Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1350010 - 02/26/10 08:11 PM New to Internal Audit and am looking for some help
Its Just Me Offline
Midwest
I am a new Internal Auditor for a small bank and I'm trying to develop our Internal Auditing Program. There are some areas that I could really use some help with. If anyone out there has an audit scope or audit program for any of the following areas that they'd be willing to share I'd appreciate it. I'm sure there will be some differences from bank to bank but it would be really helpful for me to have a place to start.

Fixed Assets, GL Reconciliations, Accounts Payable and Purchasing, Branch Capture, Debit Cards, Loan Operations, Investments, Trust Department, Levies and Garnishments, Human Resources, and Advertising.

Thank you!

Return to Top
Audit
#1350138 - 02/26/10 10:20 PM Re: New to Internal Audit and am looking for some help Its Just Me
NeBanker Offline
Gold Star
newtoaudit,

For the wide range of areas you described you may want to look into buying some work papers/compliance manuals. These give you an audit format and then you can shape it fit your bank. Most of them are very in-depth as well. The ones I have used were from Sheshunoff & Alexinformation. You may also want to see if your state banking association offers any compliance or audit schools. I hope this helps.

NeBanker

Return to Top
#1353020 - 03/05/10 03:11 PM Re: New to Internal Audit and am looking for some help NeBanker
pacar Offline
Gold Star
newtoaudit:

PM me and provide me with your e-mail address and I'll get you a few samples to review early next week.

Return to Top
#1353332 - 03/05/10 07:50 PM Re: New to Internal Audit and am looking for some help pacar
Its Just Me Offline
Midwest
Thank you pacar!!!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z