Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1332131 - 01/27/10 06:36 PM Need Guru help on demonstrable consent for E-Sign
SusyG Offline
100 Club
Based on my understanding of the E-Sign Act and the many expert opinions in Bankers Online threads,etc. regarding demonstrable consent, we have never let our customers enroll for E-Statements in the lobby or with bank equipment because that doesn't meet the demonstrable consent requirement. Now we have a new Compliance officer that was an FDIC examiner for 15 years and a compliance officer of a multi-billion dollar bank. He is stating that with the right disclosures you absolutely can meet the demonstrable consent requirement when allowing customers to enroll at the bank. I am in between a rock and a hard place. Is there really a way in-bank enrollment could possibly meet the requirements? I need expert advise/opinion here! Thanks!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1332435 - 01/27/10 09:54 PM Re: Need Guru help on demonstrable consent for E-Sign SusyG
SusyG Offline
100 Club
Please disregard the previous question. Compliance officer now agrees with me.

Return to Top
#1332589 - 01/28/10 11:08 AM Re: Need Guru help on demonstrable consent for E-Sign SusyG
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
ESIGN was designed to be flexible enough to allow for significant evolution in the technologies involved in e-delivery of documents. Today, it's more likely that customers will be able to bring their hardware to the bank and access the Internet wirelessly. If that is possible, then you can conduct a valid "handshake" in the bank's offices--because the customer is in full control of the hardware and software s/he will use for routine e-delivery.
Last edited by Richard Insley; 01/28/10 11:16 AM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z