Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
Thread Options
#1337211 - 02/04/10 04:22 AM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
At the beginning, Oceanic 815 flew over the ocean where the island was...and it was under water. Which may mean in the alternate reality where the plane lands in LAX, the island hasn't been around since 1977 - when the bomb went off.

If that's the case, the French boat never landed, the numbers were never broadcast, and Hurley may have just been lucky to get the winning Lottery numbers...Although it that wouldn't explain why he was in Australia, since he would never have known to go looking for the guy from the asylum...More questions.

I really hope the show doesn't end with "nothing" happening to flight 815, and all the Losties just go about their lives without knowing one another...That would suck.

Great beginning though...Looking forward to the next three months...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1337409 - 02/04/10 03:31 PM Re: Lost! FBH
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I just watched this last night - i'm glad for the recap, i forgot about that scene between jacob and the man in black at the beginning of the last episode of last season.

I really like the side-ways narrative - interesting to the see teh differences since they tried to 'change' the past. There were a lot of old characters i expected to see on the plane, but they were not there.

Return to Top
#1337855 - 02/04/10 08:30 PM Re: Lost! Skunk Boy
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore

Return to Top
#1337995 - 02/04/10 10:10 PM Re: Lost! E.E.G.B
rmarie Offline
Do you think Jacob is now in Sayid? When looking back at the episodes when Jacob was contacting the others, he only asked Sayid for help. When he went to see Sawyer, Kate, Jack, Hurley, Jin and sun and etc., he encouraged them. I can't remember what he told Locke, but he was there at the same time Locke fell out of the window. I think there is something to that. Also, Jacob touched everyone else. He never touched Sayid or Locke???? Hmmmmm.....makes you wonder.

Return to Top
#1337999 - 02/04/10 10:11 PM Re: Lost! E.E.G.B
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
what a ball of confusion!!!

Return to Top
#1338001 - 02/04/10 10:12 PM Re: Lost! Pale Rider
rmarie Offline
Yes it is, but it is great fun trying to figure it out or at least give it a try.

Return to Top
#1338031 - 02/04/10 10:38 PM Re: Lost! rmarie
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
He did touch Locke, that is what brought Locke into 'consciousness'.

I would assume he's now Sayid - since the item in the guitar case said they had to revive Sayid or they were all in trouble.

Return to Top
#1338036 - 02/04/10 10:43 PM Re: Lost! Skunk Boy
rmarie Offline
I guess I missed that he touched him. Thanks.

Return to Top
#1338039 - 02/04/10 10:47 PM Re: Lost! rmarie
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I don't think we should trust Jacob - he was the drunk abusive ex-husband on Dexter.

Return to Top
#1340781 - 02/10/10 02:35 PM Re: Lost! Skunk Boy
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Thoughts on last night's episode? I can't decide whether I think the Losties' captors at the temple are good guys or bad guys. My gut says bad guys, but with this show you never know.

It was good to see Claire back. I really hope that Jin and Sun reunite soon. I will be so disappointed if that doesn't happen before the series ends.

Return to Top
#1340885 - 02/10/10 03:51 PM Re: Lost! Hoosierland
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
I'm leaning towards believing that the temple guys are on Jacob's side, which is the good side. It seems as though the dead bodies of our friends are being "infected" by evil. Locke became evil, and the temple guys are predicting the Sayid will, too, just as Claire did. That was the most revealing thing about last night's episode. Remember when Claire's home was exploded by the mercenaries and Sawyer saved her? Did she die and then her body was taken over by evil, explaining why she wandered into the woods? Would that explain what happened to Christian Shepherd and why he is walking around the island?

Return to Top
#1340973 - 02/10/10 04:51 PM Re: Lost! Kelsey D
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Good theories, Kelsey. I had forgotten about Christian Shepherd, but that would make some sense, since his body was on the island and could have become "infected."

Here is one (of many!) thing I don't understand. When they brought Sayid to the temple, I believe the people at the temple said something like "if he dies, we are all in trouble." Okay, so he lived, and now you're going to give him a pill full of poison? Granted, not all poison would necessarily be fatal, but based on the dude's reaction when Jack attempted to take that pill intended for Sayid, I'm guessing this poison is fatal.

Return to Top
#1341040 - 02/10/10 05:11 PM Re: Lost! Hoosierland
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
On the Claire and Christian thing, wasn't there a scene with the two of them in Jacob's shack? Can anyone refresh us on what happened there?

Return to Top
#1341071 - 02/10/10 05:25 PM Re: Lost! Bobby Boucher
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Locke, Hurley, and Ben were looking for the cabin. When they found it, Locke entered the cabin alone and met Christian Shephard, who was speaking on Jacob's behalf and had Claire with him. Christian warned Locke that the mercenaries were already on their way to the island and that the island must be moved.

