Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#133630 - 01/05/04 06:25 PM Re: Winter?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Last Friday morning, on the way to work (my husband and I were commuting), it was wicked icy and we passed 3 accidents involving 6 cars/trucks. 4 out of the 6 vehicles were Ford Explorers, exactly what me and my husband were driving! Felt real safe I tell ya'. Why don't other SUV drivers get it, 4X4 means squat on ice, you can't go faster!

Return to Top
#133631 - 01/05/04 07:10 PM Re: Winter?
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
I learned something today. Being from Iowa, Oklahoma weather has never really daunted me in the wintertime. But, I learned that a 35 year old car, even in Oklahoma, should not be parked facing north when it is cold outside. The ol' Coronet refused to start and I had to two-wheel it in to work today. Thank goodness it's only 2-3 miles. Can't wait to get my VW out of the shop this week!!!!!

Return to Top
#133632 - 01/06/04 05:18 PM Re: Winter?
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Quote:

Too bad it is so cold - we have gotten oodles and oodles of snow since Christmas, and every bit of it is still here. (Melt? That will happen around, oh, April.) In fact, the ski resort 15 miles away has received over 100" of the stuff - so much that they had to close one day to dig out the lifts! A few days later, a solo skiier fell head first into a snow pile, couldn't free himself, and suffocated! )

I know about your snow. We were trying to get home from Whitefish on December 27 and made it as far as Bozeman. We were able to get a room at the Comfort Inn as we arrived there about 2:00pm. We visited the mall and had dinner at Bennigan's. I didn't mind as I graduated from MSU and always enjoy a trip back.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett