morning, and a 45 minute trip to the gym in the afternoon woohooo!!! I'm very motivated and working hard.

Congrats to Starry, Buccs, hmdagal, DD Regs, and Jaeger and everyone else working hard and losing or maintaining! smile Make it a great week.

Return to Top
#1329070 - 01/22/10 06:10 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge BurntSienna
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Periwinkle it sounds like you had a great day yesterday. You are on a roll!

Return to Top
#1330005 - 01/25/10 04:35 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge StarryNight
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
WoooHooo. As of my Saturday weigh-in I am officially no longer in the 200's!! Well, 199.6 but still....Now to continue downward.

Return to Top
#1330072 - 01/25/10 05:25 PM Re: BOL Pseudo-Biggest Loser Challenge EllenA
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Congratulations!

Return to Top
Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett