Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#134920 - 12/08/03 03:56 PM Re: Dating a co-worker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, let's back up the marriage truck right now. For those of your posting all of those shameless messages, well shame on you. It's called tact. Think about it.
And for everyone that has had REAL advice and comments, thank you. I understand all the worries and "issues" something like this has caused. Hopefully none of this will ever be a problem as she is beginning to look for a new job (CubDave, you were right, it is a "job").

Thanks for all the wishes!
-[shaking the virtual finger at all the shameless promoters]-

Return to Top
#134921 - 12/08/03 05:52 PM Re: Dating a co-worker
Anonymous
Unregistered

after all this exhaustive information provided to you, it appears that she will leave the bank anyway. now don't go finding any other women there.

Return to Top
#134922 - 12/08/03 05:55 PM Re: Dating a co-worker
Anonymous
Unregistered

To Orig Anon - I'm coming in as Anon (co-workers look at this site) - my problem is that my co-workers are pushing me to as a young lady out, who works at one of our centers - As a corporate employee, and an officer of the bank, I'm way not comfortable with this, but as a single guy - what's wrong with this. She doesn't work for me, or report to me, and she is single and attractively friendly.
Life can be difficult when your well-meaning friends get involved, know what I mean?

Return to Top
#134923 - 12/08/03 08:27 PM Re: Dating a co-worker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why must the woman always leave...or be encouraged to "look for another position." Clearly this is sexist. Are you that confident that you're going to be such a rising star in a 2-branch bank that you would dump her off to seek alternative employment so she can continue in a relation with you? Saying that she is "just a teller" is not an excuse either; you're not an officer, and you're in a small institution. I don't care what anyone says, but is seems that the woman -- regardless of the level in the organization -- is always having to fall on her sword so the guy can be perceived as a wonder boy to senior management. Very unfair. You should have thought this through beforehand.

Return to Top
#134924 - 12/08/03 09:09 PM Re: Dating a co-worker
Anonymous
Unregistered

For clarification, she is not thinking of leaving because we are seeing each other. She is thinking of leaving because she no longer likes what she does in the bank. I would never "dump her off to seek alternative employement", she came to this decision on her own, and I support whatever she decides.

Return to Top
#134925 - 12/08/03 10:31 PM Re: Dating a co-worker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don was right, this has become a mess.

Return to Top
#134926 - 12/09/03 01:46 AM Re: Dating a co-worker
RFitzpatrick Offline
Gold Star
RFitzpatrick
Pacific NW
Quote:

my problem is that my co-workers are pushing me to ask a young lady out, who works at one of our centers - As a corporate employee, and an officer of the bank, I'm way not comfortable with this, but as a single guy - what's wrong with this. She doesn't work for me, or report to me, and she is single and attractively friendly.

In a larger bank, when there are many departments with clearer reporting lines, this is often less of a problem. I was in the same situation, and that's how I met my wife. (Although she initiated the first date with her managers encouragement). It could be a lot different when you are in the same location or have to work together, especially if it doesn't work out.

Return to Top
#134927 - 12/09/03 04:52 PM Dating a co-worker
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Anonymous:

Everyone is so anxious to give advice - go with your gut feelings (your heart) and do what you want; you'll be much happier.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett