Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#133605 - 12/10/03 07:50 PM Re: Winter?
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Reporting in from Orange County, CA - winter has arrived. It's raining - a little.

Return to Top
#133606 - 12/10/03 08:10 PM Re: Winter?
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
The same report can be given for Gainesville, FL!! It's supposed to be in the 70's this weekend..Brrrr!!!

Return to Top
#133607 - 12/11/03 04:07 PM Re: Winter?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I'm not having fun now. 13 below with a 30 below windchill. I should find my gloves.

Return to Top
#133608 - 12/11/03 06:59 PM Re: Winter?
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
Southeastern Massachusetts...Saturday, Sunday we had almost three feet of snow....Today, pouring rain and wind, very flooded streets!!

Return to Top
#133609 - 12/12/03 05:11 PM Re: Winter?
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
I don't know how ya'll do it. I've got the windows to my office open, a nice cool breeze and the highs today will be in the low 70's. Same for this weekend as I break out the shorts and the sticks. Got a new driver that I'm itching to let loose!!!

Return to Top
#133610 - 12/12/03 09:31 PM Re: Winter?
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Quote:

I don't know how ya'll do it. I've got the windows to my office open, a nice cool breeze and the highs today will be in the low 70's. Same for this weekend as I break out the shorts and the sticks. Got a new driver that I'm itching to let loose!!!

I took my wife to the airport to pick up a rental car today, and as I was leaving, two guys were heading to the 1st tee to play a round. It was something like 30 degrees out there!! A bit too cold for sticks, don't you think?

Supposed to snow in SW Oklahoma today...yippee!!

Return to Top
#133611 - 12/12/03 09:37 PM Re: Winter?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Quote:

I
It was something like 30 degrees out there!! A bit too cold for sticks, don't you think?

Not for my husband Jeremy. He'll drive down a different part of the state in the winter where it's just as cold as where we live but not that much snow and the courses stay open year round normally!

Return to Top
#133612 - 12/12/03 09:48 PM Re: Winter?
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
I spent 2001 in Scotland on a work visa. Went out for a round in Feb and on the 1st green it started snowing, turned my happy little georgia boy ass around and headed for the clubhouse. Just as I was back to the 1st tee it was really coming down and here are 4 women headed to the tee. We chatted for a moment, you know the typical "have you lost your mind, it's snowing" thing. They told me you had to be hardy in order to play there. NO KIDDING!! I love me golf, but there are limits!!!

Return to Top
#133613 - 12/12/03 10:20 PM Re: Winter?
captain morgan Offline
100 Club
captain morgan
Land of "uffda"
As we say in Minn...."It's making Ice!!"

Return to Top
#133614 - 12/18/03 02:00 PM Re: Winter?
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
For those of you sensitive to weather related rants, please avoid the following. And you may want to plug your ears!!!!

I HATE ICE!!!!! I REPEAT, I HATE ICE!!!!! I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!!!

Ok, that's a little better.....I was trapped on the Interstate for over three hours last night (a mear seven miles from my exit) because it was closed due to ICE. I was so close....and yet so far!

There, better now....back to Cleabatsu's I go!!

Return to Top
#133615 - 12/18/03 02:25 PM Re: Winter?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That stinks, Mr C, but gee, aren't we lucky to live in the northeast? We get more black ice than snow almost every winter!

Return to Top
#133616 - 12/18/03 02:33 PM Re: Winter?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

For those of you sensitive to weather related rants, please avoid the following. And you may want to plug your ears!!!!

I HATE ICE!!!!! I REPEAT, I HATE ICE!!!!! I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!!!

Ok, that's a little better.....I was trapped on the Interstate for over three hours last night (a mear seven miles from my exit) because it was closed due to ICE. I was so close....and yet so far!

There, better now....back to Cleabatsu's I go!!

MR C: I'm sooo with you. I can't tell you how many times I've almost smacked into something because of the blasted ice!Not sure what part of New England you're from, I'm in Mass and have several icy mornings so far!

Return to Top
#133617 - 12/18/03 02:52 PM Re: Winter?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maria and others that hate ice, Come and join me. This is how I will spend my Christmas.
Christmas

Return to Top
#133618 - 12/18/03 03:21 PM Re: Winter?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Thanks anon, that was swell!

