Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1344436 - 02/17/10 03:34 PM Anyone still driving their Toyota?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Brake issues on 6 models, Prius has cruise control issues, now Corolla may have steering issues. Resale values on used Toyota's have fallen over 30%. Gives new meaning to their slogan "oh, what a feeling."

Production in 2 US plants is temporarily halted as they are not selling cars and inventory is backed up. One of my favorite cars I ever owned was a Toyota Celica...glad I don't own one now...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1344438 - 02/17/10 03:35 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? HappyGilmore
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
<<<---- Mazda... altho, Eddie has a Camry, but it's kinda old... but he is also well insured. wink

Return to Top
#1344447 - 02/17/10 03:40 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Retired DQ
chenin Offline
Diamond Poster
chenin
Hubby drives a Toyota truck....hmmm, may need to update the insurance... shocked

Return to Top
#1344448 - 02/17/10 03:40 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Retired DQ
A_G Offline
10K Club
<----- Pontiac

Return to Top
#1344456 - 02/17/10 03:44 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? A_G
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: A G
<----- Hoopty

fixed

Return to Top
#1344460 - 02/17/10 03:46 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Retired DQ
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Son needs to update his college vehicle and was looking at Toyota's - looking at Toyotas no more.

Return to Top
#1344463 - 02/17/10 03:46 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? HappyGilmore
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Brake issues on 6 models, Prius has cruise control issues, now Corolla may have steering issues. Resale values on used Toyota's have fallen over 30%. Gives new meaning to their slogan "oh, what a feeling."

Production in 2 US plants is temporarily halted as they are not selling cars and inventory is backed up. One of my favorite cars I ever owned was a Toyota Celica...glad I don't own one now...

My MIL works at a supplier that does some plastic parts for new Toyotas and they went from 12 hour shifts 6 days a week to 8 hour shifts 4 days a week the day of the accelerator recall and are considering layoffs.

Return to Top
#1344464 - 02/17/10 03:48 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Buccs
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Yes my Toyota is fine and I wonder every time I see a Toyota story if the administration would be pursuing this as aggressively if it was Chrysler or GM. (the conflict of interest is there, given the government's ownership stake)

Return to Top
#1344465 - 02/17/10 03:48 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Buccs
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
<-------Volvo, but starting to look around.

Return to Top
#1344466 - 02/17/10 03:49 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Snow Bunny
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I am still driving my Camry. I love it. I am being very observant with the sticky gas pedal thing but it seems fine. Fortunately we have had a lot of snow and we have been driving the 4-wheel drive truck most of the time. My hubby is taking it in next week for the recall repairs.

Return to Top
#1344479 - 02/17/10 03:58 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Ready to Retire
Lisa V Offline
New Poster
Lisa V
Texas
I will stick with my Hondas... Never had an issue and I am driving #5

Return to Top
#1344480 - 02/17/10 03:58 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Ready to Retire
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My husband drives a 2009 Camry Hybrid. As of right now, it's one of the few that hasn't had a recall <as far as I know>.

Return to Top
#1344492 - 02/17/10 04:03 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Ready to Retire
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
<--- owned a 2003 Toyota Matrix and it was the worst piece of *&%^ car ever. I bought it when they first came out in 2002 and got rid of it by July 2003. When I was handing over the keys to the dealer, I swore to myself that I will never, ever buy another Toyota again.

I've been tempted the last few years because I really like the styling on the Camry. But now I'm glad I didn't end up buying one... Although once the problems are fixed, I am sure they'll be offering really good deals to get people back. Hmm... (must keep reminding myself of the Matrix fiasco!!!)

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1344497 - 02/17/10 04:09 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Aggs
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
<-- wanted a Corolla at one point in time. When I was forced to replace my car last year, it really wasn't even a thought to look at Toyotas. I now drive a pretty loaded Hyundai Sonata, much better than my base model hoopty chevy cavalier.

Return to Top
#1344504 - 02/17/10 04:15 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? NotPerfect
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: NotPerfect
<-- wanted a Corolla at one point in time. When I was forced to replace my car last year, it really wasn't even a thought to look at Toyotas. I now drive a pretty loaded Hyundai Sonata, much better than my base model hoopty chevy cavalier.

