Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1339023 - 02/05/10 08:59 PM Appraisal Engagement Letter
#12 Online
Diamond Poster
Quick question:

We have someone independent of the loan ordering appraisals. In the appraisal engagement letter, can she state to contact the lender with questions, or does that compromise the independence?

Maybe a dumb question, but it's Friday, and I'm ready for a weekend!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1339028 - 02/05/10 09:02 PM Re: Appraisal Engagement Letter #12
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Big compromise - they should contact the person sending the letter. Theoretically, there should be no contact between lender and the appraiser.

Return to Top
#1339040 - 02/05/10 09:07 PM Re: Appraisal Engagement Letter rlcarey
#12 Online
Diamond Poster
That's what I thought, thanks Randy.

Return to Top
#1364385 - 03/25/10 09:41 PM Re: Appraisal Engagement Letter #12
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I have been getting conflicting info. Can a person that works in the loan dept but does not make loans, order the appraisal. We have two levels of people in the dept (other than loan officers), those that work directly under a loan officer, documenting the loans etc. and those that have other duties such as checkback etc.

We are planning on having the second group order the appraisals. Would there be a problem with that? Would there be a problem with the loan officer assistants ordering appraisals?

Return to Top
#1364594 - 03/26/10 02:15 PM Re: Appraisal Engagement Letter CRAatBOK
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I doubt you'd h ave a problem with you second-level folks handling, but I would not have the LOA handle it. That's too close to the loan officer, IMHO.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z