Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
Thread Options
#1344856 - 02/17/10 08:49 PM Re: Lost! Hoosierland
MHuff Offline
100 Club
MHuff
LA
Didn't Ben get on the submarine when they were evacuating the island before the bomb?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1348178 - 02/24/10 03:10 PM Re: Lost! MHuff
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
So who watched Lost last night? Is Claire going to go kill everyone in the temple? Once you get infected do you go under Locke/smoke monster's control and do evil things? I totally missed that Jack had a son in prior seasons.

Return to Top
#1348194 - 02/24/10 03:22 PM Re: Lost! Dazed Auditor
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
I don't think they ever revealed to us in prior seasons that Jack had a son. What was up with his surgery scar from his appendectomy? Juliet took his appendix out on the island in season 4.

I think there's a bettle brewing. In a prior season, Miles was grabbed and thrown into a van by the same men who were killed by the smoke monster this season. In the van, they told him that a war was coming, and if he worked with Naomi, who was recruiting him for Widmore, he’d be on the wrong side. It looks as though the man in black is in Locke, and evil has consumed Christian, Claire, and soon Sayid. If sweet Claire can become that wild, imagine what Sayid will be like!

Who do you think Jacob is trying to bring to the island, or was that all a hoax to get Jack to see that he's important and get him away fromt he temple? I'm betting that evil Locke and Claire are headed towards the temple, and that's why Jacob had to get the "candidates" away.

Return to Top
#1348204 - 02/24/10 03:28 PM Re: Lost! Kelsey D
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Interesting tidbit...

Jacob said to turn the dial to 108. 108 is the sum of the six numbers. Also, last night's episode was the 108th. Did anyone catch what name was on the dial at 108? Was it Wallace?

Return to Top
#1348233 - 02/24/10 03:44 PM Re: Lost! Kelsey D
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Didn't get to see what name it was.

I think Locke and Claire will be going to the temple. But the only one left there is Sayid? Correct? Jack and Hurley are at the lighthouse, Sawyer's out--and is Locke's first candidate; Kate's out looking for Sawyer; Jin is out.

It's funny that Claire does not remember that she left the Losties and Aaron.

Jacob drew Hurley and Jack away so that they would survive what happens at the temple.

Can't wait until next week. I'm guessing there won't be many (if any) answers, no matter what they advertise.

Return to Top
#1348248 - 02/24/10 03:59 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
But Jin is with Claire who is heading to the temple. And Sun is headed to the temple. The cave said the name Kwon and did not specify if it was Jin or Sun or both who is the candidate. And Sawyer is a candidate and he is with Locke/smoke monster. So are Hurley and Jack the top candidates?

What is the signifigance of the woman putting Jacob's ashes in the baggie?

Return to Top
#1348255 - 02/24/10 04:05 PM Re: Lost! Dazed Auditor
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
and then there was....no surprise......the Asian "temple man" whose son was also a musician auditioning at the conservatory where Jack's son was auditioning.

Return to Top
#1348278 - 02/24/10 04:27 PM Re: Lost! swiggles
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
My husband didn't like when the Asian man showed up.

I find it interesting that they are all having some type of recognition of the others from the island. They don't know what it is, but they know it's something.

Even though Jin is with Claire, I don't think he's in any shape to travel on that leg.

There seem to be two types of candidates/recuits. Jacob's candidates and Bad Locke's recruits.

Jacob told Hurley that there is something that Jack needs to do. That's why he lured him to the lighthouse.

It was never mentioned before that Jack had a son. I also thought that Locke and his girlfriend had broken up before he left for Australia. It seems like the island blowing up has changed the 'real world'. Hurley thinks he's lucky and is accomplished in business; Jack has a son; Boone's sister did not return on the plane - and interesting that they found one of her inhalers last night.

Return to Top
#1348281 - 02/24/10 04:28 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
They have now branded Claire and Sayid - mark of the devil?

Return to Top
#1348305 - 02/24/10 04:52 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Originally Posted By: P.B.
Boone's sister did not return on the plane.

There may be no significance to Boone's sister not being there, or they may write an explanation into the storyline. Rumor has it that the actress wasn't able to come back for this season, or so I heard from someone who knows someone who knows her and says that she's not in a condition to return to the show.

Return to Top
#1348311 - 02/24/10 04:57 PM Re: Lost! Kelsey D
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
6+6+6 = 18

put a 0 in between 1 and 8 and you get 108....

Baconboy taught me how to do this.....

Return to Top
#1348317 - 02/24/10 04:59 PM Re: Lost! Pale Rider
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Impressive!

Return to Top
#1348349 - 02/24/10 05:20 PM Re: Lost! Kelsey D
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
they had better hurry with some answers, people's interest is dropping off

Return to Top
#1348418 - 02/24/10 05:56 PM Re: Lost! Pale Rider
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I don't think Jack had a son before. The alternate timeline/storyline is different from the regular timeline i.e. Jack saying he had an appendectomy at 8 when he had one on the island.

I think this whole thing is good v. evil, with damaged people being brought to the island to find redemption or death.

Return to Top
#1348424 - 02/24/10 06:04 PM Re: Lost! straw
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
But what's with the candidates and recruits?

