Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1332948 - 01/28/10 05:03 PM Audit Schedule
auditangel Offline
I am the internal auditor for a small multiple-bank holding company. We have also have a compliance officer that is also the HR director. My position is new and the audit committe has not yet been formed, so I presented the audit plan to each of the Presidents, with the board secretary and a senior officer also present. I have just discoverd that the compliance officer has a copy of the audit schedule, which I didn't give her. What are your thoughts on the compliance officer having the audit schedule? I feel like it compromises the audit funtion a bit. Some of the audits planned are HR and compliance related, like the CRA file and lobby positngs, and payroll.

Return to Top
Audit
#1337135 - 02/03/10 11:52 PM Re: Audit Schedule auditangel
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I would not be overly concerned. If your thought process is one that says they'll get ready for your audit ahead of time, who cares. Your audit is for a given period of time and all your data is reviewed/sampled over that period. The days of playing "gotcha" should be over. What matters is what they're doing now, and what they've been doing.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1338684 - 02/05/10 05:53 PM Re: Audit Schedule Andy_Z
auditangel Offline
Thank you Andy for your comments. I appreciate them. To be clear, I am not trying to play the "gotcha game" nor do I ever intend to. I just wanted to make sure that the audits were not compromised somehow because they knew ahead of time.

Thanks again.

Return to Top
#1339135 - 02/05/10 10:36 PM Re: Audit Schedule auditangel
Doug Thompson Offline
New Poster
California
I agree with Andy, with the exception of a few items like surprise branch cash counts our audit schedule isn't a secret. I find that the process is enhanced when you're auditing things they think are correct.

Return to Top
#1339296 - 02/08/10 02:02 PM Re: Audit Schedule Doug Thompson
auditangel Offline
Good point Doug! Thank you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z