Return to Top
#1341084 - 02/10/10 05:37 PM Re: Lost! Kelsey D
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Thanks Kelsey!

Return to Top
#1341653 - 02/11/10 01:35 PM Re: Lost! Bobby Boucher
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I thought people thought Jacob is in Sayid. So now we know that is not the case?

Return to Top
#1341693 - 02/11/10 02:25 PM Re: Lost! Hoosierland
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
Good theories, Kelsey. I had forgotten about Christian Shepherd, but that would make some sense, since his body was on the island and could have become "infected."

Here is one (of many!) thing I don't understand. When they brought Sayid to the temple, I believe the people at the temple said something like "if he dies, we are all in trouble." Okay, so he lived, and now you're going to give him a pill full of poison? Granted, not all poison would necessarily be fatal, but based on the dude's reaction when Jack attempted to take that pill intended for Sayid, I'm guessing this poison is fatal.

Based on Kelsey's theory which is a good one, they were afraid that Sayid would die, and then become infected by this evil (which may be what happens to everyone that dies on the island), which is what they think happened. Remember that Sayid failed 'the test'-- I'm guessing that either the hot poker wasn't hot, or the electric shock wasn't really electric shock, and he was just acting like it was painful. Or, none of this could be right, as usual.

Return to Top
#1341697 - 02/11/10 02:28 PM Re: Lost! Bankster
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
lots more peeps have died on the island, yet they are all not zombies....

maybe it would be too expensive to bring everyone back

Return to Top
#1341703 - 02/11/10 02:34 PM Re: Lost! Pale Rider
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
See, it makes sense to me that in the alternative reality where the plane doesn't crash some things are different - Shannon never left with Boone, Hurley is lucky instead of feeling like he's cursed... Since the bomb went off in 1977, none of the events that would have happened since that time (if the island still existed) would have happened. But some people weren't affected by the island before the crashed on it - so Jin and Sun still have an unhappy marriage, Locke is still paralyzed, etc.

But honestly, all the time travel/alternate universe/parallel universe stuff makes my brain hurt laugh

And I still think Rose and Bernard are the cutest!

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1341758 - 02/11/10 03:25 PM Re: Lost! Aggs
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Loved that Mac (from Always Sunny in Philadelphia) had a bit role in the episode. I was waiting for him to rip off his sleeves and do some karate chops in the jungle.

I liked the 'alternate' reality with Kate and Claire... did anyone read the article about how the 'alternate' reality and the 'reality' are not really supposed to tie together? I read that they may tie together in the final episode, but for now you are just supposed to recognize the differences in the characters lives.

Kelsey, that's an interesting theory about the 'evil infection'.

Return to Top
#1344269 - 02/17/10 09:19 AM Re: Lost! Skunk Boy
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Last night's episode - in true LOST fashion - answered some questions but opened up a whole lot more.

In the Sideflash, does Locke remind anyone of Charlie Brown?

Jacob and his nemesis - Essau anyone?

It will be interesting to see if the series answers all of the questions - I don't really see how they can, but there better not be some dammed giant alien spider at the botton of all this!

(Still haven't forgiven Steven King for "It.")

Return to Top
#1344278 - 02/17/10 01:06 PM Re: Lost! Princess Romeo
lucyc Offline
Diamond Poster
lucyc
I'm completely loosing it......I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT LOST WAS ON LAST NIGHT!

Recap please.....

Return to Top
#1344291 - 02/17/10 01:22 PM Re: Lost! lucyc
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
the hour was spent on Locke's sad sack life in a wheel chair as he comes across more of the flight's passengers...and the smoke monster in his cave by the sea....

Return to Top
#1344294 - 02/17/10 01:30 PM Re: Lost! Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Too much to recap lvc - watch tonight on the computer.

Did you notice that bad-locke threw out the light colored stone from the balance scale - an obvious Jacob thing.

I love the young boy. I wonder if he's a young Jacob? Kind of resembles Jacob. Interesting that Richard can't see the boy but Sawyer can.

I liked real-locke running into Ben, and then he had a strange smile on his face after he did. They are all connecting with each other back in LA.

Return to Top
#1344297 - 02/17/10 01:34 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Pale - I thought they were showing things getting better for Locke in the wheelchair. Yes, he gets fired, but meets Hugo (who's looking good) in the parking lot, then meets Rose who makes him realize that you have to accept your life and live the best you can. Then he gets the teaching job and meets Ben (funny that Ben is ordering everyone around).

So far, Locke and Hugo are the central characters in LA.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21