Could it be like the temptation in the desert?

Return to Top
#1348429 - 02/24/10 06:11 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
that is what I am thinking. The whole underlying conflict has been faith vs reason. I think in order to be healed, they need to gain/regain faith.

The temptation is wanting to gain knowledge that they are forbidden from. If they cannot resist the temptation, they are doomed. If they resist the temptation and have faith, they will be healed.

Just my opinion FWIW. I am sure it will be wrong. I remember when Battlestar Galactica was drawing to a close, I was so excited to finally learn all the secrets and the actual answers were so much less compelling than the possibilities were. I fear the same thing will happen with Lost.

Return to Top
#1348807 - 02/24/10 10:57 PM Re: Lost! Dazed Auditor
MHuff Offline
100 Club
MHuff
LA
Originally Posted By: Dazed Auditor
But Jin is with Claire who is heading to the temple. And Sun is headed to the temple. The cave said the name Kwon and did not specify if it was Jin or Sun or both who is the candidate. And Sawyer is a candidate and he is with Locke/smoke monster. So are Hurley and Jack the top candidates?

What is the signifigance of the woman putting Jacob's ashes in the baggie?

The ashes are a protection from the smoke monster. Remember when Evil Locke turned into the smoke monster, one of the men sprinkled ashes around himself and was protected until he fell or somehow got outside of the circle and then was killed. The people at the temple sprinkled ashes around its perimeter, too, when they found out Jacob was dead.

Return to Top
#1348836 - 02/24/10 11:42 PM Re: Lost! MHuff
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
My friend and I have discussed the numbers many times over the years and theorized that they were the main players' seat numbers/row numbers on the Oceanic plane. Jack was sitting in first class, so he'd have a low number (4), etc. Now that we've seen on the cave wall that Locke is 4 and Jack was 23... Locke wasn't seated in first class... our little pet theory doesn't hold water. I know that Damon Lindelof (one of the writers of the show) once said, "we may never really know what the numbers mean" and took a lot of flack for it afterward by angry fans. Since then, none of the writers (to the best of my knowledge) have commented publicly on whether or not we'll find out precisely waht is the deal with the numbers.

I need answers!!! I would be completely unable to resist temptation in straw's theory, so I'd be doomed! laugh Last night's show was very enjoyable, all but that one moment when Claire... well I won't be a spoiler, but eeeeewwwww yuck I actually squirmed in my chair and squeaked a little bit. Ick.

Return to Top
#1348841 - 02/24/10 11:46 PM Re: Lost! straw
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: straw
I remember when Battlestar Galactica was drawing to a close, I was so excited to finally learn all the secrets and the actual answers were so much less compelling than the possibilities were. I fear the same thing will happen with Lost.

Agree about Battlestar. I also felt the exact same way about The X Files... I always wanted more definitive... something! After putting in all that time watching, thinking about it, wondering... discussing the "mythology" of it... so many possibilities and so little disappointing "definite" anything in the end. Ugh. Very unsatisfying. But then, I feel the same way about History Channel's current show "Mysteryquest". I really want them to solve the Loch Ness Monster question once and for all! laugh And Bigfoot! And the Jersey Devil! My 3rd grade religious ed teacher told me that in heaven, all my questions would be answered. I sure hope I get there and that her theory was true! laugh Otherwise, will I be bummed!!!! Whew wink
Last edited by Periwinkle; 02/24/10 11:48 PM.

Return to Top
#1348889 - 02/25/10 10:51 AM Re: Lost! BurntSienna
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
We see through a glass darkly now, but the writers better clear this up and fast!

Return to Top
#1348917 - 02/25/10 01:27 PM Re: Lost! Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Comp Rookie - I believe what he spread around himself was gun powder. They have used that in the past to keep something away. Ben and Good John found a circle of gunpowder around the cabin when Ben originally took John there.

Return to Top
#1348919 - 02/25/10 01:33 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Jersey has a devil?

Return to Top
#1349051 - 02/25/10 03:49 PM Re: Lost! Dazed Auditor
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I thought the episode was really good. I am hoping that it ends just as well too.

Return to Top
#1349087 - 02/25/10 04:15 PM Re: Lost! Spivol
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
I loved the reflections in the lighthouse mirrors.

Return to Top
#1350369 - 03/01/10 03:14 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I just finished Season 5 last night and will start 6 this week. I was curious about the Egyptian statue that is shown in the last couple of episodes (all that is left is the foot by the time the Oceanic 815 crew arrives.) So I looked it up and found some stuff that is definitely interesing....

The crocodile headed god is Sobek. One of his hieroglyphs is a single foot.

In Egyptian lore, Sobek created the world from chaos.

He is the repairer of evil, rather than being a force for good on his own.

He calls on other gods & goddesses to protect or help people, rather than taking an active role. (I think we really see this brought into play with Desmond, for example. Possibly might explain Richard's role too.)

Sobek shown with the ankh (which the statue has in its hand, when it is whole) symbolizes Sobek's ability to undo evil & cure ills. (Obvious ramifications - Locke, Rose)

I think the use of Sobek was very carefully planned by the creators of this show.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21