Return to Top
#133619 - 12/18/03 03:36 PM Re: Winter?
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
I hate ice as well. I don't have any really bad experiences, but ice is the worst if you have to travel. We still have not gotten any snow and I'm getting a bit anxious!! I NEED SNOW!!!!

Return to Top
#133620 - 12/18/03 03:45 PM Re: Winter?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Well, this could turn into a rant, possibly, maybe, I'll try to control myself.
Last year, they had delayed openings for my son's school every time a frickin' flake fell from the sky. One morning, after an ice storm, they did NOT have a delayed opening. So, I dropped him off, and while I was signing him in, another parent slid all the way across the parking lot into my brand new Tribute!
Uhhhh, duh, snow is safe, ice is not!

Oh, and the same thing happened last week, there was a snowstorm on Sunday, the roads were clear on Monday, and they had a delayed opening. This past Monday, everything was covered with ice: NO DELAYED OPENING! Arrrrrgghhhh!!
Last edited by Maria KFSB; 12/18/03 03:48 PM.

Return to Top
#133621 - 12/18/03 04:04 PM Re: Winter?
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Last year, we got a foot of snow in our area of town, the rest got about 8 inches. The school system is city-wide. They didn't even delay school! The problem with this scenario is that the army post goes by the school. If school closes, the post closes to non-mission-essential personnel (my wife), so the fact that the school opened meant that my wife had to go to work. Then, when the school closed early, post decided to stay open, so I had to leave work. It was ridiculous. See, as a banker, I have limited off-time available to me....as a soldier, my wife can leave anytime circumstances say that she needs to....and she still gets paid for it!!!!

Return to Top
#133622 - 12/22/03 03:20 PM Re: Winter?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Welcome to Monday Dec. 22nd, the first day of winter. It will be about 72 here in Central Texas today and it does not feel like Christmas.

The forecast for snow is bleak unless we defrost a freezer to try and break out that Christmas turkey and rolls that have been locked in for who knows how long.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#133623 - 12/22/03 05:50 PM Re: Winter?
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
Boy, would I like to see 70 degrees!! Forecast for Eastern Massachusetts is actually warm....high 40's to mid-50's!!! Rain for Christmas Eve!!! Sunny and nice for Christmas Day!!!

Return to Top
#133624 - 01/05/04 04:37 PM Re: Winter?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Winter has hit with a vengence. -18 this morning windchill -38. Possibility of windchills of -50 or lower later today and tomorrow. I have one car that is dead from this weather too.

Return to Top
#133625 - 01/05/04 05:34 PM Re: Winter?
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I guess winter has finally hit here as well. Saturday it was 75°. This morning when I got up, it was 26° with a wind chill of 8°. This is too much of a change for just a few days! I still haven't gotten warm and I've been at work for over 3 hours.

Return to Top
#133626 - 01/05/04 05:39 PM Re: Winter?
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We had 3 straight days of rain - no make that 4. The temperature Saturday was in the 60's. Tonight the low is supposed to be 16 degrees. I'm really glad the rain has stopped.

Return to Top
#133627 - 01/05/04 05:55 PM Re: Winter?
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Our weather is just like Nikko's. Plus, I get to work this morning to find the building with no heat. It must have been about 55 in my office this morning.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#133628 - 01/05/04 06:11 PM Re: Winter?
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Nikko and IFish2, I'm right here shivering with ya.....

It was -37 this morning with windchills approaching the big -50. You know it is bad when the moisture in your nose freezes by the time you've walked in from your car.

All of our schools are still open, but lots of busses aren't running. School may as well be open, though. What child wants to play in this? The snow is too cold to be more than dust, anyway.

Too bad it is so cold - we have gotten oodles and oodles of snow since Christmas, and every bit of it is still here. (Melt? That will happen around, oh, April.) In fact, the ski resort 15 miles away has received over 100" of the stuff - so much that they had to close one day to dig out the lifts! A few days later, a solo skiier fell head first into a snow pile, couldn't free himself, and suffocated! )

Return to Top
#133629 - 01/05/04 06:24 PM Re: Winter?
Cowboys Fan Online
Power Poster
SC
We have one more day in the 70s (today). By Thursday, the temp in the am should be in the mid twenties. Guess I need to go outside and enjoy it while I can.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett