Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1351066 - 03/02/10 05:09 PM DBA accounts and NAICS codes
Turner84 Offline
Do customers with a business account titled for example: John Doe DBA Construct All Construction, need a NAICS code? We have quite a few "Doing Business As" accounts and all are of course sole proprietorships having other personal accounts under the same CIF. I get mixed opinions on whether NAICS codes are needed.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1351096 - 03/02/10 05:40 PM Re: DBA accounts and NAICS codes Turner84
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You would assign an NAICS code that relates to the type of business conducted, in this case construction. NAICS has nothing to do with form of ownership; they are used by the government to classify business types (census bureau) - that is the genesis of these codes, and among other uses by banks to track lending concentrations, by D&B to classify similar businesses, and most recently to classify deposit account customers for BSA industry classifications.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1351333 - 03/02/10 10:43 PM Re: DBA accounts and NAICS codes Turner84
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
For the NAICS codes to serve their purpose, you just assign one every time you open a non consumer account. There are no issues of personal judgment as to when you do or do not.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z