That's what I got! I ended up getting a loaded Sonata instead of a bare-bones Camry or Accord. I *love* my Sonata! I drive a lot and I've never had a single problem with it. It's such a smooth drive. Although I have to admit that the new 2011 Sonata looks awesome and I am jealous! I want the new one!

Return to Top
#1344506 - 02/17/10 04:18 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Aggs
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Agnessa

That's what I got! I ended up getting a loaded Sonata instead of a bare-bones Camry or Accord. I *love* my Sonata! I drive a lot and I've never had a single problem with it. It's such a smooth drive. Although I have to admit that the new 2011 Sonata looks awesome and I am jealous! I want the new one!

I have a 2008 and love it so far. Only issue I've had so far was excessive wear on the brakes - I'll blame that on a Wisconsin winter and my driving. I love that it has a lot of room inside, but isn't a "boat" to drive. My only complaint, mind you I bought it used, is that light interior doesn't work well with a 3 year old and a 5 year old.

Return to Top
#1344510 - 02/17/10 04:20 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Aggs
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
The Matrixx was really a Pontiac design that Toyota bought to get into that segment.

Return to Top
#1344519 - 02/17/10 04:22 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? NotPerfect
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: Agnessa

I have a 2008 and love it so far. Only issue I've had so far was excessive wear on the brakes - I'll blame that on a Wisconsin winter and my driving. I love that it has a lot of room inside, but isn't a "boat" to drive. My only complaint, mind you I bought it used, is that light interior doesn't work well with a 3 year old and a 5 year old.

LOL! I have the light grey interior and I have a 4 year old so I know what you mean smile I got the silver Sonata with the grey interior - I do not like silver cars and prefer a tan interior. But, the deal I got on this one was too good to pass up... They were bringing in the 2008s and wanted the remaining two 2007s sold. They only had 2 silver ones left. Silver isn't bad, but I prefer white or black.

I did a TON of driving when I lived in the midwest and also had wear issues with the brakes - I had new ones put on after owning the car for 2 years. Now I drive a lot less and live in the warmer south so hopefully they will last longer.

Return to Top
#1344520 - 02/17/10 04:22 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? NotPerfect
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I have an '06 RAV 4...I haven't received a recall and my son hasn't had any issues. Also HATE the light interior...it doesn't work for a 20+ yr old either! wink

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1344521 - 02/17/10 04:24 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? straw
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: straw
The Matrixx was really a Pontiac design that Toyota bought to get into that segment.

I know. I secretly blamed GM, but because I lived in Michigan and was surrounded by GM people (including my best friend whose dad is a GM retiree) I couldn't curse out GM. So I cursed out Toyota and blamed them. LOL The other issues I had were with the Toyota dealership that sold me the Matrix and their service department. Bad experience all around.

Return to Top
#1344525 - 02/17/10 04:26 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Aggs
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
<<< does NOT like the Toyota service department!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1344531 - 02/17/10 04:35 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? RR Joker
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
My wife has a 2007 Prius that she still loves and has not had any problems with. Good thing she loves it since apparently the resale on it at the moment would be...less than attractive. She has no interest in getting rid of it, though. Probably does not hurt that we live within two miles of her work, the mall, the grocery store, our favorite restaurant, our church...basically every place she goes!

Return to Top
#1344532 - 02/17/10 04:36 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? RR Joker
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
We have had no issues with the service department of our Toyoto dealership other then the kept forgetting about the very low ground effects on our last one and tore the front part off twice while parking it. Of course they had to fix it twice and finally wised up.

Return to Top
#1344540 - 02/17/10 04:43 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? Ready to Retire
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Mr EGB has an Avalon which predates any recall issues (at the moment) and we like it a lot. I'm waiting for Toyota to offer some sweet incentives and then I'm hoping to get a RAV4 myself.

Return to Top
#1344547 - 02/17/10 04:47 PM Re: Anyone still driving their Toyota? TB 12
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
Originally Posted By: Sox in 07
<-------Volvo, but starting to look around.
Volvo man myself here, have been for years.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3